Hello, hello! I'm interested in tackling a new dimension.

Skiegh

[05] Battler
Hello everybody. I come from the realm of the 2nd dimension, I hear you guys have a 3rd. I'm interested in finally trying to learn how to play a 3D fighter at some level competence, so I look forward to learning as much as I can from everybody.

Only Soulcaliburs I've played are 1 and 2, way back in the day, but that was certainly through a casual lens. I've been tinkering about with them a little bit in anticipation of this one, and it really got me interested in actually trying to figure this stuff out. So here I am, another eager SCVI scrub.

I've been pursuing info as best I can, but any vets (or not) who post, be kind and drop a random tidbit of SC knowledge on me.

Greetings from the third dimension. Who do you like for a main and what platform will you be on?

Also here's a nice primer on moving up through dimensions, good luck!

Greetings from the third dimension. Who do you like for a main and what platform will you be on?

Also here's a nice primer on moving up through dimensions, good luck!

Thanks! I'll certainly be on PC, barring it doesn't have any massive issues, I hope it'll be the better version of it. If it's horrible, then I may have to jump to another platform.

Way back in the day in SC1&2 I used Kilik, but that was before I really learned fighting games and really learned my preferred playstyle, which tends to be offensive-defensive (Get in someone's face and wait for them to make a mistake). A pretty common playstyle choice for a Third Strike player, haha. Patiently waiting in-front of someone and capitalizing on knowing when they'll break and hit a button is generally what I prefer doing. Not sure how that playstyle will suit me in a 3D game, but it's probably where I'll start.

Characters which interest me the most currently, in no particular order: Tira, Sophitia, Talim, Taki.

Also great classic video. I'm looking forward to experiencing this Third Dimension. I'll have to wait on the fourth...

Welcome! I this might be a good video, though it's probably a bit outdated now that 6 comes out in 17 days, but it's still pretty good for upping game, regardless of the game. (At least i'm pretty sure it's the right link, i can't check at work)
https://8wayrun.com/threads/the-basics-of-soulcalibur.15258/

Thanks for the info. Seems less like a video and more like a series of links to info dumps. Not the worst thing for me to read up on. Though I'll likely just skip around for any 3D exclusive topic -- I live inside the frames, so I don't need any info on that, hehehe.

Thanks! I'll certainly be on PC, barring it doesn't have any massive issues, I hope it'll be the better version of it. If it's horrible, then I may have to jump to another platform.

Way back in the day in SC1&2 I used Kilik, but that was before I really learned fighting games and really learned my preferred playstyle, which tends to be offensive-defensive (Get in someone's face and wait for them to make a mistake). A pretty common playstyle choice for a Third Strike player, haha. Patiently waiting in-front of someone and capitalizing on knowing when they'll break and hit a button is generally what I prefer doing. Not sure how that playstyle will suit me in a 3D game, but it's probably where I'll start.

Characters which interest me the most currently, in no particular order: Tira, Sophitia, Talim, Taki.

Also great classic video. I'm looking forward to experiencing this Third Dimension. I'll have to wait on the fourth...

Thanks for the info. Seems less like a video and more like a series of links to info dumps. Not the worst thing for me to read up on. Though I'll likely just skip around for any 3D exclusive topic -- I live inside the frames, so I don't need any info on that, hehehe.
Oops I guess I'm still bad with links hehehe. A good idea would be to check @Hayate 's sc6 characters breakdowns. They're very good.

Oops I guess I'm still bad with links hehehe. A good idea would be to check @Hayate 's sc6 characters breakdowns. They're very good.

Hey, no problem, thanks for the info. I've already divulged all of Hayate's videos -- all things considered, I've probably watched most SCVI videos that I've managed to come across. I imagine I will have a lot of questions once I get my hands on the game.

Minor question: What's the default arcade layout for this game? Is it...

A B K
G - -

or...

A B -
G K -

And which one is the default in SCVI, and is there a pre-made layout for both? (IE: Type A, B and so on...) I generally like to learn with the arcade layout so I don't have to waste everyone's time button remapping. I learned my lesson after learning other games for 12+ years with the wrong button layout, which incidentally, makes it really hard (by that I mean impossible) to play on an arcade cabinet.

Hey, no problem, thanks for the info. I've already divulged all of Hayate's videos -- all things considered, I've probably watched most SCVI videos that I've managed to come across. I imagine I will have a lot of questions once I get my hands on the game.

A B K
G - -

or...

A B -
G K -

And which one is the default in SCVI, and is there a pre-made layout for both? (IE: Type A, B and so on...) I generally like to learn with the arcade layout so I don't have to waste everyone's time button remapping. I learned my lesson after learning other games for 12+ years with the wrong button layout, which incidentally, makes it really hard (by that I mean impossible) to play on an arcade cabinet.
Sorry, I don't know, @Frayhua or any of the more competitive players will be able to do that better than me, I use a custom controller anyway.

A B K
G - -

or...

A B -
G K -

A B K
G - - is the arcade layout.

Ah, alright, it is the first one. I figured as much, that's the one most fitting for the hand and frequent button combos you need to do.

Thanks for the answers. Google was giving me mixed signals.

Back