Have trouble with Lizardman and Cervantes

Kurt

[08] Mercenary
hi guys. i need some help with strats versus Lizardman and Cervantes. When Lizardman does his stance, on the floor, I have no idea how to respond as Sophie. Alot of moves dont hit like BB. Any ideas how to solve this problem ? Also i hate blocking low when he does this.

Cervantes I have problems coz online guys use 3 different moves that stun on each move. not really sure on what those moves are. how to counter this ? it makes me so annoyed when I get hit like this.

thanks for help !

First off, If u want help through training experience shoot me an invite. I can fairly use Cervy (not pro but at least competitive level) and I kinda know what u're talking about. I'll try and help you out with that one.

As for Lizardman, I don't know him as well as cervy, but I really do know his crawl stance and know how it's used effectively. Figure out what your opponent will attack with in crawl stance. If he's going for simple swipe attack, then block low and counter with 2K. That'll break him out of that stance. Same if he tries the roll attack. 2K can be your friend when used effectively and quickly. Now the pros might counter you with Lizardman's crawl stance GI, but that's rare. Hope I helped.

With Sophie you have a big advantage over Cervantes. Against the move where he teleports up (4B+K) and the one where he teleports back (4A+B) just use her A+B Auto GI! Try it in trainingsmodus...

Against the other stunning moves you can always punish him with sophies 236B. she is on the few chars that can punish his 2A+B which is really bad for him. Actually you can punish almost every good move besides 3A+B and fast pokes...in this matchup you should really have a look into Framedata.

Search on the forum and you'll find it.

When Lizardman goes into crawl, stab him (AS B). In a good 70%+ of situations stabbing is the right choice, making Sophie's anti-crawl game rather simple.

I usually just TAS b a crawling lizardman.
How did you fight a lizardman anyway? I never see them online

Back