= Gatsu's Official Temple of teh Random CaS Stuff =

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you make the king? I'm probibly wrong bit I spotted 4 equipment / accessory pieces, 2 cogs, the moustache and the hair. Fantastic original work by the way.

How did you make the king? I'm probibly wrong bit I spotted 4 equipment / accessory pieces, 2 cogs, the moustache and the hair. Fantastic original work by the way.
It's the afro haircut :D

The king's design is hilarious. The saber tooth man's actually pretty cool. Love APat 3P's hair. PyrrhO's helmet design is a bit too longitudinally proportioned (tall) in my opinion.

As for the Japanese game industry's stagnation, I believe it's just the natural course of gaming. The Japanese are best at finding and exploiting new ideas like Katamari Damasi and Catherine. However, as the world's gaming industry matures, gamers expect a certain level of depth that the Japanese companies rarely attain. The comedic wit of Dragon Age, the heart-wrenching drama of Mass Effect, the moral complexity of the Witcher, and the cultural submersion of Skyrim come to mind. A long shot from brain-dead if you ask me. O ya and they're really fun too. Even the critically acclaimed, Japanese-made Metal Gear Solid 4 relies more on overwrought plots and absurdly long soliloquies than true literary understanding. In the American game industry, I see a reflection of American cinema's long-standing dominance (highly subjective, I know).

I say let the Japanese continue making silly puzzle games and pretty fighting games, but leave the serious business to the West. Some may accuse me, an American, of jingoism, but I know what it's like to be an otaku. I loved Japanese culture as a kid, but the older I got (well, more like a few courses in college), the emptier cartoons seemed compared to real literature like Shakespeare and Dostoevsky.

Sorry about the mostly irrelevant and admittedly pretentious rant.

EDIT: The Witcher is from Poland, the glorious land that brought you pierogi and Chopin Etude No.3:

Well,that's part of the thing
Titles like ME and the Witcher ARE awesome
And retard ending aside i want add the awesome Lord of Shadows (Castelvania),made by a spanish team
And i love God of War and Uncharted too
And many others probably deserve to be in that list
But are the peak of the west industry,not the rule
Just watch the fps invasion, the death of classic genres, the westernization of jap industry (still can't believe what the fuck they're doing to DMC), awesome titles that get cancelled because are'nt what the actual market want (just to say one, Bayonetta 2 cancelled for now).
Often i watch the releases of the month and it look to me some fucking pc list, as pure personal tastes i dislike that.
The braindead part is another factor, not relative to west or east, is brutal marketing. Today every game need to be casual oriented (except games thatbase theyr concept on being out of this,like Demon Souls. But was DS that hard? At the end no,lol), everyone into marketing know this and SH not even try to hide that.
Anybody grow up with the 16 bit era can see it :D
Sometimes is for generation change,sometimes just because many grow up peoples jumped in late,when the VG turned into mass media
The thing is simple,they have to get the attention of all people that have not a "videogame culture",that buyer is indentified by the marketing dude as "casual". When you know the target,you can project your product to make it fitting to him.
And to this it must be added the factor of the western/USA marketing model,less based on quality and more on understand what the buyer want. This model is waaay better compared to the old jap way "we do good stuff,we hope ploples buy it", it sell more. Is the new rule,and internet encourage it and make it work 10 times more effectively. You want know what game 13yrs fatties want? 10 minutes on teh internet you have the reply. It's every marketing dude dream :D
This is the direction the VG world is taking, and i'm not the one to say that, the SE owners and the market analyst have no problem at all to admit that

Again i NOT blame them. Business is business, if i was them i will do the same
But as VG player i'm just going to gradually drop that hobby and get new ones, is nothing bad

some new stuff

Algol 3p, Pyrrah 3p and a couple of OC designs

soulcalibur27.png
soulcalibur44.png
soulcalibur22.png
soulcalibur1n.png

and add again the Crow, because it give troubles to visualize
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/265/soulcalibur11.png/

Your latest batch of designs (as well as those posted within the last 6 or 7 pages before this one) are truly some of the best work that I've ever seen coming from you so far. Incredible doesn't even begin to describe 'em all, man! Well done! Thanks to these, I now have more inspiration to create my own designs. Thank you so much.... m(_ _)m

I guess I have to look forward to seeing more of your work then. Later! ^_^

EDIT: On an off topic note, did you know that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is already on its way? The trailer is already out in Youtube, man. It looks SO cool! ^^

Thanks

EDIT: On an off topic note, did you know that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is already on its way? The trailer is already out in Youtube, man. It looks SO cool! ^^

Yeah,very very cool. Appreciated MGS rising trailer too
Too bad is all 2013 stuff :D

That Pyhrra 3P looks PHENOMENAL
The Zwei one looks pretty awesome too.
Though something bothers me about the Algol 3P, it's probably the boots

Only the crow and the samurai siegfried girl caught my eye, yeah and like hell they did, very nice ;o)
But you won't impress me with feathers on a hat or a roman armor on Algol....a Grendizer Algol maybe (oops, i did that one already, *wink*)

So...nice work...color scheme for the girl is awesome, i can't really tell for the Crow, it is sooooo dark ;o)

Oh and i commented on your entry in the contest too...toreador is my favourite by far.

I also love Castlevania Lords of Shadows by Mercury Steam. A piece of gaming art.

Page-change
some new stuff

Algol 3p, Pyrrah 3p and a couple of OC designs

soulcalibur27.png
soulcalibur44.png
soulcalibur22.png
soulcalibur1n.png

+Le Bello nationality thread entry

Done 4,very quick job... focused more on keep the traditional clichè than develop unique personality/chara design

Lucius- Centurion, Italy
soulcalibur12.png

Miguel- Toreador, Spain
soulcalibur3s.png

Jaques- Musketeer,France
soulcalibur6.png

Kairos- Warrior,Greece
soulcalibur23.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back