Glad we can face the truth now (1 year later)

ShadedWolf

[08] Mercenary
Can't let great posts die:

http://caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34495

And the post I made earlier in this forum.

To help save time for all potential Talim players and save them from that horrible agony - that horrible agony when you realize your favorite character is a gimp.

All this is information I wrote nearly a year ago so if some of it has changed, apologies. However the majority of it should still ring true.

i started with talim maybe a month or so ago, and i heard about all her faults from this place. but thought what the hell she looks fun, and i was right, shes kinda unique in this game and strangly addictive. flaws 'n' all , talim is awesome!

Video doesn't mean anything. If the opponent doesn't know anything about Talim, they will get destroyed. You should know that by now. Talim is the worst character in the game, IF the opponent knows how to deal with her to make her the worst character in the game. The Cassandra player was simply WAY too aggressive, the way to deal with Talim is to play defense and let her kill herself.

I guess Korean players should take a lesson or two from Jaxel and ShadedWolf.

Okay first off I would like to say: I don't know you and you don't know me so nothing of this is personal. I am not trying to be offensive at all, just wanting to discuss this.

I agree on one major point and that is that you are actually right.

Talim is awful, compared to the rest of the cast.
Talim is unsafe, compared to the rest of the cast.
Talim is simply just worse then the rest of the cast.

Does it prevent me from playing Talim? Ofcourse not, I am biased. I am stunned by her fun playstyle and the near perfect execution and mind games you need to win. This however attracts new kinds of persons. Not the one who wants to win with anything possible. It's the person who wants to win with the character they like to play with. You may be right in that I probably would win alot more battles if I have chosen another main (like Amy or Yoshi). I don't know and to be honest: I don't really wanna know.

However I guess you are trying to prevent players from playing Talim because this is obviously a really negative post about her and you are warning the players to pick another one. Why? Why are you doing this?
Do you want to be helpful? Do you want to prove the Talim players wrong? I don't get it, please explain it.

Again I do understand your point and I agree with it. It just seems odd to me to post this in the Talim section where players come to actually LEARN to play with Talim(the few that is). This one just scares new players away. What are you achieving with this?

And Talim DOES have unique strenghts in SC4 I believe.
1. Wind Transitions. Yes I included this one as a strenght. WC is a true mix-up stance wich you can't avoid. You MUST guess what the Talim player is doing. Wind Leap has it's flaws with being easily backsteppeble and being BB'ed out of it and AS is mainly used for a oki game on opponents who are out of normal range. But still they are usefull for their built-in evasiveness. They both still Tech-Jump, that wasn't different a year back I guess.
2. Stuns. These are both a curse and a blessing, but you can't deny that stuns do offer a mix-up. Even when shakable with the fastest reaction ever you still need to guess with the Talim player is doing.
3. Underrated. ALOT of people don't know how she works. Thus they also don't know how to counter her. You can say that people can study up on her but it is not the same. Talim can overwhelm players if played right. Not with her technical game, but with her mind-game. This is more of a players strenght but still Talim is a excellent character to use complex mind-games with.

I am not a Talim-master or a theory fighter at all. There are far better Talim players out there on this forum who know to play her. And while they have other characters as well I bet they don't have learned to play Talim just because she is so bad.

I get the fact that she bad and all, but... why go through the trouble of making a thread linking to another thread to discourage new people from picking her up?

In most cases, (unless they already played competitively before), most people won't even understand what makes her bad before her flipping and spinning around the screen captivates their minds. And most of those who do play competitively on this forum will know she's bad already. I just don't get the purpose here...

Just recently got into Talim, and I have to say, that she's the best character I've ever played (thanks to her I won 27 in a row!) so what was the point of this? If I was considering her and I saw this I would have ditched the idea. I don't understand your point of this thread in a Talim-Player-Help forum. And to tell you the truth, Talim has great mind games. I've beaten two lvl. 89s (I'm 62 haha) with her.

ehm judge..like jaxel said..if the/your opponnent knows nothin about talim..then she is a beast..but did ya play a few mirros agains anyone who is playin quit a while with her???

You gots a point... They left themselves open too much now that you mention it. Guess I was too quick to hate on the thread, heh. But I gotta say she's got some sick wall combos.

Funny I should mention that:

funny-pictures-walls-utterly-fascinating.jpg

This isn't really necessary to be discussed in any more detail. It's been discussed at lengths back then and i don't think it will help again.

Closed.

Back