HDMI to DVI (or vga, etc)

Kamatari

[08] Mercenary
Well, long story short, has anyone every tried such connections? What were the results for you? better than a SDTV I suppose?

I'm currently using an HDMI to DVI connection for my PS3. Looks great to me but your results are ultimately going to be dependent on the monitor your are using. You can get a cable for $30 at Wal-mart.

HDMI to VGA is going to be more expensive to do as you need a converter box to convert the signal.

HDMI and DVI are the same signal... except that HDMI includes sound. Converters are cheap.

Thnks for the input. I was at micro center (a sort of..computer mall) and picked up a Dvi to HDMI converter. I believe male hdmi and female DVI Input/output's were on the converter I bought.I haven't opened it, since My ps3 is in Florida, I was going to test it when I got there, but just wanted to know ahead of time. Thanks again guys. I can't wait to see what SCIV looks like on my brothers DVI.

Edit:
I think that should have been the other way around, as far as the male/female thing.

well in theory it should work just as well as plugging HDMI straight in because DVI and HDMI produce the same image quality. The only thing is that of course you will lose the audio from HDMI thats the only down side.

Hm. Thanks for the heads up, I recall seeing a way to still recive audio from the ps3 to external speakers , on youtube. I'll juse look it up again I suppose,And funny enough, I bought the "Converter" ( I don't know what else to call it, if its the same signal :p) and didn't buy the cables!

I got a Phillips HDMI to DVI and I love it. No sound of course, but it was only $30 and it does it's job.

(I use RCA to get sound)

Back