Hidden Just frames or Moves not listed.

I noticed it in training when performing 3B 8A+B DC KB:B and the DC KB:B would change if the opponent happened to get behind? Caught me by surprise when it happened, had no idea.
If you think you were surprised, imagine my surprise when I teleported Algol behind someone doing a DC K and lost the match.

Wow I just came back and people actually posted on this. I actually thought this thread was going to get deleted. Anyways I was also told about the 8A+B I'm trying that now. I didn't know abuot the 4K,K BT:B+K though. I would love to see a video of the 8A+B, JF iGDR... I can't figure out how fast I need to input it etc... I can do iGDR 100% no joke... But I can't do this thing...

correction:... I did it once and it was the 2nd stance one -_-

I think you need to start imputing iGDR right before Cervantes lands on the ground so that you hit 4+B at the same time he lands. Too bad the damage of the iGDR is severely dampened. So the overall damage output of the combo is weak and not worth it imo.

Edit: Doc has the correct notation. He posted it in the GI thread.

Wait..... so is 44A+B>8A+B>IGDR a viable and more damaging combo than 44A+B>IGDR>B2?????

They can air control after 8A+B.

Right I realized I can use A+B+K to try and get that 4K,K:BT B+K and it actually works. Messing it up won't give you the B+K GI, instead you do nothing, so that is good and practical.

Right I realized I can use A+B+K to try and get that 4K,K:BT B+K and it actually works. Messing it up won't give you the B+K GI, instead you do nothing, so that is good and practical.
How the heck does this work? You do the 4K,K and then just mash the hell out of A+B+K?

I was just dicking around in practice mode thinking it was gonna be super hard. I got lucky and found it on the first try. After you figure it out, it's really easy. Just take a look at the :3::K: kick. He kicks backwards right? Look at the motion between his leg being straight out for the back kick and and his putting his leg back on the ground after the kick. Input :B+K: after the back kick when his leg his half way back to the ground after the back kick. Same thing for :4::K::K: because it's the same kick anyway.

Another way is with the B+K+G like with the 1B+K cancel. Unlike that one however you can't just mash it out whenever. I find if I start to mash it right after the kick connects then it does it quite consistently.

Whenever I play Cervantes in Legendary Souls, I often see him break out what looks like an instant Tornado Swell, chaining 3 of them into a combo. Is it possible to do that of the version if the move? If so, is it the same input as SC4, or is it something different?

Whenever I play Cervantes in Legendary Souls, I often see him break out what looks like an instant Tornado Swell, chaining 3 of them into a combo. Is it possible to do that of the version if the move? If so, is it the same input as SC4, or is it something different?

Erm, you mean you see him perform a iGDR then 2 Tornado swells? That is Just iGDR x3. iGDR changes into tornado swell against airborne opponents. You can perform Tornado swell in this game with WR B+K, its very powerful with doing 77 Damage+ clean hit chance, but be warned that move is hella unsafe at-58 on block, and if you can do it, WR B>iGDR>aB is a safer alternative and does 80 DAM.

Erm, you mean you see him perform a iGDR then 2 Tornado swells? That is Just iGDR x3. iGDR changes into tornado swell against airborne opponents. You can perform Tornado swell in this game with WR B+K, its very powerful with doing 77 Damage+ clean hit chance, but be warned that move is hella unsafe at-58 on block, and if you can do it, WR B>iGDR>aB is a safer alternative and does 80 DAM.
Ahh, so if the opponent's in the air, the iGDR becomes an instant Tornado Swell. Interesting. I wonder, though, how viable the iGDR is in a live match

Ahh, so if the opponent's in the air, the iGDR becomes an instant Tornado Swell. Interesting. I wonder, though, how viable the iGDR is in a live match

Well, considering it is the best i17 punisher in the game by far, its just how consistently you can do it. It is horrible when you mess up, since DC B is -14 on block and iGDR is -21 while leaving you back turned, so you've got to make it count.

Well, considering it is the best i17 punisher in the game by far, its just how consistently you can do it. It is horrible when you mess up, since DC B is -14 on block and iGDR is -21 while leaving you back turned, so you've got to make it count.
Consistency in your iGDR input doesn't really matter, you have to be able to accurately judge the blockstun for any frame-tight punish with it, which just isn't practical.

DC B is -16 also.

For situations where the timing is consistent, like in combos or after bA aGI, it's the best.

Can anyone tell me how to do his stance while facing away. I have seen people this used to bait out the reverse gunshot. I have tried all sorts of inputs but just can't seem to get the stance to come out while facing away.

Can anyone tell me how to do his stance while facing away. I have seen people this used to bait out the reverse gunshot. I have tried all sorts of inputs but just can't seem to get the stance to come out while facing away.

Do people actually do this consistently? Or is just in the weird situations where Cervy ends up in DC while back turned?

You can't do the stance from BT. The opponent has to step around you when you do it from front turned.

Back