Hilde Combo discussion

If you want to throw a lethal mix up in there that uses meter, change the final C2B with C2A 4A A+G BE CE which if they don't break or duck the throw is 100% certain to kill. (In fact A+G BE W! 6K W! [A+B] C2A 4A into BE throw CE is exactly 240 damage.)
That gave me an idea... :)
66B BE W! - C1A W! - [A+B] - C2A - 4A - A+G BE - CE
Exactly 240 damage.

Also, if it hasn't been posted yet:
66B BE W! - c1A W! - 3A - C2B - C3A - 1B
115 dmg

Last but not least, 66B CH 44K does more damage than 66B CH 66K
I apologize if these have already been discovered, I took a break from the boards for a while.

I've been desperately trying to find out the secret to landing the B+K attack throw to little avail. I've recorded a few successful attempts at it on my card; hopefully that will shed some light on the timing or distance this near-impossible feat needs.

Anyone feel like they can get it more than 1 time every 50 tries?

Ok, I think this attack throw is another stupid random effect Namco has put in the game. I miraculously got a successful attack throw during a record in training, but after multiple attempts, the free mode's AI can't even land the attack throw but once using my exact inputs.

pos

The throw is camera specific, as long as the camera is in the right position it will throw. Its one of the weird glitches in the game

More specifically, you have to hit them at a certain angle for it to work, and because of the way the camera changes targeting, often your air throw hit box doesn't connect with them.

The only way to make it reliable is when you can guarantee the camera change's final position. Mid screen this isn't possible to guarantee since the camera varies depending on how close to the wall you are. But if you get a wall splat combo and launch them, that's 100% guaranteed.
Record Hilde doing a combo with reset set at "Wall backwards". If you can get it to air throw, every time you reset and press play, you will always get a air throw. I've never had it consistent mid screen, but I can do it at the wall.

I was fiddeling aropund the the loop. (Which I didn't get to work but that's a different story)
But I found this. 22_88 B CB2 G CA3 CE.
The CE ukemi traps all directions for 188 damage. O.O
*Goes back to that damn loop!*

Yeah, Her CE is a universal Ukemi Trap. Works on every ukemi opportunity. Rub it in... No one ever listens to me ;;_____;;

do you think that going for the infite is a wise choose? i mean, i can get it like 1 out of 5 times, but my question exactly is: can you do it like 95% of the time with the enough practice or is it really inconsistent?

do you think that going for the infite is a wise choose? i mean, i can get it like 1 out of 5 times, but my question exactly is: can you do it like 95% of the time with the enough practice or is it really inconsistent?

Is not inconsistent, you just need a lot of practice and I really mean A LOT

Flat C2B loop is fairly consistent. You just have to know your starters, timings and stage position.
C2B BT K loop is inconsistent as hell but if you can pull it off till the end, you just pulled off a 220 damage, 150 gauge building 20 second combo of death that you can either end with a reset if they decide to stay down, or a C4A if they decide to get up.
Fat chance though. I can barely get past 4th loop in a real game.

Realised this goes here aha.

So i was watching some A1 hilde's replays and there was this one japanese guy, magnus00, who blew me away with one of his combos on a Nightmare. 22_88B Ch2B G 3B BE G Ch2B G 3B BE G Ch3A.
I immediately hit the lab and tried it in training but it seemed impossible to get the Ch2B G 3B BE unless it was a ukemi, the timing is too tight. I was wondering if anyone could help clear it up for me and tell me wether it's a legit combo or wether it is just a ukemi, or even if it's just Nightmares's hit-boxes. I tried to ask Magnus00 but he doesn't speak English haha. I suggest everyone looks at the replay, the combo is in the last round.

Your notation confused me until I realized Ch2B meant charge 2 B, not counter hit 2B, lol. For future reference, just use C2B.
The combo is quite doable, but yes timing is strict. This combo with the 3B BE, however, has easier timing than straight up C2B infinite combo. In my eyes this combo is only worth the meter if it wins the round, due to the meter/damage ratio, or if you want to easily get the opponent to the opposite side of where the combo would normally situate them.

Oh yeah sorry, I usually use the C2B formulae but I done goofed that time. And you're saying it's not worth it, yeah makes sense, but is the pseudo infinite really worth it, as it stands for me it's difficult to pull off with a big chance of whiffing followed by being punished. For how hard it is I'm not sure the damage is worth it or even the meter gain. I'm not sure if I'd just rather go for the guaranteed G C3A.

Yea, I 95% of the time just go for the bread and butter C2B C3A. This is despite me putting LITERALly more than a hundred training hours doing hilde combos.

I guess it's one of the things that not even muscle memory can help.

Plus if Namco do do another patch then you can say goodbye to the C2B loop, so it's probably not worth learning it perfect just to have it removed and burst a blood vessel.

I guess it's one of the things that not even muscle memory can help.

Plus if Namco do do another patch then you can say goodbye to the C2B loop, so it's probably not worth learning it perfect just to have it removed and burst a blood vessel.

I don't see any reason they would remove the loop. BTW i been doing 3b be loop since month one. And depending on your starter it is worth it. If you want to use hilde at a high level i suggest you start by learning this. The trick is you can buffer the 3b be. And i actually i am to the point where i can control the height where i hit with 3b be.

Buffer'ing 3b eb after c2b

Now you need to know a afew things, If you just do raw c2b(no counter hit) it is not possible to do c2b-g-3b be. You have to either practice this loop on counter hit or do this 22 88 b-c2b-g-3b be.

OK now to the good stuff, c2b(counter hit)-g- Now at this time you hold 3b(it buffers for a huge amount of time after you press G) When you see the 3b come out hit ABK, turing your 3b into 3b be. That is best advice i can give hope it helps.

Everything hilde does can be controlled with practice

Back