Hilde Combo discussion

Pretty sure c2b loop isnt infinite, this is my the theory. Depending on the 1st attack you hit with is how many c2b you can loop. If you start with c2b you can get the most. Now i need some feedback guys when i start with 22_88 B i always max out at 6 c2bs. The 6th 2cb is perfect height and timming and they fall out of it, but still get hit two times.

So the question i have is anyone getting over 6 c2b after 22_88 B?

combo 22_88 B-c2b-c2b-c2b-c2b-c2b-c2b 14 hits 132 damage

I got C2B loop to do %80-ish then I got a weird launch that left them infront of me...but I didn't adjust and didn't B+K in time

I've managed to hit 100% in training mode but its far too inconsistent. The combo from what I can see is 'CAMERA' specific. oh too often will something completely whiff right after the camera does that weird thing where it tries to adjust and gets erratic.

Actually a lot of Hilde's things seem to whiff based on that camera change - I've had CE whiff point blank as a punisher cause of it.

Say it isn't so! Has anyone noticed that CH 1 kk will knockdown if the first k misses? I'm trying to find a followup to it but a having trouble

So how is everyone doing these C2B relaunches so easily? I find the timing extremely tight and find hitting with the 3B-be even harder. Is there a trick that I'm missing?

i got the timing better with an arcade controller. My thumbs are too slow lol

the guard turn is pretty much at the end of her c2b animation, though you have to anticipate. Any delay and... whiff. As soon as your guard releases (release fast!) you let go of your c2b.

I have thought of a possibility to hold guard down as soon as you're in the c2b animation so that the release of G at the end of the animation could replace a "tap" of the button. Idk if that works, but it could cut down on reaction time if it did.

Oh, and it's almost impossible without a counter hit to start off the combo. It makes them fly higher.
C2B after 22_88B functions as a stun counter. 22_88B is probably the easiest starter for the loop, albeit an impractical one.

I just picked up Hilde the other day been having a blast btw.

But as for this combo i wasnt aware of it, i heard she got a potential death loop but wasnt sure what the moves were to do it.

I got to say even if you cant loop it until they die being able to do it for roughly 50% of their life without meter is still incredibly good. To my knowledge only a couple of characters can do that.

Edit: It looks like the only way the second hit of c2B will connect is if you do so at the earliest moment, the opponent has to get launched so their model is in the face down position to ensure they get launched high enough. At least that's how i know it will work, it's just a mixture of ideal back turn speed and height.

I just picked up Hilde the other day been having a blast btw.

But as for this combo i wasnt aware of it, i heard she got a potential death loop but wasnt sure what the moves were to do it.

I got to say even if you cant loop it until they die being able to do it for roughly 50% of their life without meter is still incredibly good. To my knowledge only a couple of characters can do that.
Yeah, the loop is basically launcher > 22B over and over. Moves that can lead into it include C2B, 22B, 3B BE, 4KK (terrible move), and some others. You can use 3B BE to stabilize the loop to keep it going.

I figured I'd post a few new combos. Since that's what this thread's about and all. Btw, thx Slade for letting me know about 4kk into c2b. Had no idea.

These two can be led in by the moves mentioned by Slade above (including counter-hit [A+B] and 3[A]). They are nearly comparable to ending with C2B, G with C3A.
C2B, B+K, 2B (good if you struggle with the Guard turn)
C2B, G, 3B.A, 44K

The following are three other strings (not true combos) I use on the reg. These can be tech rolled out but hit a majority of opponents. The last two are true combos that were improved with patch.
Strings:
3B.A, 66A+B
4KK, 66A+B
4KK, 44K
Combos:
11A, 44K (won't work near wall)
A+B, W!, 44K (needs wall, lol)

Don't know about you guys but I'm finding that the infinity loop after 4KK extremely easy to hit.

4KK C2B C2B C2B C2B C2B...........

dammit, I was going to upload a video about that.
4KK is brutal if you land it since with only 1BE you can make it do 160-180 damage.

I'll post a video of stuff once I can setup my PS3 again which won't be till probably Sunday. But It should cover lots of unique combos and situational gameplay tips that should help people greatly.

If you want to throw a lethal mix up in there that uses meter, change the final C2B with C2A 4A A+G BE CE which if they don't break or duck the throw is 100% certain to kill. (In fact A+G BE W! 6K W! [A+B] C2A 4A into BE throw CE is exactly 240 damage.)

Back