Hilde Combo discussion

I was messing around with Hilde today in casuals and I did A+G BE → CE and tacked on a 44B for spacing purposes, and to my surprise it comboed. Doesn't work normally but the CE hits them when they're BT from A+G BE, so they crumple in a different way. I didn't test it extensively since I was just messing around with the character but it might be worth looking into for both of you Hilde mains out there.

HEY i tried to learn aeon but the best aoen doesnt like people using his character :) KAPPA

Ok im gona write a article about optimal wall combo's with hilde.

The key to mastering hildes combo's is the speed in which you press a button,release that same button, and then charge that button again. A lot of her easier combo's this doesnt really matter. But the super advanaced combo's you have to be releasing and charging again with lightning like speed. I use a xbox controller and have formed a callus on my finger where i charge the right trigger. So tbh i feel like using a joystick might be the better option. With that being said the bnb wall combo's i list need this type of speed.

C1a-w!-c1a-W!-A+B hold-c2b-g-c2b-g- ect ect (c2b loop)
This combo is great for alot of reasons. First of all c1a into c1a must be charged very quickly. But its good cause If you hit the wall off axis with the first c1a you have enough time to step to the right or left and realign with the wall before you do the 2nd c1a. Making hitting the wall off axis never a problem.

With hilde wall combo's i really see no reason to use any bar besides the grab BE. A+B hold counter hit is the easiest attack to c2b loop after besides the 2nd k in 4kk. So imo you should always go into A+B hold-c2b loop in wall combo's.

grab BE-W!-c1a-W!-A+B hold-c2b-g-c2b ectect(c2b loop)

Once again using c1a makes it so you can adjust your angle after the wall splat. making guaranteed double wall splat combo's possible.

Hilde has one really amazing RO combo that i dont see anyone doing in usa besides me. It will Ro people from FAR away.

22-88 B,counter hit A+B hold,66b be(counter hit) (afew other starters maybe)-c2b-g-3b be-g-c2a

Now the c2a at the end is very important. If you do c1a you only hit them half the distance you would if you hit with c2a. And the distance it launches them is half screen. Test it out, Before i quit i was starting to RO people with hilde alot.

Hi i have been testing the BK grab and I have found out that it must be specific timing, I went into training and set up Hilde on 2p. I recorded her doing this combo (when it eventually worked) 22-88B-C2B-G,BK-C2B-C3A, when i played back the recording she got it almost every time no matter how close or far away I was, which must mean that thats the perfect timing. what i think is its not random but the specific timing is so hard to get that its not reliable enough to use in combos, however if you try it it only does 5 or 6 less damage than the C3A so i think its worth the risk.

Hi i have been testing the BK grab and I have found out that it must be specific timing, I went into training and set up Hilde on 2p. I recorded her doing this combo (when it eventually worked) 22-88B-C2B-G,BK-C2B-C3A, when i played back the recording she got it almost every time no matter how close or far away I was, which must mean that thats the perfect timing. what i think is its not random but the specific timing is so hard to get that its not reliable enough to use in combos, however if you try it it only does 5 or 6 less damage than the C3A so i think its worth the risk.
can get it 7/10 times by watching the recording and remembering when she makes noises and says triumph at a certain time, maybey when i practice enough ill be able to get 9/10 but ill just have to see.

Fender, the hitbox for it is really weird. Try the recorded version and then have it counter hit when you're BT or side on. B+K will always activate if you hit the angle perfectly.

the hit box is very weird, but i think the reason they made it really hard to get is because it stops Hilde players from using that move constantly, us Hilde players could juggle the whole way through the match much easier if this hit every single time :D. just posting what i think is the best way to be able to try and learn the timing for it.

When i get a chance ill start testing this out too. Really at this point its better to just c2b raw loop. Or vs NM use the dreaded runis loop:)

When i get a chance ill start testing this out too. Really at this point its better to just c2b raw loop. Or vs NM use the dreaded runis loop:)
What I think to the c2b loop is online depending on the connection it can sometimes whiff so it is just as unpredictable as bk in a sense, if I'm playing online I usually mix up the 3bBE with the c2b loob makes it more stable but lately I have been doing bk because if I don't get it I'm only missing out on 4 or 5 damage but if I catch Then I can carry the combo on to do 110 - 119 dmg the full combo is 22b,c2b,g,bk,c2b,(start loop c2b) or c3a

all tested on pyrra
Did some wall combo testing tonight found out something interesting. I was at the level free imperial city center. It has 3 different types of walls. So i go over to the low wall to test out what combo's will hit people over the wall. And i noticed something. Hilde's c1a wont wall splat on this wall...... Other attacks will, just not c1a............ So i go over to the break able wall and c1a does wall splat. But it is difficult i want to say.......?

So i decide to change levels and go to another level. Sinking merchant ship. It has breakable low walls. I try to wall splat with c1a............ doesnt work............. I think c1a only work son certain walls as a wall splat.............

Some Ro combo's ( i forgot a lot of these just gona write them so i can have a refresher)

22b-2 a+b ( at edge)

A+B(hold) counter hit-3bb (at edge)

Break able wall ro's

66b be -3ba

6k-3ba

6k-c1a

66b be-c1a

low wall RO's

66b be- 3b be(the 3b be has to be fast or you will get animation on hildes 3b be, and if that happens you dont get ro)

6k-3b be( "")

I gota do some extensive tesing on what walls c1a can wall splat on.........project soul......

Picked NM went to the level house of valentine, go over to the low wall and hit Nm with c1a. It ro's him.............. go to another part of the wall, hit nm with c1a, wallsplats....

picked pyrra went to the level house of valentine, go over to low wall and hit pyrra with c1a. No wall splat.... go to another part of the wall, hit pyrra with c1a, wallsplats.....

So not only is it level specific, its character specific and can lead to some easy ro's.

Hilde 3b wall splat is also character and wall specific........

well after some testing seems 3b only wall splats on low or breakable walls. But seems to work the same with every character.

I just did c1a-W!- 22_88 b ............... its a distance thing i think. did it in match. This makes insanity combos possible......

OMG,,,,,, i will be doing these combo's........ the be grab one is really easy to c2b loop after for what ever reason. Who ever made that vid did alot of testing and actually found the most consistent combo's.........

He is missing the one im gona do though lol c1a-w!-c1a-W!- 22 _88b- loop

so i was playing some hilde mirror matches with the al set on very hard
and the al countered me with 6akb and then comboed afterwards with 66b BE i was amazed not sure if its legit though ive also noticed she can pressure you so well without using charges often
def need to step my game up with hilde and practice this !!

I miss Hilde and I need a secondary at least for casuals... time to give her another try. Hopefully understanding the system more after almost a year of playing will make this character make sense to me this time around.

Has anyone found a consistent way to do c2b loops? I saw the wall video but videos don't really tell the whole story. Last I remember trying c2b loops it seemed really inconsistent.

Has anyone found a consistent way to do c2b loops? I saw the wall video but videos don't really tell the whole story. Last I remember trying c2b loops it seemed really inconsistent.

I personally find my loops to be fairly consistent but I feel that is mostly due to simply doing them so much. I usualy play with a standard pad control layout, but with L1 as A for the BnBs, however since I managed to make my C2B loops more consistant I switched A and B around (B on Square, A on Triangle) so that I could press G (X) down with my thumb.

Not sure if this helped but it's how I do them.

Back