having some trouble

imonamission

[08] Mercenary
well ive just recently picked up leixia and plan to main her .i knew i would have trouble against long range characters but never knew how badly .i always seem to lose against nightmare and seigfried
even if theyre not that good.any leixia players here have the same issue ? what can i do to finally defeat this two guys ?

http://8wayrun.com/threads/matchup-discussion-leixia-vs-siegfried.11588/

I'm sure there's another tthread for nightmare somewhere here as well. there's some good info there to help you punish sieggy if her decides to just throw out 3b, some stuff I didn't know. but to get in, I try to do a lot of different things like 66k, 66b, 66a, 33b, 6(A), and pray. praying seems most effective since he can hit you w/ things like b6 or 6a. but once you're in, just keep on him and you should be fine.

As for nightmare, I haven't really fought too many but his throw range is dumb and his backdash is dumb. so learn where you can duck his strings and be weary when he has 1 full meter stocked -_-. oh and his 236a beats 6kk so don't use that to punish moves that go into his grim stride stance.

In addition to what MTfighter said, try doing something quite straightforward; running up close, and blocking. I don't know how clued up you are on input jargon (2A, 66B etc.) but often if you block an attack by Nightmare or Siegfried, especially a long range attack, you can get a guaranteed hit on them (a punish). They'll often use moves that recover slowly, or put them in a stance, and you can take free damage if you manage to block these moves. You main attacks to punish with are 6KK and 3B

For example, against Nightmare, you can punish many of his stance moves with 6KK. So let him do a long range attack, block it, then wait for his panic follow-up (block that too), and hit him afterwards with 6KK. Some moves you can even punish with 3B, which launches him for more damage (like his 3AA).

It might seem counter-intuitive, but you can really cause Nightmare and Siegfried a lot of problems just by patiently moving forward and blocking a lot.

thanks alot for the info ill take this all into training and practice
Try to keep in mind vs Nightmare, It's not a bad idea to duck vs him to discourage his throws, 6K, and agA. His mids without meter are either not too threatening (66K) or reactable (3B, 44B, 33B) Obviously don't do it all the time, but it's important to get passed his faster CH fishing moves.

Back