Hilde Combo discussion

I use stick so that isn't an issue, the main thing I noticed before was dealing with stage position. Depending on where you hit people on the stage they can end up closer to you or further away, I first noticed how drastic of a difference this could make with Hilde and later Viola (one part of a combo will completely whiff due to range issues, so you have to do a alternate once you get a feel for the stage weirdness).

After doing the loops for awhile It seemed easier to consistently do them (for me) during the wall combos or areas that "push" the character closer to you. Out in open stages I had a harder time. I still have plenty to retest but this is my experience so far.

Also f namco for nerfing 66b be. It's cool that you can hit confirm it but making the full combo only work on CH kind of sucks.

so i was playing some hilde mirror matches with the al set on very hard
and the al countered me with 6akb and then comboed afterwards with 66b BE i was amazed not sure if its legit though ive also noticed she can pressure you so well without using charges often
def need to step my game up with hilde and practice this !!

I cant stand fighting the AI cause it is psychic. It reads your inputs. Only real pressure hilde has without charge is kicks and 66k is easily steped if someone guesses it. Ill try out this combo though seems it could be good in afew situations. I bet you have to be by a wall to hit it. One thing thats cool about hitting with 66b be in juggle state is im pretty sure you get c2b tech trap that will catch ukemi any way.

Ill write a c2b loop article for you give me some time. I already wrote how to do it somewhere in here. But i could write a more detailed one now. Its totally 100% control able btw. There are afew factors though that you have to know when you are going for it.

(This is a repost of a post i made along time ago about how to c2b loop)
Ok so someone finally brought this up. The c2b whiffing after 22_88 b is BS. I think its a angle and a distance thing. Since 22_88 b is side stepping move you rarely hit dead straight on. Well some angles plus some distances make c2b whiff. The best solution i have found is to try to hit with 22_88 b straight on as much as possible. I complained about this a few weeks ago in a patches thread btw.
About the loop
Its harder on some character than others. One of the easiest is astaroth. One of the hardest is pyrra. With practice loop is always worth it. Its just vs characters like pyrra your c2b timing has to be dead on. I always use same method to do c2b loop. Some people i feel get lazy and try to juggle them at med height cause it works vs some characters. But the best way to c2b loop is
22_88 b-c2b-g-c2b(highest height)-g-c2b(lowest height)
Vs characters that are hard to loop you must use this pattern. Your missing the second c2b cause your not hitting at highest height.
EDIT: when i was still in learning stages of c2b loop i would use this variation of the loop vs hard to loop characters
22_88 b-c2b-g-3b be-g-c2b(lowest height)-g-c2b(highest height) repeat.
Hope this helps. Overall the most important thing to remember when using hilde is practice practice practice. She is one of the few character you can spend a good amount of training mode time on.
At this point when a possible patch could come and just erase the loop idk if its really worth learning.
(Another old post i made)
list of characters that cant be hit by 3b be-c2b-g-c2b

asty
nightmare
voldo
pyrrha
pyrrha omega
sieg

That makes sense, I noticed I was able to hit the 2nd much more consistently when I barely let go of B and pressed down right away. It was something I did to make old sc4 combos easier since there is a big difference between tapping b and just barely letting it register and pressing down again for the next charge.

That makes sense, I noticed I was able to hit the 2nd much more consistently when I barely let go of B and pressed down right away. It was something I did to make old sc4 combos easier since there is a big difference between tapping b and just barely letting it register and pressing down again for the next charge.

Yes i also wrote about that somewhere in here. Essentially its the most important thing. Unfortunate for me i use xbox pad so i have huge blister where my finger touches my right trigger lol. Remember that the more moves hildes hits the more buffer time you are gaining. So by the time you hit the 2nd c2b you should be letting go of charges and having them come out while you are charging again. Also when i go for the 2nd c2b i use the hold and let go G+B method. I hold G+B till i see hilde turn around and then let go and start next charge.

A huge factor why the 2nd c2b will whiff is the distance in front of your body the initial c2b throws them. Sometimes do to angle or range or even character they will be launched to close to your body to be hit by the 2nd c2b. I have done loop for so long that i can identify this situation and just end combo with c3a or extend it with 3b be. Just make sure that the timing you let go of the first two c2b's is the fastest possible time( both bufferd to c0me out frame one, its not that tough cause the buffer window is huge in this game)

Just in case you dont understand how you get more charge by buffering attacks ill show you a combo/tech trap that will make make more sense of it.

c2a-2A+B-c2a(tech trap)

If you wanted to do 2A+B-c2a tech trap it would be impossible because you would never gather enough charge time. But by putting that initial c2a in there you give your self enough time through pure buffers. Goodluck hope to see you looping :)

I get it, I played sc4 hilde a lot and some of her best stuff required buffering early.

After trying her out for awhile I just can't get into the character, it's not that she's bad it's just that her moves don't make sense as much as they use to. Power aside, the movelist just feels... wrong. No fc charges and c3a/c2b/c3b being punishable by isuperslow moves blows my mind still. Oh well, i'll play her in casuals sometimes just to test a few things out but I can't see myself using her as a secondary.

I get it, I played sc4 hilde a lot and some of her best stuff required buffering early.

After trying her out for awhile I just can't get into the character, it's not that she's bad it's just that her moves don't make sense as much as they use to. Power aside, the movelist just feels... wrong. No fc charges and c3a/c2b/c3b being punishable by isuperslow moves blows my mind still. Oh well, i'll play her in casuals sometimes just to test a few things out but I can't see myself using her as a secondary.

I feel project soul still made hilde really good(post patch). But they didnt want people to be able to just pick her up and own easily. She is a character that you main her and you main her alone. She has all the tools to fight top tiers. Its just she is unconventional.

sc4 compared to sc5

c3b = 22_88 b

c3a=3a or c2a(basicly a combo of both lol)

c2b= A+B hold,c3b

People are sleeping on her,but like i say why put tons of time in training mode when you can just use pyrra,mitsu or pat and own using basics alone. Even viola is pretty easy to use and combo with. I feel like hilde is the most technical character in the game easily.

She lacks a truly good mid, her wr options are bad and she whiffs all kinds of shit for no good reason. that said I agree she is a good character, just suffers from those issues + her best damage is like apat. Even worse if you drop your execution you can get punished really bad for it.

If she takes a major at some point I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

She lacks a truly good mid, her wr options are bad and she whiffs all kinds of shit for no good reason. that said I agree she is a good character, just suffers from those issues + her best damage is like apat. Even worse if you drop your execution you can get punished really bad for it.

If she takes a major at some point I wouldn't be surprised one bit.
66k i14 thats pretty good for a med. Its step'able yeah. But considering her power output she counters pretty well.

I feel like her weakness is the characters who are stupid hard to combo after 22b. I thought pyrra was the hardest but after playing snort me im dope in long set today im 100% sure viola is hardest character to combo after 22b. The c2b after 22b whiffs if you dont hit viola straight on with 22b. Its seriously best to just 22b-c1b or 22b -ce . Cant count how many times c2b whiffed then i ate death combo. Or just make sure that every 22b you land on viola is from wave dash so its straight dead on. Thats what i see japanese hilde doing to maximize combo's vs hard to combo characters.

I saw that win, I mean I think she has what it takes to win a major. Tournaments are cool but majors are the big tests.

i would consider that tournament in japan to be on the level of a major for sure. In japan i bet that was a major lol. It had 120+ people

Ok, secret tech for people I've been holding back.
CH [A+B]:
Ever notice that sometimes the C2B follow up kinda looks weird cause they stand up rather than getting launched lying down?
B+K is guaranteed whenever this happens and its a timing issue on the C2B after CH [A+B] .
I'll try get it recorded to show you guys but I can replicate it 100% in any stage/scenario.

Ok, secret tech for people I've been holding back.
CH [A+B]:
Ever notice that sometimes the C2B follow up kinda looks weird cause they stand up rather than getting launched lying down?
B+K is guaranteed whenever this happens and its a timing issue on the C2B after CH [A+B] .
I'll try get it recorded to show you guys but I can replicate it 100% in any stage/scenario.
cool ill check it out

From my notes to yours. The 44A stuff in particular is pretty amazing.

11A trades:
11A → 66A+B (57)
11A → CE (72)

3[A] throw trade
18f stun, gives
3[A] → AA (46)
3[A] → 1KK (51)
3[A] → C1B (55)
3[A] → C1A → 2B (59)
3[A] → 2A+B (59)
3[A] → CE (96)

44A trade with FC K
19 or 20f stun - either WR A or 4K is wrong in the wiki, as 4K combos but WR A does not
Most common setup: 2A on block into FC K
44A → 44A (48)
44A → WR B (52)
44A → Guaranteed throw attempt (81 for unbroken A+G, 76 for B+G, 166 for A+G BE into CE, 31 damage if any throw is broken)
44A → 6AKA (64)
44A → 66B BE → C1B (96)
44A → CE (122)

Back