Hello, newbie here

Rabban

[08] Mercenary
Hi, I'm actually an old fan of Soul Calibur, I used to play Soul Calibur 1 in the arcade when I was a wee lad, and my main man was Nightmare. I went on to Siegfried and so forth, however I want to be better at the game. I want to fight people and have criticisms about my Siegfried (And I'm still trying to find a 2ndary character I want to get really good at, it's so far a toss up between Amy and Cervantes. I want to use Hilde but alas...the banning...). I want anyone who wants a good fight to add me, please! Round 1, Start!

PSN: Rabbaner

Hi, I'm actually an old fan of Soul Calibur, I used to play Soul Calibur 1 in the arcade when I was a wee lad, and my main man was Nightmare. I went on to Siegfried and so forth, however I want to be better at the game. I want to fight people and have criticisms about my Siegfried (And I'm still trying to find a 2ndary character I want to get really good at, it's so far a toss up between Amy and Cervantes. I want to use Hilde but alas...the banning...). I want anyone who wants a good fight to add me, please! Round 1, Start!

Welcome to 8wayrun!
I main Siegfried myself so I'm more than happy to help you out where I can. I'll add you on PSN in the morning and stuffs.
In the meantime you can find our super pro SA in my signiture, any questions you may have are welcome there.
Whereabouts do you live btw?

Nice to meet you man! I'll add you soon! I'm not the most pro SC fighter out there, but I'm sure I can throw a couple of tips and advice your way!

Oh wow, to be honest I'm surprised people replied to my post so soon! I'll be online in a while for a few hours, I hope to meet some of you online!

Nice to meet you man! I'll add you soon! I'm not the most pro SC fighter out there, but I'm sure I can throw a couple of tips and advice your way!
Awesome, I'll be sure to look for you. I'm curious though, who do you use? I need to prep myself for the butt kicking I may have to endure.

Welcome to 8wayrun!
I main Siegfried myself so I'm more than happy to help you out where I can. I'll add you on PSN in the morning and stuffs.
In the meantime you can find our super pro SA in my signiture, any questions you may have are welcome there.
Whereabouts do you live btw?
I live in Ontario, Canada. And you said I could ask you questions, so I have to ask two things about Siegfried: What in God's name is the point of B4? I have yet to find a real practical use for it, even in combos when I can use other moves for better results. Also, does Siggy have any Just inputs aside from B4? I have yet to find any more.

Hoping to see y'all online one time or another!

You're in luck: Slayer_X64 lives in Alberta and is on PSN - he is the theory fighting king among Siegfrieds here, lol.

As for your questions

B4 is a great move IMHO:
You can alter the speed of this move by changing the speed of your 4. eg. B<4 is fast wheras B:4 is slow. Both do heavy SG damage, B:4 gives good advantage on block, B<4 is neutral. KND on hit with fierce wakeup (by Siegfried's standards, lol), tracks to one side against grounded opponents. One of Siegfrieds better mids if you ask me - its weakness is that it can be stepped or GI'd on reaction, but if the opponent does not then its a pain in the ass to deal with. Unless I have good reason not to, I'd abuse it all day tbh, though I mostly use it on wakeup.
Siegfried does have one other JF move: ag:A (fastest possible input) - I talk about this move in detail in my Siegfried guide but suffice it to say that it is arguably his best attack.

Well I'm in London Ontario and there are players in Toronto (heart of the Canadian scene), Waterloo, and a few other places throughout the southwestern part of the province. There's also Buffalo, NY which has a few players. That should be pretty close to you as well.

If you are ever interested in playing offline with some of us hit these threads up:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/toronto-the-race-to-10-000-mountain.7181/
http://8wayrun.com/threads/london-ontario-canada-land-of-bieber-south-western-ontario.6664/

See ya around!

Oh wow, to be honest I'm surprised people replied to my post so soon! I'll be online in a while for a few hours, I hope to meet some of you online!

Awesome, I'll be sure to look for you. I'm curious though, who do you use? I need to prep myself for the butt kicking I may have to endure.

I live in Ontario, Canada. And you said I could ask you questions, so I have to ask two things about Siegfried: What in God's name is the point of B4? I have yet to find a real practical use for it, even in combos when I can use other moves for better results. Also, does Siggy have any Just inputs aside from B4? I have yet to find any more.

Hoping to see y'all online one time or another!
Lol. I use Talim, Yoshi and Nightmare, but I'm learning Mi-Na in the process of using these 3.

Hi Rabban! Welcome to 8wayrun.com I'm one of the moderators of the Newcomer section. Senzait is the other. My purpose here is to help you find your place in our large community and answer any questions you may have while browsing our forum.

I want to congratulate you on your desire to become a better player. You've definately come to the right place! The first step you'll want to take is to familiarize yourself with the many acronyms, abbreviations, and move inputs you'll see while browsing here. One of our esteemed members has made that pretty easy for you to do. Refer to this post for the video and literature explaining the many things you'll need to become an efficent student here:
8WR general Directory and Offline Matchfinder Reception
(this thread, imo, is the most valuable on the forums)

When you feel confident enough in your understanding of this information to proceed to the next step, feel free to start reading your specific characters' Soul Arena's to learn their particular strategies, combos, frame data, and ect... I've taken the liberty of linking you to the characters you've listed here:

Siegfried

Nightmare

Amy

Cervantes

and I'll throw Hilde in there too. She may be banned in tournaments, but you can still have fun with her in offline casual matches and online. Feel free to ask any character specific questions in these sections.

I also noticed that you play online as well. We have a forum dedicated specifically to the online mode of the game.
Online Mode: Extreme SoulCaliburrr!
Since SC4 is practically a different game entirely when playing online, (input lag and latency change from person to person so developing a particular strategy while playing online may not trasnfer over well when you play offline) you may want to do a seperate introduction here: PSN/XBL Player List/Database. Tell Partisan, HRD, and Static I said hi! They are the moderators for that forum.

Anywho, it looks like you've already met Partisan. It also looks like you two live near each other too. That's awesome! You should deifnately check out that offlince scene if you've got the time. They are a great bunch of people and you'd be welcome anytime. They are also quite good at the game and I'm sure you'd learn a thing or two, or maybe even teach them something!

Well it seems like that's all I can do for you right now. Again, if you have any questions or need help with any the stuff you see around here, just ask me in a PM or use this thread, and myself, Senzait, or one of our helpful members will point you in the right direction. Welcome!

I'm so glad my post generated so many responses. As soon as I have some time tonight I'm going to do a lot of adding to my friend list for Soul Calibur, and I'll be able to make it to Toronto Tournament most likely so I hope to meet a bunch of you there! I'll probably be playing Soul Cal in about 3 hours from now, maybe I'll see some of y'all!

hey rabban....welcome. we are always excited to see new enthusiastic members here.

You lucky dog you. You live in Canada, right in the heart of a really hot offline community. Some of the best players are there, at your disposal. I see Partisan has made his presence known, and rightfully so. He's a great guy and can help you tremndously with your game. I highly suggest you take advantage of the offline scene where you are. The information you will gather will become priceless to you over time!

Partisan, Static and I are the online moderators. If you have any questions, comments or anything, feel free to get a hold of one of us and we will help you as best we can.

Good luck with your game and I really hope your stay here proves invaluable!

HRD

Back