Hilde General Info & Discussion

Hilde
Since childhood she trained in the royal fighting style wielding the traditional spear and sword, the symbol of the kingdom. After years of training, she soon became one of the best warrior of the realm and therefore the legitimate successor of the throne. :sc4hil1:
Creation Parts:
img_item_01.jpg
img_item_02.jpg
img_item_11.jpg
img_item_09.jpg
img_item_10.jpg
img_item_05.jpg

img_item_03.jpg
img_item_04.jpg
img_item_06.jpg
img_item_07.jpg
img_item_08.jpg

Weapons:
img_item_12.jpg
img_item_13.jpg
img_item_14.jpg
img_item_15.jpg

img_item_16.jpg
img_item_17.jpg
img_item_18.jpg

Previous Outfit: Crown Princess set

Last edited:
My guess (that is to say, my secret wish) is that it'll be the princess set (SCIV 2p). I also dream of us getting a proper helmet for her as a DLC part.
50% of my wish came true! :DDD We got the helmet!
Also thank you @LisaK for the above info~!!!

My color predictions for Hilde:

Hair
Cape
Armor
Outfit
--​
Blue​
Silver​
White​
Blonde​
Black​
Blue​
Purple​
--​
Yellow​
Brown​
Orange​

I love Hilde, but her SCVI gameplay seems too much different from her classic charge-based skills.

So some basic stuff...

Hilde Charge Inputs from the older games are there, but now there's only one charge level and through individual direction presses (neutral, forward or back), there is a secondary charge level for unblockables, but require an immense amount of hold time. The old charge combos from SC4 and SC5 are now normal inputs, from either 8WR or through simultaeneous button presses (old C3B is now 22BBA).

Secondly, Hilde now has a Regalia stock component similar to Cassandra's, but more limited to strings or follow-ups to certain charge attacks. There's a red one for A attacks and a blue one for B attacks.

Outside of that, Hilde remains functionally similar to SC5 self and like many returning heroes has a number of moves moved to new inputs or simplier inputs. Old 3BB and 3BA have been moved to WS BB or WS BA and the old input carries a brand new launcher. 6A+B has moved a6 and 3K has a new follow-up with the new mechanic.

Hilde's old B+G throw has been replaced with a new throw and C2A has been moved into 6A+B with it's unblockedable second hit still there. 6BBB remains and has a new follow-up (6BBA). Old A+B which used to be neutral on block has a new input and is much weaker now.

She has several new moves such as the aformentioned new 3B which leads to an easy 50 damage combo. Her old C2B combo starter is still there under some new requirements (C6B B+K C6B BT B+KA) and 22BBA is a natural combo which leads to some moderate damage for its range. C6A A+B seems like a strong punisher and A+B is a natural guard break.

So I saw Hilde's storymode...

Not going to lie the last few minutes of Hilde's story made my stomach turn lol. I'm also going to add that SCV's undertones between Patty-cakes and Pyrrha-chan are more suspect now.

That aside I found her storymode alright. Not so bad, but nothing good to write home about, either. I did like how it was shown that Hilde is an Intelligent woman by how she watches out for her surroundings and makes plans ahead.

It was heartbreaking to see that she couldn't do much for her father. The whole time I was mentally screeching 'Sophitia, Kilik, Talim and/or anybody; where are you?!'

TBH I didn't like Wilhelm much. The above is part of the reason I shamelessly admit. However, I felt there was too much focus on him when I felt it really shouldn't have. He also felt like an annoying conscious hovering around Hilde.

All in all, Hilde finally got some proper spotlight and I loved how it was shown she is a skilled fighter in combat and strategy.
@Spanky I'm glad to say that my Groh ships are no longer sunk. Sadly, my Hilde ships are long gone, because Wilhelm happened.

Put together a small Hilde guide:

I think that the change to her charge game is good (allows for her good moves to be more freely used), though the UB's still require a pretty LOL amount of time to get off. However if you hit anyone with the charged B unblockable, you are a Lord.

Rossweisse and Ortlinde were with Hilde and were attacked by Johan when he trying to eliminate Hilde. Interestingly in Soulcalibur IV these two are part of Astaroth's army along with Helmwige, who did not appear or was mentioned in story.
I wonder if they died, became malfested or just injured. :sc4hil1:

Just doing the normal operation for executing every other move and that particular one seems especially tight on the inputs. Doing something C6A A+B isn't hard or particularly tight, but doing something like 3KA even with a slide input, the A simply doesn't come out at times.

Just doing the normal operation for executing every other move and that particular one seems especially tight on the inputs. Doing something C6A A+B isn't hard or particularly tight, but doing something like 3KA even with a slide input, the A simply doesn't come out at times.
Hmm... C6A~A+B seems to be about the same as 3KA. Inputting smoothly?

May have been the recent patch that updated some inputs to correct the issue, but at times, it felt like I was trying to get JF timing down in order to get 3KA out (3K would come, but the last hit just felt weirdly strict in terms of timing).

Back