Gameplan Guide

mikosu

Goderator of pink hearts
Alright I did this for Tira so I decided to one for Yun. I'll go into attack use detail later.

Yun-Seong Gameplay Guide

A) Interrupts

Standing Interrupts: AA, 2A, KK, 2K, 4K

FC Interrupts: FC A, WR B, FC K

Anti-Step: AA, 1A, 3A, 44A, 66A, A+K

“Body” attack: his kicks

B) Mixups

Close Range Mixup: BB, 1B, 1K, 66K, throw

Mid/Far Range Mixup: 11_77A, 11_77B, 6B, 66B

FC Mixup: throw, FC K, WS K

Post-GI Mixup: Fast – 2BK, 236KK, A+B MSH B; Slow – 33_99[ B ], CR A

C) Punishment

Distance Whiff Punish: 6B, 22_88B

Sidestep Whiff Punish: 33_99AK, 33_99[ B ]

FC Whiff Punish: WR B, 236KK, WR K

D) Frametraps

On hit: AA, 2A/FC A, JMP B, WR B, 6KK/6K~K

On CH: B, 1B, K, 2B+K

On Block: CR B+K

Okizeme:

After most KNDs 1K, 2K, and 66K are the only reliable moves you have. Anything else is pretty much a tech trap.

A throw: Absolutely nothing guaranteed since they can tech immediately. However you can still act on anticipation. 11_77B is hard to react to if they tech up and guard standing. It’s also the only move that can reach back techers. 66A+B will swat them if they tech up and try anything. If they don't tech and try to roll 66K, 66B, and 1K are unrollable.

Left side throw: 1B and 66B can not be rolled. Once they get used to that it becomes a mixup.

Right side throw: Leaves them right next to Yun. Most moves can be rolled to a certain side. For reliability I suggest mixing up with 66K, 1B, and 1K shenanigans.

33_99B 1KK: see right side throw

33_99B 1KkG: Transition for good ol' CR shenanigans. If they stay grounded and roll only CR A+K can hit. If they stand have fun.

8KKK: JUKEable but gives u oki similar to his right side throw. The JF is not JUKEable but does not guarantee you oki.

66A+B: Not many characters have a move that can do as much grounded damage as this (about 28). After A throw and left side throw it catches all but right roll. After right side throw it catches all but left roll.

9B+K - After A and side throws it catches all but right roll.

Attack use detail:

11_77A - Hard to read low that does good damage physically and to the SG. Steppable up close but unsteppable at tip. Ok for general use.

22_88B - Under no circumstances should you EVER use this move up close. It's steppable and really bad on block. Only use this at max range to catch your opponent off guard or even punish a whiff.

44B - You all use it. We all love it. Good old evasive move with a TC. Try using it when they go for throws. Great for tech traps as well. Beware of those who bait this and punish.

Basic combos:

236KK 8KKK
A+K 66K
66B+K 8KKK
CR A CR K CR 8K

Notable TC/TJ:

1A
6A
44B
236KK
9B+K

There's something about all these low tier characters besides Talim...I want to start maining them and this guide is really good. Thinking about maybe Zas too....

Ruiner

Maybe you should add tech crouches/jumps for the sake of completeness.
Not mentioning crane transitions/moves in any of these categories also looks a bit like you shouldn't use it.

Other than that I like the Idea of sorting the moves by their purpose. Looking forward to more detailed information on moves and how to use them.

Added oki for 33B.

Maybe you should add tech crouches/jumps for the sake of completeness.
Not mentioning crane transitions/moves in any of these categories also looks a bit like you shouldn't use it.

Other than that I like the Idea of sorting the moves by their purpose. Looking forward to more detailed information on moves and how to use them.

Take another look. I mentioned CR A for slow post-GI. I didn't think I should go into CR since we have other threads for that but I did just add the 1KkG transition after 33_99B in oki. Tech crouches and all that will go under attack use detail if mentioned.

EDIT: Started attack use detail and added basic combos.

Good shit. You should put his CR stuff into it when you have the chance. It's basically his only way to really pressure the opponent instead of poking them to death. Then again, I think a lot of peeps rely on CR too much. Also, needs moar 44B. I know that ish is unsafe and baitable, but it's key to Yun's spacing game.

SHould have a section for bs punishment.
Like what are his best punishers for bs-13 -> bs -20

Very useful cuz Yun can technically land stuff like 236KK and 2BK post block Sophie's 236B and Sets umbrella etc.

This stuff looks really good. thanks

Although I'm not totally clear on what an FC is?

I appreciate the patience.

44B - You all use it. We all love it. Good old evasive move with a TC. Try using it when they go for throws.
This is somewhat unreliable. With bad timing you'll end up being thrown right before you'd hit.
236K, 6A, 1A and even 8K seem to be safer and offer similar/better damage anyway.

This is somewhat unreliable. With bad timing you'll end up being thrown right before you'd hit.
236K, 6A, 1A and even 8K seem to be safer and offer similar/better damage anyway.

Well you're anticipating a throw and 44B is just another option. The TC starts soon enough to where it'd work just fine for that. TC doesn't last the whole animation so yea you can be thrown out of it. All the moves you listed are easier to access so I'd recommend them over it except 1A. 1A's TC can't be beat but will only CH if you hit while the throw hitbox is active. The others are better options in general. Even A+B MSH B has a TC. 8K is a strange one. With JFs it's about 73 damage and you can punish Mitsu 2KB with it. If the first kick wasn't high this move would be even more powerful :)

I'd be interested in your opinion about 6A+B. Is there any good use for the auto GI or the move in general, outside a stun-combo?

I'd be interested in your opinion about 6A+B. Is there any good use for the auto GI or the move in general, outside a stun-combo?

Those stun combos only exist online. Expect all those stuns to be shaken in time. I LOVE 6A+B. Anyone who plays me can vouch. I use it mostly for the SG rape. Also when I'm at advantage and think they'll counterattack I throw it out. Not much reward for that but it's there. I like it after certain shakeable stuns also. If they try to attack they get hit. If they block it rapes the SG. I'll happily spread the gospel about this move. The 2nd hit catches step to a side but be wary.

Thanks. Do you know the GI properties?

Yes sir. aGIs all highs and mids (special mids and lows as well) from frames 19-21.

EDIT: Did some messin' around with 44B's SHK. 6A+B for SG rape if they block. A faster move like 44K is hard to beat out. 4B+K will evade most retorts and restun if they come too close. You have nice options. Basically what you do after a stun depends on how im/patient your opponent is.

More notable oki.

Amended A throw oki description: Absolutely nothing guaranteed since they can tech immediately. However you can still act on anticipation. 11_77B is hard to react to if they tech up and guard standing. It’s also the only move that can reach back techers. 66A+B will swat them if they tech up and try anything. If they don't tech and try to roll 66K, 66B, and 1K are unrollable.

66A+B: Not many characters have a move that can do as much grounded damage as this (about 28). After A throw and left side throw it catches all but right roll. After right side throw it catches all but left roll.

9B+K - After A and side throws it catches all but right roll.

And as requested by several:

Notable TC/TJ:
1A
6A
44B
236KK
9B+K

Nem: Do the honor of adding this stuff to the first post.

Back