= Gatsu's Official Temple of teh Random CaS Stuff =

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i will start with 4p,Mitsu is likely to be the first... in SCV he's my second main,and the first is -the not editable- Ezio
:D

Hoping my Ps3 survive (is since december i've that yellow light of teh death), next update will probably be mixed: originals, official 3p, contest stuff, maybe recreations
Fixing the YLOD is really easy, take it to any store or do it yourself, shouldn't cost more than 20 Euros.

Hm.... the "Yellow Light of Death", huh...? Mine is a more extreme case since I needed to change my old PS3 for a brand new one. It's not a pleasant experience to be sure since it took me over 10 months before I got to that point..... :(

As for the more related matters at hand, I find your creations extremely masterful. Your own versions of Gatsu and Bayonetta (along with some of your own originals, I might add) truly impress me, man. Keep it up! ^_^

Big ass update!

Viola 3p
soulcalibur3.png
soulcalibur2i.png
soulcalibur1ns.png
soulcaliburo.png

soulcalibur18.png
Hi! I love all of your cas and I was wondering if you could send me the formula in a conversation. Thanks in advance.

There are a lot of great characters in this thread. After seeing you Bayonetta, I immediately had to copy her. The hat medallion looked off to me, so I would suggest replacing it with the end of a scroll. Nitpicking aside, it is a great design. Thanks for sharing.
Bayonetta 1.jpg

Update,a couple of originals and a -shitty- recreation :D

Kirabo (this is a lil mix between Shaka -see my sign-, Kirabo -mine old SC4 original- and google :D Too bad these pics don't give justice to the shield, ingame work very well. Oh,i know the shield should be rotated of 90°, but due Hilde's animations this was the best solution. Btw is still on workings)
soulcalibur5.png
soulcalibur.png
soulcalibur2.png
soulcalibur4.png
soulcalibur6.png
soulcalibur1o.png

Mimich (Edgemaster style :D An idea i got since Brucege's steampunk contest. He pushed me to create a steampunk inventor girl, now it's turn to show her creation! Basically is a steampunk version of Mokujin)
soulcalibur11.png
soulcalibur9.png
soulcalibur10.png

Ashelotte (no big deal,done in few minutes... not like i was some kind of Ashelotte fan,but definitely was the most -only?- decent/fitting SC4 bonus char design. In b4 peoples say shura and karikimisomething :D )
soulcalibur3i.png
soulcalibur7.png
soulcalibur8.png

EDIT:
Here the entry for the faeries contest
soulcalibur9.png

soulcalibur10s.png

@Gatsu
I would get rid of the pants for Kirabo as african warriors almost never wear pants....let alone a shirt lol (but that's just something i would do).

Wow...Mimich is pro, i like that u were able to use the helmet and make it look cool cuz i sure as hell can't.

Ashlotte looks great as well, nicely done .

Update,a couple of originals and a -shitty- recreation :D

Kirabo (this is a lil mix between Shaka -see my sign-, Kirabo -mine old SC4 original- and google :D Too bad these pics don't give justice to the shield, ingame work very well. Oh,i know the shield should be rotated of 90°, but due Hilde's animations this was the best solution. Btw is still on workings)

A formula for this would be awesome. I'm terrible at making darker characters and would like to do something similar for Xiba. I mean, I like the vast majority of your creations (especially Viola, but I can't recreate that dress pattern) but Kirabo is simply amazing.

@Gatsu
I would get rid of the pants for Kirabo as african warriors almost never wear pants....let alone a shirt lol (but that's just something i would do).
Depends, basically most famous are Masai and Zulu
Masai on reality are very cloth covered, basically they got a long sleeveless red tunic that arrive way under the knees.
Zulu are your typical iconic african tribal warrior, almost naked with animal fur/feathers decorations
On the old sketch for Shaka(see the concepts in my sign) it was all Zulu, now i've try to chose a less obvious way :D

But yes, "pants or not" is one of the design questions that need an answer to consider this chara design finished:D

what to say? Kirabo is a very well made african native warrior CaS, all the patterns are perfect on him, Ashelotte is extremely well done, make the others want to copy her ^ ^, and Mimic ........ is AWESOME! brilliant idea and good work for a very original CaS. (maybe you can improve it even more changing the feet equip or use a pattern on them....it's make me fell like the low part is a little empty)

Depends, basically most famous are Masai and Zulu
Masai on reality are very cloth covered, basically they got a long sleeveless red tunic that arrive way under the knees.
Zulu are your typical iconic african tribal warrior, almost naked with animal fur/feathers decorations
On the old sketch for Shaka(see the concepts in my sign) it was all Zulu, now i've try to chose a less obvious way :D

But yes, "pants or not" is one of the design questions that need an answer to consider this chara design finished:D

Yes, Masai are clothed indeed but they still don't wear pants...you can see my gripe with this right? As you are making an african warrior but from my experience, i've almost never seen 1 that wears pants.
But you were going for a mix between Zulu and Masai right? I still think the rest of him looks good, just the pants ruin it for me.

Oh and i just looked at your drawings, they are very good.

Thanks guys!

A formula for this would be awesome. I'm terrible at making darker characters and would like to do something similar for Xiba. I mean, I like the vast majority of your creations (especially Viola, but I can't recreate that dress pattern) but Kirabo is simply amazing.
As usual,to be fair with others (and because i admit, SCV formulas are HUGE and i'm lazy) i don't post the entire formula, but you can copy it using eyes and ask me for single details like the exact skin color number, or the pattern used for a precise part, i will reply as soon as possible :D

Mimic ........ is AWESOME! brilliant idea and good work for a very original CaS. (maybe you can improve it even more changing the feet equip or use a pattern on them....it's make me fell like the low part is a little empty)
Thanks to you too :D
About the feet equip i like it :D
Are simple, clumsy and in some way conical shape(with the pointy end), they create some visial connection with the helmet... before it got light knight stuff,but it was more "cool looking",where the concept is all about give a funny feeling,like a big toy... ingame is like a little badass (heigh 1, basically shorter than Leixia/Natsu :D) with creepy funny voice, too bad editor pics can't show it :D

Yes, Masai are clothed indeed but they still don't wear pants...you can see my gripe with this right? As you are making an african warrior but from my experience, i've almost never seen 1 that wears pants.

But you were going for a mix between Zulu and Masai right? I still think the rest of him looks good, just the pants ruin it for me.

Oh and i just looked at your drawings, they are very good.
i know,in fact i said long tunic :D
Just keep in mind that as much i tend to dislike random fantasy nonsense(example,i've yet erased all mine zodiac contest CaS :D) and follow a soulcaliburish route with some historic/cultural/etnic/something as starting point, ever to stay soulcaliburish i should/can also avoid the "too realistic" side... every true viking lover must hate me to have put horns on Yrsa,but it work :D
In short,i'm considering pants or not actually, but is all about the pure visual/design point of view, keep it supah realistic is'nt going to be a factor. For SC (i mean SC official cast) standards, imho he yet done his etnic/realistic side of the job :D

Thanks guys!

i know,in fact i said long tunic :D
Just keep in mind that as much i tend to dislike random fantasy nonsense(example,i've yet erased all mine zodiac contest CaS :D) and follow a soulcaliburish route with some historic/cultural/etnic/something as starting point, ever to stay soulcaliburish i should/can also avoid the "too realistic" side... every true viking lover must hate me to have put horns on Yrsa,but it work :D
In short,i'm considering pants or not actually, but is all about the pure visual/design point of view, keep it supah realistic is'nt going to be a factor. For SC (i mean SC official cast) standards, imho he yet done his etnic/realistic side of the job :D

I dunno what a tunic is. But ok i get what you are doing with your character, so i'll leave it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back