Hilde charge attacks

Jager13

Fifth Sun
Soul Calibur noob here I was wondering if someone could help out with her charge attacks like how best to use them and when.

Well, I'm still getting used to them, so I only use them in an active way, I mean, only after certain setups, not when I'm getting hit or evading/blocking.

I charge B when I use :
-99_33K, then I do 3B,A and when they are waking up, unleash B.
-When I use the B+G throw.
-When crouching, for WS C1 B,B.

I charge A when I use :
-99_33K A+B, then A+G throw, then it's either 1K,K or C2 A,A.
-Anytime I use the A+G throw.
-When I'm getting thrown.
-When using 6B,B,B, although I don't have a chance to use it often after that.
-When I'm poking with kicks (not often).
-With 2A+B,K, so I can mix it with some other moves.

I'm slowly adding them to some other setups, so I got more options after each move.

I stun many people with 99_33K and I got enough time to go for A+B, which even blocked, has me with advantadge.

I use C2 and C3 A for keepout and pressure while I use her C2 and C3 B for whiffpunishment and throwing out when I expect them to release block due to moving/attacking/something else.
C2 A is plus 3 on block and has a long animation so you can charge up a new C2 A meanwhile thus forcing the same guess on the opponent again, you'll also have your C3 B ready if you were charging that to begin with.

C2 A and WS C2 A auto-GI's high and mid horizontals while C3 A auto-GI's all highs and mids, and does so during a larger window I think than C2 A does. C2 A Auto-GI's high kicks but not mids, while C3 A tech crouches under highs so it doesn't have to GI it.

C3 B has several combos that lead to ring out far away from the ledge, they should be listed in the combo section I imagine, so that's the main thing she wants to land as landing one single C3 B could win her the round.

Edit: Never mind there was no combo section, I'll put something together later on then.

SkatanMilla, I'd like to play against you one evening (We are 4000km away, shouldn't be too bad...I hope) and see how you perform with charges. I think I could learn a lot.

Are you playing on a pad? If the answer is yes, how you got your buttons mapped? Because I've been adding charges (brutally forcing them in, so I get used) and I got the left trigger set for 'A', but the way I play, with my right hand over the face buttons, doesn't allow me to use the right trigger to charge Bs there.

I've had some success today using charges against a friend (offline gaming), although I need to test three things tomorrow :
-6A+K reseted my 'A' charge.
-I couldn't perform the 64B+G throw while charging A. She did the normal B+G throw.
-C3 A can whiff after GIing. It happened today against Raphael, and I want to see if I can reproduce it.

I wasn't outranged. My weapon passed across Raphael and nothing.

6A+K does not interfere with B charges (I was probably messing up something) but charging A does indeed interfere with 64B+G. That throw doesn't work if you are charging A.

I'd say that's a quite bad glitch.

Cirex: Charges aren't as powerful online because you won't be able to land the C3 B, 44K, C2 BB, C3 A, C2 BB, C2 AA combo online consistently, if at all.
I've pulled it off once, not like I've tried that many times either but still, I can imagine it being really difficult with the delay. The only "good" thing about online is that chances are very slim someone will GI your onslaught of C2 A and C3 A's.

But charges aren't only about that one combo.

I played 30 more games. I used C2/3 A very agressively with interesting results. It seems C2 and C3 got different GIing properties...

Can someone test that charging A "breaks" the 64B+G throw before I submit it as a bug? PS3 users if possible, just in case.

Cirex: Charges aren't as powerful online because you won't be able to land the C3 B, 44K, C2 BB, C3 A, C2 BB, C2 AA combo online consistently, if at all.
I've pulled it off once, not like I've tried that many times either but still, I can imagine it being really difficult with the delay. The only "good" thing about online is that chances are very slim someone will GI your onslaught of C2 A and C3 A's.

I've been playing online these past few days trying to force myself to learn how to deal with up close attacks from fast characters. Funny enough not only am I learning how to use all of her good up close attacks, I'm using noobs to practice that very combo. Offline I have been able to do it very consistently, online not so much... but I'm getting better with it. Even online the repetition is really helping me cement that string of charges to instinct. I think it's something everyone should really learn.

Anyway on to the original post, one thing that I don't see mentioned is charging after doing 66A, 44A, and 22_88AA. normally I start charging A, but sometimes I'll charge B or both.

I've been testing C3 A GIing properties against vertical attacks. It doesn't work against any "thrusting" move or similar, but it works against natural verticals (up->down, down->up). I got to test it against some other kind of attacks (flying attacks, grounded attacks, etc.)

It doesn't work against kicks or punches neither.

hold B for 3 seconds then release, or do you mean something else?

Ok I'm retarded and thought you meant charge (for any amount of seconds) then release b while immediately hitting the 3 directional.

Is there a sticky on the notations that I'm missing

well its probably my bad for writing it out as "C3B" there really should be a space so its "C3 B" but anyways as far as hilde goes i think all that matters is "C1~3" and then A or B then there are the crouching versions wich are usualy " FC C1~3".

I still cannot get this move to come out, I've seen it a total of one times. I feel like such a noob here with this new buffer system. Going from hitting shit like paul's JF in T4 with no problem and most of T5s JFs with no issue and then having trouble doing non JF moves, constantly, in SC4 is embarrassing.

Back