Hilde Combo discussion

Hello just joined the forum to post my combo, I think no one has posted it yet kind of hard to read all of these.

B (charge level 2) , backturn A, 4A, 4A, B+K

Just to be clear backturn A is just mashing A as the opponent is coming down. This is quite useful if you've got your back to the arena because you can get a ring out, also if you do the combo when you're not on the edge the B+K will go in to a throw animation where Hilde impales and slams them down like in the brave edge 3B~A+B+K

The timing on 4A, 4A needs a little precision.

EDIT: btw I've only tested this combo with size 5 (maximum height) Hilde, if you try it with normal Hilde you can only do one 4A, also it seems like its easier to activate the B+K throw animation if you're at size 5.

I actually wet my pants with excitement when I initially found these combos myself, I was doing:

C2B A 4A K 6AKB 1B for 10 hits...

Sadly it isn't a legit combo, it can be air countered at the initial hit that turns hilde after C2b. Its a shame as it can be mixed up with such a variety of juggles but this one is for fun in training only.

The trick to the 88B ~ C2B ~ 3B BE ~ C2B ~ 3B BE (and so on) is that after C2B press G exactly after the opponent is over Hilde's head, and wait for their head to almost hit the ground and do 3B BE. After that press G exactly after the opponent is over Hilde's head again and wait for their head hit the ground and do C2B. I know it's kind of redundant and it easier said than done, but I just wanted to shed a little light on the problem with this combo

I'll post this Just for you.

Haha thats epic!

Although I would say the last two hits are a bit risky. After the final 3B BE I wonder if it would be possibly to use A (in place of G) 4KK, I've started using this after the 88B C2B instead of finishing with C3A.

It doesn't always connect (could be my timing) but the 4KK tends to track if the combo is air cancelled and the seconds kick gives enough time for 66A+B to land as a follow up.

waitaminute

The thing about with C2B BT A 4A 4A B+K... that works to get the AT animation? I'm sure they can just air control away, though, ya?

waitaminute

The thing about with C2B BT A 4A 4A B+K... that works to get the AT animation? I'm sure they can just air control away, though, ya?

Yeah they can break the combo after A, 66B BE has the range to finish the combo after they air control away unless its to the sides and not backwards, in which case the last move of the BE misses.

I find A 4KK to be the safest bet, if you miss in the air you've already started the sweeping movement and online i've come across no one who has blocked this in about 700 fights.

Hm. That B+K landing is really bothering me. I'll be really confused if it works after that sloppy BT A 4A 4A, but OK....

As for people online not getting out of your combos..... they don't tech Poe's 66B, either, so that's not really a good metric. :P

Hm. That B+K landing is really bothering me. I'll be really confused if it works after that sloppy BT A 4A 4A, but OK....

As for people online not getting out of your combos..... they don't tech Poe's 66B, either, so that's not really a good metric. :P

Thats the point though, not claiming it to be a legit combo but online it works an absolute treat for now at least.

I bet, but since I hate online I don't think I'll ever use it, tnx anyways is really a good combo :)

why is that?

After doing 88B or A+B when I have meter my mind is set to turn around and do 3B BE ~ C2B and since both of those are both B commands my hand just sits and does nothing. Idk I have to reprogram my brain lmao, you get where I'm coming from?

After doing 88B or A+B when I have meter my mind is set to turn around and do 3B BE ~ C2B and since both of those are both B commands my hand just sits and does nothing. Idk I have to reprogram my brain lmao, you get where I'm coming from?
That happens to me every time, I have to reprogram my brain everytime I learn something new XD

I used to post alot on forums but i stoped because i dont like to fight. With that being said i was watching 8wayrun justin tv stream today and tiers where borught up. Like always someone said hilde is low tier. And i replied by saying i dont think so cause her combo potential. Eventully someone said what combo potential, so i typed what i will refer to as a possible new doom combo.

strongest version

8wayrun B- C2B-G-3B+abk -G-C2B-G-3B+abk-G-C2B-G-3B+abk-G-B+K-C2B

now at first when i typed the combo someone said " i dont think so" right away. Eventully this same guy said he went into practice mode and said that you can air control out of it. Every person i have fought has been hit by a good chunk of this combo. So i went into practice mode to test for myself, couldnt find air control feature... So i just recorded me holding all 4 ways and they could not air control out. I want a little closure TBH.

The reason why i only do 3 reps of C2B-3B+abk is cause on 4th rep the opponent falls out of 2nd hit of c2B instead of getting launched over my head.

Tricks to doing the combo

C2B has to hit right before they touch the ground or it wont relaunch

3B+abk-B+K, B+K has to hit right before they touch the ground to get animation

3B+abk has to hit at med or low level or 2nd hit whiffs

If this combo works i want it to be called the doom combo lol, if it doesnt work well i can admit to that stream monster that i was wrong. Cause tbh when he said "i dont think so" right away it angerd me and i went off on him :)

Back