High/Low Ground spammers

The only problem I have with mid/low mixup online is that I can't duck the lows on reaction.
Sophie 1AA does 61 damage and you can't duck it reactivley online at all, GG?

Reasons like that why online is you know, kind of stupid.

I block it all the time... I got lows that do alot more than 61 damage ;)
You may think you cant block it but if its 4 bar or above u should be able to or you just couldnt block it in the first place...

You may think you cant block it but if its 4 bar or above u should be able to or you just couldnt block it in the first place...

4 bars suck, 5 bars suck, end of discussion.

Well, you can't. I play offline against a Xianghua and I can block perfectly her basic poke that hits down too. I go online, I block the first, I try to block the second, I get hit.

Same with Sophitia's AK.

Well, you can't. I play offline against a Xianghua and I can block perfectly her basic poke that hits down too. I go online, I block the first, I try to block the second, I get hit.

Same with Sophitia's AK.

You can BLOCK IT shit.... nuff said! if you can move without glitching around but move smoothly across the map then you can block lows... if you run glitchy then yes it will still be hard but you can STILL do it....

You can BLOCK IT shit.... nuff said! if you can move without glitching around but move smoothly across the map then you can block lows... if you run glitchy then yes it will still be hard but you can STILL do it....

I'm glad you live in the land of no lag... Just cause you can walk smoothly doesn't mean there is no lag. Input delay does exist.

If input delay > visual warning or windup to a move = impossible to guard on reaction.

Going into low block and noticing that 1A is coming out and you will block it does not equal blocking it on reaction.
Accidentaly guessing right with a low block does not equal on reaction.
Dealing with 1A on reaction means that you look at the screen and see them start the animation of 1A and then react to that by going into low block/gi/tech jump.
This is not possible online, I'm sorry but you're living under a veil of lies.

Going into low block and noticing that 1A is coming out and you will block it does not equal blocking it on reaction.
Accidentaly guessing right with a low block does not equal on reaction.
Dealing with 1A on reaction means that you look at the screen and see them start the animation of 1A and then react to that by going into low block/gi/tech jump.
This is not possible online, I'm sorry but you're living under a veil of lies.

Ok buddy, you pick soph invite me in and i'll show you i can block whatever lows you throw at me...

I play high level sophs online all the time, and her lows ARE HARD to block but it can be done... you guys are acting like if she starts throwing out lows its just game over... when it isnt....

At first online was frustrating to me cause i too thought shit its just impossible to block those lows but eventually your reaction time becomes almost psychic and you can see those lows coming and well you do block them....

All of you that are crying about sophys lows probably get raped by sigs lows, astas lows, and mitsu's lows as well....

Well learn to block them online... yea yea i live in the land of no lag... wrong when its laggy i can still block lows... not every time but i still do.... I play with OOFMATIC and his room and they are always doing low high mid mixups and i block the lows there no problem... so yea it must just be you guys couldnt block them in the first place... like i said...

If you see those lows before they happen, it's not reaction.

I know it's semantics, but the discussion should be about one exact thing, not the whole block low thingy.

We are not crying (...) because we can't block lows. We cry (...) because we can't block lows on reaction.

and i'm saying you can.... WTF you think i block every low with a guess??? no I block them on reaction... .just like every guy that trys to spam mitsus 1A or astas 1AA or sigs WS AA i block most of them if i see them.... some slip through of course... but you can block them on reaction its just a faster reaction then your used to.... trust me in japan at the arcades i learned to do everything on reaction so online was a BIG jump for me but you will either adapt or keep crying....

Whatever.
With 4 bars it's not possible unless I'm guessing it. Then it's not reaction anymore. I can block lows on reaction when I play offline. Then I hop online and I can't. Shocking, isn't it ?

Actually, it could be tested by maths, because 4 bars is around 150ms (probably bit higher). That's 0,15 seconds, so if 1 second is 60 frames, 0,15 seconds is 9 frames. That means that, without taking into account human reaction, I could block on reaction moves that take 10 or more frames. If we move into 200ms, that's 12 frames delay already.

if you cant block lows with 4 bars you just arent that good.... sorry pimpin ;) come into my room sometime and watch us play... we block lows all day.... it is possible... but not possible if you just lay down and give up as i can see you've already done...

I can block lows. I can't block lows on reaction that come from stuff like Amy's a,b or Xianghua's 6b,b online.
Read my edit above.

I can block lows. I can't block lows on reaction that come from stuff like Amy's a,b or Xianghua's 6b,b online.
Read my edit above.

All i'm saying is you can block lows on reacion on a 4 bar connection.... I do it all the time... I'm telling you it is possible, go Play OOFMATIC throw some lows at him, and see how many he blocks... then get back with me....

Your also from spain so i have no idea what kind of connections even a 4 bar looks like there, so i never did take that into account, but 4 bars here you can block on reaction... granted its a fast one but it can be done....

Anytime.

I will pick Amy or Xianghua and let's see how many lows are blocked on reaction.

I thinks these are the points everyone is trying to make:

1)It's possible to block low mixup on reaction with no lag.

2)There is a level of lag in which reaction windows are narrowed due to increased input delay. This makes reacting to mixup much more difficult, but not impossible.

3)There is also a level of lag that makes it impossible to block mixup on reaction. This means the input delay due to lag is greater than the visual cues on what to block, thus making it physically/mathmatically/very impossible to block on reaction.

This level of lag is based on windup/visual cue times for various moves. But just saying '4 bars' is a very poor measurement system, beacuse I'd be willing to bet that it is a flexible unit. Hopefully that sums up everyone's thoughts. :/

Anytime.

I will pick Amy or Xianghua and let's see how many lows are blocked on reaction.

Well your in spain so It'd probably be yellow bar.... I wouldnt advise playing but I'll invite you in and we can see how it is...

and yes the above comment summed it up nicely.... I understand there are games where it actually is almost impossible to block lows on reaction, but most of the time on 4 bars this is not the case... 5 bars.. def not...

and yes the above comment summed it up nicely.... I understand there are games where it actually is almost impossible to block lows on reaction, but most of the time on 4 bars this is not the case... 5 bars.. def not...

Ah, yes, but there are games where it is impossible to block mixup on reaction. ususally i have found that the lag I experience is not that but, but I have had games when I saw something coming, input the commands to react, but then my character just stood there and took it in the face (or ankles or whatever...)

Ah, yes, but there are games where it is impossible to block mixup on reaction. ususally i have found that the lag I experience is not that but, but I have had games when I saw something coming, input the commands to react, but then my character just stood there and took it in the face (or ankles or whatever...)

Yes we've all had them.... I was just stating that on a 4 bar connection or 5 bar you should be able to block them on reaction... Unless it says 4 bars but really its like a 3, other than that you should be good to go ;)

Remember sometimes you dont need to block them... You could jump them, interrupt them, teleport, whatever gimmicks your character has to get around them too... these would be hard with lag as well but maybe it would work better than trying to block them...

Back