Hilde: Match-Up Discussion & Reference Videos

Ezio has too much swag.
Hilde wants to CE? HE TRIED TO WARN YOU!
Hilde wants to throw? HE TRIED TO WARN YOU!
Hilde wants to ring herself out? HE MUDDAH FUGGEN TRIED TO WARN YOU!!!!!!

Ezio has too much swag.
Hilde wants to CE? HE TRIED TO WARN YOU!
Hilde wants to throw? HE TRIED TO WARN YOU!
Hilde wants to ring herself out? HE MUDDAH FUGGEN TRIED TO WARN YOU!!!!!!
Yup. Also, try 2A/CE/3K/66K/4B/2A+B to interrupt his 2K → 2K; it'll whiff completely. Hilde has to use 8A, 8B, 44K, 44B, or backdash to deal with 2K spam (barring the option of just blocking and punishing, which is risky as hell and leaves you open to all sorts of mids), and he has tools in spades to deal with all these options, not the least of which are 6B BE and CE. He can run 2K mixups all day on her and without an especially good i14 punisher or TJ move, she's forced to take it in stride.

Hilde also has trouble keeping him out, mostly due to 66A/WR A forcing her to either gamble with 3[A]/66K/JG on his approach or let him run up and mix you up with his bullshit 2K. Add that to the fact that most of his strongest moves (e.g. A+B, 66A+B, 66BB) carry him forward in a way that makes pre-emptive 22Bs whiff more often than not and you've got a pretty shitty matchup.

EDIT: Oh, and he can punish [A+B] on JG/step with A+B/1K for amazing meterless and even more amazing meter damage (69, 86, and 115 for 0, .5, and 1 bar, respectively), not to mention the 66A+B punish on either C3 charge for a meterless 35% life.

Yup. Also, try 2A/CE/3K/66K/4B/2A+B to interrupt his 2K → 2K; it'll whiff completely. Hilde has to use 8A, 8B, 44K, 44B, or backdash to deal with 2K spam (barring the option of just blocking and punishing, which is risky as hell and leaves you open to all sorts of mids), and he has tools in spades to deal with all these options, not the least of which are 6B BE and CE. He can run 2K mixups all day on her and without an especially good i14 punisher or TJ move, she's forced to take it in stride.

Hilde also has trouble keeping him out, mostly due to 66A/WR A forcing her to either gamble with 3[A]/66K/JG on his approach or let him run up and mix you up with his bullshit 2K. Add that to the fact that most of his strongest moves (e.g. A+B, 66A+B, 66BB) carry him forward in a way that makes pre-emptive 22Bs whiff more often than not and you've got a pretty shitty matchup.

EDIT: Oh, and he can punish [A+B] on JG/step with A+B/1K for amazing meterless and even more amazing meter damage (69, 86, and 115 for 0, .5, and 1 bar, respectively), not to mention the 66A+B punish on either C3 charge for a meterless 35% life.
seriously though hilde cant stop a decent spaced ezio 2k on block. I dont think there is any counter. Possibly her own 2k lol idk.

Even though you trolling there some good ezio info in there. I need to use 66 ab more and stop getting hung up on the fact it can be ducked.

seriously though hilde cant stop a decent spaced ezio 2k on block. I dont think there is any counter. Possibly her own 2k lol idk.
Best option I've found against Ezio 2K is to just backstep-G away from it. You risk eating CH 6B/6B BE but WR A is too slow to catch step-G at -2 and if he whiffs the 2K you can hit him with 22B.

Guys, someone could help me against Asta?
I don't know how to deal with Bull Rush, also I can't use the Charge properly because he keeps coming, anyone here have any tip?

Guys, someone could help me against Asta?
I don't know how to deal with Bull Rush, also I can't use the Charge properly because he keeps coming, anyone here have any tip?

You have to just guard it or die. Bullrush spam is a lag tactic that all asty use because its hard to jg on reaction online. Try to only play astaroths on good connection.

You have to just guard it or die. Bullrush spam is a lag tactic that all asty use because its hard to jg on reaction online. Try to only play astaroths on good connection.
Oh I see...but what if I can't just guard?
Maybe 66A+B to at least avoid?
Oh and thanks

If they are spamming bull rush at you. Spam 3K at them.
They are in your face at disadvantage, you can prob get off two or three 3k's before they realize they have to block it or back step. If they start back stepping you can do stuff like throw out 6BB (Hit Confirmed into 3rd B). KND + Mega push-back spacing and your spacing is slightly better than Asta's.

If they are spamming bull rush at you. Spam 3K at them.
They are in your face at disadvantage, you can prob get off two or three 3k's before they realize they have to block it or back step. If they start back stepping you can do stuff like throw out 6BB (Hit Confirmed into 3rd B). KND + Mega push-back spacing and your spacing is slightly better than Asta's.

You can block bullrush and then eat some sort of possible mix up. Or you can just try to jg it every time he does it and eliminate the move all together. He does bullrush OS JG you do 3k and he grabs you for 50% life. Im not a fan of 6bb, but i guess i could use it more. You can step bullrush right away and 22b but you gota be really fast to get an actual counter. I never get the counter online.

I thought we were talking about online here where JG is not plausible?
Offline, there is so much you can do that messes with people. Also By spam 3K I meant you use it as a mix up tool. You can throw out a 1B to keep them on edge. And if they are OS Just Guarding and you KNOW they are, you can use C3A for gauge damage. Actually if you can see that they option select JG a lot, you can do slower moves like 22B since they will have locked onto a defensive stance after the JG.

i would never use c3a but in combo, risk vs reward never worth it. That font is messing with my eyes :) Infact im thinking im pretty done with A+B and c3b cause people are getting to good at jg ing them. Its not worth it to throw out these moves just to have them jg ed so easily and eat a full combo to a mix up or tech trap.

I'm talking about scenarios where you know that your opponent is doing certain things. If you catch them OS JG'ing you change your strategy. Doesn't mean you use C3A abusively. You just are able to use something you normally wouldn't.

I like to throw when people OS JG or you can also just do a low. Risk vs reward its never worth it to use c3a outside of combo. If they JG c3a your like -30 and im not exaggerating. You eat the best combo that character has. I do c3a outside of combo sometimes but 99% of the time its by mistake. Sometimes i will use it to whiff punish. And i play 99% online, and good offline players can jg stuff online. Not 100% like they would offline obviously. But enough to own you for doing dumb stuff like random c3a's. Its just not a good strat at all.

See what I'm saying is not a "random c3a" its a strategically thought out use of what is widely considered a horrible move.
In the event that you notice that they are constantly Option Selecting a Just Guard, you throw out a(Singular form) C3A that because they option selected a JG, can not just guard.
This action of using a Just Guardable move that they weren't able to because they OS'd, will likely cause them to no longer OS their JG because they would think that there are potential JG targets waiting to be had.

Its part of mind games, If you're able to know what they will likely do in a certain situation, use something that will make them think that its extremely bad to do that (ie them blocking low for 6AKA and you using 6AKB - Natural hit on the B leads to 70-197 just don't do it too much the K can be stepped) or that they would be better doing something else (ie Back Stepping after 3K on hit)
Once you've got them thinking in a certain way, you can abuse your knowledge of that. Hilde has so many tools that people neglect because they get into set methodologies. Every move she has, has a use. Knowing when best to use each one is my goal as a Hilde main, and part of it is in the mind games.

3K Is doing the jobs sometimes, another times I just use 1K K if the distance allow it people hardly ever guard the first hit, and since I can't JG...that is working fine at some level.

Hello guys!
Can you give me some useful feedback in this match vs Patroklos

I think my problem is that i just cant guess what he is gonna do, and this player constantly backdashes, and it is very difficult to come near, at the same time he can come to me very safe and very fast

Back