Hilde: Match-Up Discussion & Reference Videos

Hussler

Hilde SA Mod
Discuss match-ups here! If you want to post a video for reference, please post if and only if (1) you know the match-up and (2) the other player knows the match-up vs Hilde. Doesn't matter if you win or lose, but no victories based on the lack of character knowledge will be allowed!

Hopefully we can work together to bring Hilde to her best and figure out where she lies in comparison to the rest of the cast!

Thanks!!

---

Community opinions + reference videos:

vs Aeon (TBD):

vs Algol (TBD):

vs α Patroklos (TBD):

vs Astaroth (TBD):

vs Cervantes (TBD):

vs Dampierre (TBD):

vs Ezio (TBD):

vs Hilde (5-5; obviously, lol):

vs Ivy (TBD):

vs Lexia (TBD):

vs Maxi (TBD):

vs Mitsurugi (TBD):

vs Natsu (TBD):

vs Nightmare (TBD):

vs Patroklos (5-5):
Hussler vs Partisan: 1 2 3 4
Hussler vs Xeph: 1

vs Pyrrha (4-6):
Hussler vs Xeph: 1 2

vs Pyrrha Ω (3-7/4-6):
Hussler vs Partisan: 1
Hussler vs Xeph: 1

vs Siegfried (6-4):

vs Tira (TBD):

vs Viola (TBD):

vs Voldo (TBD):

vs Xiba (TBD):

vs Yoshimitsu (TBD):

vs ZWEI (TBD):

--

NOTE: NO VALUE ABOVE IS DEFINITE (THEY ARE JUST OPINIONS) AND ANY FLAME-BAITING OR TROLLING WILL RESULT IN POST DELETION AND/OR YOU GETTING REPORTED.

Thanks!

Much love,
Hussler

B+K will wreck:
1) viola's 8A+B
2) natsu's hover (PO8)
3) yoshi's deathcopter, and the B teleport (the guard breeaker where he teleports above you)
4) asta's 9B
5) tira's 8B+K
6) cervy's DC~B
7) algol's 8B+K
8) a whiffed/blocked pyrrha's 22BAK

that's all i have confirmed for B+K that i know for sure works.

against viola i have found a few things that work:
1) 3[A] will auto-GI most of her set-ups involving 3B, 33B, etc. haven't tested how it interacts with her 6B+K, when i get to it, i'll add it here.

2) whenever she returns the orbs normally (no BEs) you can 2A+B during it. since B+K TCs for a bit, you can use that as well but note that it's slower that 2A+B.

(i'll add more when i get back from work later)

Yo what you do you all think the Hilde/Siegfried Matchup is? Not sure who is in favor there myself.

I feel like it 7-3 hildes favor, its more like 6 1/2-3 1/2. :)

Stay out of his attack range, basic'ly you want to stand just out of the range where his AGA will hit. Punish whiffs with c3b and 22_88 b. Every time seig puts the sword on his back he is opening his chest to be spear'ed. Also seig is one of the easier characters to c2b loop. If you dodge one of seigs verts it usually leaves him open to be 22_88 b'ed for huge damage.

In a nutshell hilde can out space seig and then up close she is also better cause c2a frame traps and kicks. Only thing seig has over hilde is 50 50 mix ups. But if you move well with hilde it will be hard for seigs to put you in those situations.

Another deadly tool Hilde has in that match-up is 44B and backstep. After a blocked 3{B}, she can backstep to beat any followup at any range other than "in your face", or 44B to beat everything at any range except SCH K BE (iirc).

Be cool if someone can provide a full matchup lists on how hilde does against every single char in the game.

Hmm, I can provide my opinion on some match-ups (very important that this is only my opinion! lol). Perhaps we can (actually) start a discussion in this thread after that lol. On that same note, if you guys post vids here I'll add them to the first post so we can share matches and watch them for reference (read the disclaimer above first though!). In addition, if we settle on a match-up (e.g. 6-4) I'll add it to the first post. But please, please, please, please, DO NOT turn this into a tier-list discussion.

Anyways my thoughts:

Hilde vs Pat (5-5):
She can match his poke game with 1A, 3K and 66K. If you keep your distance and force him to block things like 22B, B+K & 6A+B you can keep him in check. Watch out for 1B though: at neutral, all of his pokes are just slightly faster than yours.
Some of my vids for reference (note: nowhere near perfect play) : 1 2 3 4 5

Hilde vs Pyrrha Ω (4-6 or even 3-7):
Yeah... Ω beats Hilde in almost every way. Hilde has good guard damage? Ω has better. Hilde has good pokes? Ω has safer, higher damaging, and stun-granting pokes (and some can even link into DNS B). Hilde has good whiff punishment? DNS B says hi. You get the point. Oh, and don't even try to attempt 44B, 2A+B, and 2B+K among others. You will lose half your life. (Sorry, this match-up just makes me cry like a baby).
Some of my vids for reference (again, nowhere near perfect play) : 1 2

Hilde vs Pyrrha (4-6):
Similar to Ω, but the lack of DNS and significantly lower guard damage make this matchup a lot more manageable. Not sure, what else to say. It is still an uphill battle.

Will post more later. For now, discuss! =D

Are you guys sure that its such a bad MU for sieg? I play Sieg and so far didn't felt like its that unfair of a MU. Her 22B is very scary against him but a good Sieg player will be prepared for that and try to avoid whiffing.
What i like about the MU is that Hilde is rather bad at Blockpunishment, so sieg has much more freedom to go for unsafe moves like 1AA or 66B, which are rarely usable in most other MUs.

But i probably haven't played against a real top tier Hilde player, so i am not going to disagree with you guys here.
Another deadly tool Hilde has in that match-up is 44B and backstep. After a blocked 3{B}, she can backstep to beat any followup at any range other than "in your face", or 44B to beat everything at any range except SCH K BE (iirc).
What whiffpunishment options would she get off from a Backstep? Be aware that sieg can cancel his stance and avoid punishment completely when you go for backstep.
I dont see whats so scary about 44B either. From my own testing it doesn't even hit him off of most options and its not dealing any significant dmg at all. Hilde on the other risks to get 2B+K'd for a heavy SCH B whiffpunish.

Dont forget, its not YOU who should be scared after a blocked 3B - its the siegfried player who is about to get punished. And a small poke as a punish for a launcher doesn't sound that efficient.

I would actually suggest to go for 22B after 3(B) - THAT is a good punisher lol

Whats her most damaging i20 or faster move? From what i know her standard launcher isn't that good?

22B works, but SCH~6~B will beat it. It comes down to a 50/50 (33/33/33?) at that point really. Will Hilde backstep, 22B or block? After a backstep she can 66A, 66B (BE), 6BB, BB or CE. 44B doesn't really do any damage; it's just a really annoying poke which gets in the opponents head. If 44B is blocked though, I'm sure that WR B would connect.
I'll hit up the lab tonight and see what else I find.

22B works, but SCH~6~B will beat it. It comes down to a 50/50 (33/33/33?) at that point really. Will Hilde backstep, 22B or block? After a backstep she can 66A, 66B (BE), 6BB, BB or CE. 44B doesn't really do any damage; it's just a really annoying poke which gets in the opponents head. If 44B is blocked though, I'm sure that WR B would connect.
I'll hit up the lab tonight and see what else I find.
I was about to say that actually. 22B beats SCH A, B, K, 2_8B+K and B+K. It gets beaten by realigning and Stance cancelling (stance cancel is -20).

Thats why i asked what her best i20 or faster option was. Normally this would be your go to launcher but i am not sure if Hilde has something better than her regular 3B launcher.

Her best options would be 3BA~c1B (62 dmg), 3B BE (92) or good old c1/2/3A (24/58/48).

Well the problem i have with MU's in sc5 is really they are level and character dependant. If hilde fights seig in the cage level then seig is at advantage cause she cant out space seig there due to lack of space. Alot of hildes tools are made for long range whiff punishing ce,66b,4b,6bbb,2bk,c3b,22b,66a. Not to mention its really big that seig falls into the easy to loop category. And some one like pyrra is really hard to loop and can punish the shi out of hilde. IMO pyrra is hilde worst MU just cause her pure ability to counter. And not to mention as a character pyrra is just stupid good.

I think omega is easier. I dont use 44b to much, here and there but not a ton. I never random 2 ab, i only use that for countering or in combo. And well 2bk just sucks tbh. Only good in afew situations. I would never use it vs a short range fighter like omega.

3b Be is a sick good move if you can make it hit. Its i19(same as cervys with less range) i think, you do 3b be-c2b-3b be-c2b-c3a for like 120 damage. So that makes the move worth it if you can know you are gona hit. If you just guessing the move will hit then its a bad idea cause good players will JG the second hit. This is one move i havent really masterd using yet. But in competent hands its really good.

Up close hildes 66k is i14 so that beats all stance transitions, also you get possible counter hit plus tech trap. Far away she will out poke him. At med range c2a will TC and serve as a good poke and frame trap starter. If i can touch you with 22b then you are forced into a mix up. So block or hit 22b is amazing vs any character besides pyrra lol.

One time i did 22b(blocked)-ce vs pyrra and she did 236k STC and went under my ce and punished me............. And hilde cant punish pyrra 3b to save her life. I was fighting ramon like afew weeks ago and he did a auto gi to my hilde c2b into like a 140+ damage combo....I really feel like pyrra is cheap vs almost every character. People say her worst Mu is 5-5 and i believe that as well.

Hilde vs Pat (5-5):
She can match his poke game with 1A, 3K and 66K. If you keep your distance and force him to block things like 22B, B+K & 6A+B you can keep him in check. Watch out for 1B though: at neutral, all of his pokes are just slightly faster than yours.
Some of my vids for reference (note: nowhere near perfect play) : 1 2 3 4 5

I enjoyed these matches, I wish those two still played Pat. 44B is really good for Hilde in this MU, its quite hard to whiff punish it with 66B. Kinda hard but definitely possible.

Something for facing NM:
If nightmare ever does 1A, CE him. You beat the grimstride A and punish the 1A, so if you ever block 1A, CE is a universal answer. if you lack the meter, 2A+B

Something for facing NM:
If nightmare ever does 1A, CE him. You beat the grimstride A and punish the 1A, so if you ever block 1A, CE is a universal answer. if you lack the meter, 2A+B
CE works for 33B/33B6 and 66K/66K6 on block also. 2A+B is a body attack though, shouldn't GS A beat it?
EDIT: Nightmare discovery makes first part untrue.

Last edited:
Well the thing about NM is you can out poke and out guess him the whole round. And usually you will, but all NM has to do is hit 1 time and he destroys you. So its a interesting MU. I feel like to error is human, so its impossible for hilde to guess vs nm every time. But the match is totally easily win able. But also afew mistakes and you lose. I think hilde has advantage though cause how easy he is to loop. Only problem is hands down best NM i have fought is ruben and i have only fought him online where i cant combo well. So i really cant put my finger on the MU. Its either 6-4 hilde or 5-5 even.

Depends on your spacing and punishing. If you're really good at spacing and know what you can punish at range and/or react and counter his moves at range, I'd put it at a 6.5-3.5 in Hilde's favor. Don't have a lot of competition down under, but my main sparring partner mains Nightmare and he hates playing my Hilde with NM or Sieg because he gets trolled all match so I have a trick or two against him. But definitely NM does more deeps than Hilde once he lands a solid hit (Outside of our 22B which is insta GG on NM in particular).

Haitian, a trick that works oh too freaking often on litterally ANYONE:
If you ever have a C4A charged and manage to get them launched with C2BB of any sort (ie 22B, B+K a dragon fly etc anything that results in them being launched by C2B)
Do a Airhit 3K then release C4A. You'll be amazed at how often people will stand up after being hit by something so stupid makes people think its ok to get up.
3K - Too many troll uses.

Back