Guard Bursts

CFW

[13] Hero
I've looked for a thread like this, either I didn't look good enough or there isn't any.

Recently I fought a Natsu (online, but I'm not sure if that matters) and when I Guard Bursted them and went for either one of Pyrrha's 4B or 66B combos, they guard impacted it.

Is there something that I'm missing or am I attacking too late? Is it character specific? Is it difficult to GI out of them? Can you even do it at all and I'm just being dumb?

Mods feel free to lock this thread if there is already a thread/section on Guard Bursts I don't know about.

I probably did, I don't necessarily react to things very fast.

Thanks!

When you burst an opponent, they are vulnerable for 60 frames.

HOWEVER-

the move you did to burst them still has to go through its recovery. So, you have to take that into account, + how many frames you hesitate before doing the move, + the actual frames of the move you're doing. So, if all that adds up to more than 60 frames, the opponent is able to move and thus able to GI or JG. (That's a worst-case scenario, most people will just block since they are not vulnerable anymore.)

To prevent this from happening, you can either use quicker moves for your burst combos, mash your input when you hit the burst, or both. (I do both with Pat, 6BBBBBBB~ on a burst, i15. Your mileage may vary.)

Reactions: CFW
Oh, I seriously thought Natsu could GI out of the GB.

Glad I was wrong, I guess I just need to not slack off the next time it happens. Thank you~

Back