Have a question? Ask here!

Jaytech

[09] Warrior
this thread is meant for questions about SC4 in general. feel free to post your questions here. all members are encouraged to help out whoever is in need of answers.

read more, post less!

here are some popular threads:

forum directory:
http://www.8wayrun.com/f21/forum-directory-read-here-first-t62/

sc4 command conventions:
http://www.8wayrun.com/f6/newbie-silencer-t76/

sc4 gameplay basics:
http://www.8wayrun.com/f6/learning-how-to-learn-soul-calibur-t552/

sc4 unlockables:
http://www.8wayrun.com/f21/sc4-unlockables-faq-t1285/

A natural combo?

2 questions:
1. What exactly is an natural combo?
2. What is the classification of a combo that can be ukemi'ed out of?

1. A natural combo is something like all characters' A, A. If you're hit by the first one, in any state (CH, regular hit, whatever), the other A will hit. No matter what. They're usually listed as NC in character's movesets here on the forum. A CH combo means that the next hit will only be unstoppable if the first was a hit on counter. If not, you can block it.

2. Strictly speaking, a combo that can be ukemi'd is not a combo. A combo means that it's going to hit no matter what - it might be very hard to pull off, but if you do, it'll combo. What you're talking about is usually more along the lines of a 'trap.'

Can anyone give hints as to how to get the treasure in floor 49 of TOLS?
I keep throwing grabs - some miss target or get broken - and cannot get the loot!
This LVL is getting me crazy with the invi caracters, and to make things worse, the B+G of kilik with back to edge of ring does not work since opponent have Nullify RING OUT S
Thanks

CaS: Alignment and Accessory Questions

I've got two major questions related to Character Creation.

First, how do I tell what "alignment" my character is? SC3 had the +/- and sun/moon guages, but I can't find a similar display in SC4. It asks me to select an alignment preference in the initial creation, but I have no idea if further equipment customizations adjust this aspect. In fact, I don't even remember what alignment I selected for some of my characters.

Secondly, how to Accessories work? All I ever see is a completely empty box at the bottom of my selection categories. Pressing X while selecting it doesn't even open a menu of purchasable accessories to choose from, despite the fact I've accumulated over 20 honors and unlocked the ToLS Floor 8 treasure chest for Armor Ring: Ice Mirror.

Any help or guidance on these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Uh, might as well answer the second.

Um, accessories are only for people who can't equip regular equipment... 1p or 2p costumes, or guys like The Apprentice.

Custom stuff (regular equipment) has points stuck onto it, so no accessories there.

CaS: Alignment and Accessory Questions

I've got two major questions related to Character Creation.

First, how do I tell what "alignment" my character is? SC3 had the +/- and sun/moon guages, but I can't find a similar display in SC4. It asks me to select an alignment preference in the initial creation, but I have no idea if further equipment customizations adjust this aspect. In fact, I don't even remember what alignment I selected for some of my characters.

Secondly, how to Accessories work? All I ever see is a completely empty box at the bottom of my selection categories. Pressing X while selecting it doesn't even open a menu of purchasable accessories to choose from, despite the fact I've accumulated over 20 honors and unlocked the ToLS Floor 8 treasure chest for Armor Ring: Ice Mirror.

Any help or guidance on these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Those accessories are basically just for the standard character costumes and not custom costumes. So, if you pick a character's standard 1P or 2P costume, you can add in one of those accessories, since you can't modify their base equipment in that case.

Well, I suppose that makes sense then. Do I assign those accessories from the Character Creation screen? Previously, I wasn't able to select the standard costumes for editing, but perhaps I'll be able to do it now.

Anyone have any knowledge on the Alignment aspect of the game?

the alignment of your characterdoesnt play a huge role in the game. there are certain equipable properties that will say something to effect of "HP goes up or down depending on alignment of your oppoenent compared to yours." as far as how to check what your alignment is.....I have no clue.

something to check....go into character creation. pick one of your CUSTOM characters and go to details. its probablly in there somewhere

so how exactly do you guys "count frames" i know the game runs at 60fps, but how is it possible to count something that fast?

iirc, in the previous SCs, you're able to GI unblockables. Can you GI them in SC4? I keep forgetting to try, but might start doing it if you can.

Back