Guard Pressure Guide

Party Wolf

Administrator
Xiba is one of the characters in this game that can cause some serious damage to the guard gauge. The following below has some general information on how to apply this pressure.

acadc6ba46577be99f287c2b60015e01.png

Here is a list of moves that break guard in order of weakest to strongest (including their ideal BnB post GB). The number next to the move represents how many times that move needs to be guarded in order to guard burst your opponent. The format below is "Move: GB# - Post GB combo".

Weakest to Strongest (Top to Bottom)
1A: 15 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
BT A: 15 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
7*8*9B: 15 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
3kB: 15 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
66K: 15 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
B: 13 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
B(B): 13 - REM B
WD A+B: 13 - 6BK; 6AK BE
11*44*77A: 13 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
33*66*99B: 13 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
6K: 11.5 - Only the 1st hit breaks, so you will always get 2nd hit post GB
11*44*77AA: 11.5 - Only the 1st hit breaks, so stop the string short and do 66BBB; A+BBK BE
66K(B): 11.5 - Only the 1st hit breaks, so stop the string short and for 66BBB; A+BBK BE
33*99K: 11.5 - Only the 1st hit breaks, so continue the rest of the string
3AB: 11 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
3B: 11 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
3(B): 11 - REM B
FC B: 11 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
BT 2B: 11 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
22*88B: 11 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
44B: 11 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
4A: 10 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
BT B: 10 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
4K: 10 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
236236A+B+K: 10 - 66BBB
REM B: 10 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
kB: 9.5 - Only the 1st hit breaks so you will always get the 2nd hit post GB
A+B: 9.5 - Only the 1st hit breaks so you will have to finish the string
3BK: 9 - 66BBB
WR B: 9 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
11*44*77K: 9 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
4KB: 8.5 - Only the 1st hit breaks so stop the string short and do 66BBB; A+BBK BE
33*66*99B: 13 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
33*66*99BBB: 5.5 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
A+BB: 8.33 - Only the 1st hit breaks so you will have to finish the sting
66KB: 8.25 - Only the 1st hit breaks so you will have to stop the string and do 66BBB; A+BBK BE
6B+K: 8.2 - Only the 1st hit breaks so you will have to finish the string
6AK: 8 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
4B: 8 - 66BBB
33*99KB: 7.33 - Only the 1st hit breaks so you will have to finish the string
BB: 7 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
6AK BE: 6.75 - Only the 2nd hit breaks so stop the string short and do 66BBB; A+BBK BE
A+BBK: 6.25 - Only the 1st hit breaks so you will have to finish the string
FC A+B: 6 - If the 1st hit breaks you have to finish the string, if the 2nd hit breaks 66BBB; A+BBK BE
4B+K: 6 - n / a
11*44*77K BE: 5.5 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
33*66*99BBB: 5.33 - 66BBB; A+BBK BE
A+BBK BE: 5.2 - Only the 1st hit breaks so you will have to finish the string

As you can see his GB game is pretty good. He also has some force blocks (set ups where the opponent has to choose to get hit or block something) that can hurt people pretty badly. The format is "Moves that hit: Force block" (If you have any I am forgetting feel free to post below)

List of Force Blocks
66BBB: 44K
CE: 6K
Run K: 44K
CH WR B: 44K
3BK: B
44B:3kB
REM AK:44K
33KB(Ukemi):REM B

To finish things off, he has good pokes that do not break guard, but still manages to make the guard red after a while. This is useful so that you can choose to save their reg guard gauge for the next round.

Good Moves That Do Not Guard Burst When Blocked
6B/6BK
2B
A/AA
3A
2A
3*1A+B
REM A
WR K
2B+K

With all this said you should have a good idea on what moves are good to apply and keep pressure to your opponents guard gauge. Feel free to post below if you have any comments, or things you would like to add on that I forgot to mention.

Great job Partywolf!
You wrote some very interesting stuff.
It is right that Xiba is not bad at making the guard red, but I usually have troubles to break it definitely, and I think that's because the majority of his powerful blow (at breaking guard) are easy to step, like 44K, 44B, 3B. But it's still indeed a good mean of pressure the opponent

About the force block part, is it really impossible to tech on the side to avoid 44K after a run K and avoid WS B after 6AK CH?
Not that I don't trust you! It's really awesome if that's true, but it still surprise me a bit haha.

I'll try to find some others Xiba force block next week end, it could become a very interesting strategy too break guard!
The best would be 4 [B ] force block after something ahah. But I don't hope too much.

• Admin
Thanks martimouff! I share those same problems about the my powerful GB moves being stepped. Also run K and 6AK CH are impossible to tech, so those force blocks should be guaranteed unless I messed up somewhere (which I hope I did not!). If you find any other ones let me know! I will be interested to see what you find.

It's worth noting that you can use the linearity of your big, nasty guard breakers to your advantage. If your opponent's guard is flashing red and he knows that you basically need to use a vertical attack in order to break it, you can really lean on things like AAK, 6A, etcetera. Remember, it's not just the guard break that gives you free damage; the opportunities you get from people trying to avoid the guard break are just as important, if not more so.

• Admin
It's worth noting that you can use the linearity of your big, nasty guard breakers to your advantage. If your opponent's guard is flashing red and he knows that you basically need to use a vertical attack in order to break it, you can really lean on things like AAK, 6A, etcetera. Remember, it's not just the guard break that gives you free damage; the opportunities you get from people trying to avoid the guard break are just as important, if not more so.
To add on to this, Xiba does have his safe horizontal 44A! 44A (GB=13) will break guard in case you make a bad read and they block your step catcher. Remember what the almighty Hates says because it will be affective vs a player with Xiba knowledge!

I found that after 33KB G 44K is force block. And OTG then. The situation is weird so i might be wrong, but it worked with me.
And after a 1A+B W! 4B+K is kind of force block, that mean you can roll to avoid it, but if you stand up, you'll take the blow! It's good to do some guard damages, but don't forget to not break the guard with 4B+K.

CH 6AK is a techable KND so WR B can be teched and avoided. 33KB 44K can be rolled. Since we're talking force blocks I'll contribute:

Right side throw is untechable and the only throw with consistent oki. 6B, 2K, and 1_3A+B are all force blocks so they can't be escaped by rolling.

I did tests in training, and you can't roll after a 33KB G 44K to avoid the 44K. And you can't tech neither.

33KB is a techable KND so yes you can tech after it but I see what the issues are now. If you do 44K early it has some holes to it albeit character-specific. Xiba can roll it to his right, Pyrrha can roll it her left, Leixia can tech it to her left, and Asta is forced to block it for examples. If you do it a bit later it seems to catch all rolls but you could forward tech and GI/JG so it technically isn't a force block but I doubt anyone will do that so it's pretty good.

New Glitch: There are Xiba moves that break in FC and/or While landing that should not break normally. These moves are 6B, A, 3K, and 1K.

Back