Has anyone been to the "Official" SC forum?

A few things that make me laugh...

About Setsuka

I miss that move from SC3 (if she is really far away you can use it to close the distance between you and your opponent really quick) that it got replaced with this jumping move in SC4.

Don't get me wrong, I like this new jumping move which is probably better since you can dodge attacks while closing distances. But it would be cool to be able to do both. But I guess it wouldn't work out.

Question to development team

Q: What made you decide that you wanted to have a guest character designed by a famous artist? (Such as Angol Fear designed by Mine Yoshizaki of Keroro Gunso fame.)

-kurmankuro

A: It was an idea from some our team members. We have been implementing bonus characters in this franchise and we thought including original characters designed by famous artists could be a big service for fans.

Well you thought wrong
Another question

Q: I'm studying Computer Science right now, hoping to become a videogame programmer so is great to have the opportunity to ask you (the team) a series of questions. When making a game, one of the most important things is to gain the gamer’s attention, I think. There sure are a lot of ways of doing that, and here is the question: In Soul Calibur IV, which things were the ones that the team thought that will gain that attention in gamers? Like when you sit down and think about a great idea and say "gamers will get excited with this".

-GRSCeric

A: I think the biggest attention grabber for Soulcalibur IV would have to be the guest characters.

You thought wrong again

Another question that makes me laugh

Q: Sometimes the end result of the development is very different from what was originally conceptualized - in what ways is the released version of SCIV better than what was originally planned?

-Ghostdog

A: The basic features were maintained as originally planned but we made small changes along the way. With each change, things always got better from the original concept. For example, there was a lot of trial and error when working on the AMB system (Active Matching Battle) and finally got it to where we were all satisfied.

I shudder to think of their original idea if this is better than they thought.

Another question

Q: Hello Project Soul, I've noticed that in each iteration of the Soul series, you have always made many changes to some characters, and few for others. For example, Nightmare remains very similar in Soul Calibur III and Soulcalibur IV, but Ivy has changed greatly with each new version of the Soul series. What makes you feel that a character should be changed? Do you feel that some characters are already well expressed with their current moves? How do you decide on what kind of moves should be added or taken away to a character?

-Schneider-X

A: We implement changes to the characters that haven’t been changed for in a while. For example, a character that was changed drastically in Soulcalibur II will stay almost the same in Soulcalibur III. But that character will be changed in Soulcalibur IV.

I'm not even sure they even read this question since the answer is BS

Quite a bunch of scrubs, indeed. I had the misfortune of coming across that forum on accident when I first got into SCIV. You know a forum is bad when the first thread you see is named, "Soul Calibur 4....need cheapest 360 character.".

facepalm.jpeg

Pathetic!!!

The developers just answered the shallow questions.

It was kinda expected but I had hope for some answers to serious ones like the ones we posted in this site.

I see this as a failure for our side in a manner. We need to be more agressive in getting the developer's attention in hopes of a better product. Otherwise, they will keep listening and cathering to clueless players.

Too bad Namco wasn't in touch with some of its fans like Capcom is (Who even has solid SF players on staff...or had, lol). Namco just doesn't get it sometimes.

Well, the bonus character designs are kinda cool -Shura's booty alone justifies their being added. Don't be so uptight. Admit that if flash had no value to you at all you would be playing Virtua Fighter instead ;)

The guest characters DO grab attention. I mean, it's a stupidly shameless marketting ploy so it should at least do that.

It's not till those last two questions do I start to agree these people are insane. AMB system actually good? I agree - what the hell was their original design? And that last question is actually kind of sad because it proves that the person answering these questions is not only not a developer but doesn't even know the damn game.

The reason the tough questions were not the ones that got answered were because they were all probably answered by Hiro-san from marketing.

Yeah, I mean I'm not a fan of the star wars characters or the bonus characters, but to say the guy answering that question is wrong about them being the biggest attention grabbers is, just, well...wrong.

They're definitely the biggest attention grabbers. Without them, the average player just goes "oh look, a fighting game". If the already knew soul calibur, they'd go "Oh, the new soul calibur!" but even still, the star warscharacters definitely grab the most attention.

Other than that, though.....yeah. I'm with you.

Back