Help vote to get SC4 consideration for CGS '09!!

Just so you all know, your pay should you get drafted will most likely not exceed 24,000; and due to contract constraints, you are no in way guarenteed full pay. Additionally, you will be on-call and unable to hold down an additional full time job. In other words, unless you're a college student or something; you can't even think about this. That will rule out a lot of top players, I imagine, as well.

Regardless, it would be fun if you can swing it. However, consider your future, as well. I've known people to do extremely immature and foolish things for this.

Lastly, I've worked with CGS staff (mostly marketing) directly on many concerns, as a concerned party; and had many discussions. Their whole business model fails on fundamental levels in many areas. Don't bank on CGS.

LOL @ "master is garbage" thread tag :)

10427cf4.jpg

...Try and show that our community is much larger and events more well attended, which in turn would generate increased interest over the current DOA league.
Someone mention SB3 and how SC4 had 80+ people show up and how DOA4 had 9.

Also, SC4 has boobs too.

HolyForce, adding SC4 in the end, can ONLY HELP both parties. That's all we're doing here.

I think that the reason they keep saying "hold out for SF4" is just to buy them one more season if you ask me. If the talk was about changing to SF4 they would have something bad to say about it.

I have no idea why anyone would think DOA4 is more entertaining visually. Every other move in SCIV is like a MK fatality or something. DOA4 is just a bunch of pitter-pattering. They do have the cool stages going for them, but that's it. I actually think it's one of the most visually BORING fighting games.

Am I wrong about the DOA4 pitter-patter?

HolyForce, adding SC4 in the end, can ONLY HELP both parties. . . .

Agreed. My comment was forwarning to anyone who looks at CGS like its fortune and fame just because the winning purse is larger than a couple hundred bucks.

CGS is fun; but it's nothing more than a low-paying glorified tournament. I don't want to see anyone else do something stupid over geek ego or false impression. Naturally, I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their life; just drop my experienced two cents.

I'm not ignorant to all that is DOA4. It's clear SC4 is the better choice, by leagues and bounds. The problem is: The CGS staff is stupid. In fact, it's been verified that many person of authority in CGS actually consult the players and/or media crew for final decisions on key business decisions. While this doesn't sound like an entirely horrid idea, you must weigh in the bias and lack of business merit.

that is some big discussion on there lol master afraid to lose in doa so he constantly plays doa they dont understand soul calibur has more votes i love doa but after a while all the guessing and crap wont be much guessing i see so many people use the same tactics its not really that much fun to me anymore. Find it much more better to play offline in vs. than online. Most people that play doa are afraid to either counter,attack, or throw offensive holds. So yea soul calibur maybe be a bit slower than doa but i find it much more interesting and funner to play just because in doa its pretty much 60% guessing.

how could anyone say DOA4 is better than SC4? OMG lol i cant stand people that the only fighting game they ever played was DOA4 so now they think no other fighting games ever exsisted or could be better in anyway....

DOA is so scrubby.... Everyone has counters, it looks like crap... I cant even type anymore... whatever

I voted SC4 of course.... I wish i could talk on those forums so I could tell half those guys they are idiots

end rant.

Yeah keep that here, that's exactly the kind of post we DON'T need over there.

lol damn Chach seems to be breaking the "no talk about DOA being trash" rule already, guess it had to be said eventually. I guess open the gates guys, give 'em the internets!

OMG this is crazy. But do you think they would do it? 'Cause SC is a hard game t ocall when your watching it. The guys don't know the game like we do. What should we do? Also they might have soem bullshit rules. But it in the air for me.

OMG this is crazy. But do you think they would do it? 'Cause SC is a hard game t ocall when your watching it. The guys don't know the game like we do. What should we do? Also they might have soem bullshit rules. But it in the air for me.
as long as you dont have to guess 60% of the time im cool with it doa you can get use to in about 1 month or so

Just so you all know, your pay should you get drafted will most likely not exceed 24,000; and due to contract constraints, you are no in way guarenteed full pay. Additionally, you will be on-call and unable to hold down an additional full time job. In other words, unless you're a college student or something; you can't even think about this. That will rule out a lot of top players, I imagine, as well.

Regardless, it would be fun if you can swing it. However, consider your future, as well. I've known people to do extremely immature and foolish things for this.

Lastly, I've worked with CGS staff (mostly marketing) directly on many concerns, as a concerned party; and had many discussions. Their whole business model fails on fundamental levels in many areas. Don't bank on CGS.

LOL @ "master is garbage" thread tag :)

This post is so full of incorrect info, I don't know where to begin.

Firstly, assuming SC4 is picked up (for the sake of this post), any newly drafted SC player would get contracted for roughly $18k. They would get that entire amount unless they are removed from a team or the following draft (2010) comes in less than a year.

Secondly, you're not "on call". During the off season only a handful of CGS players are asked to do anything CGS-related and even then, not only are you paid for your assistance, but you can always say no. Many CGS players have a second job.

Who in marketing department did you talk to? There are really only two people I can think of that would have any kind of foothold in CGS marketing, and I highly doubt you've talked to either of them.

I'd also like to know who it is you think the CGS is talking to from the gaming community. I'd be willing to guess you're info on that is incorrect as well.

More on topic... there's a chance SC4 will be in the league next season, but in all honesty, the thread on the CGS forums won't have any kind of impact on that decision. I'd even go as far as to say that the people who have a direct impact on that decision won't even read that thread.

DrDogg you seem adamant about not wanting us to post in that thread, by trying to convince us it's no use. Smells fishy to me...(only cuz you keep posting it even though we don't care)

What harm is it in us airing our opinion? Even on the off chance my opinion will be heard by anyone that matters, is more than enough reason for me to post, plus I love letting the DOA players know they are on notice, adapt to a new game or die and even if you adapt, I'm taking your roster spot anyways:)

go SC4!

cha cha

What does it take to be a cgs player anyway? Does being a great player even matter in the long run, or do they just go after people with 'the look'?

What does it take to be a cgs player anyway? Does being a great player even matter in the long run, or do they just go after people with 'the look'?

You need to be a great player if your a guy. If you are a girl you can be a mediocre player if you are homely, and downright garbage as a player if you are kinda cute.

DrDogg you seem adamant about not wanting us to post in that thread, by trying to convince us it's no use. Smells fishy to me...(only cuz you keep posting it even though we don't care)

He already wrote his "DOA has combos, SC does not" article explaining why SC is TV poison. Case closed.

Back