Hilde pre-release discussion and video thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing it's unique to her, kind of like her charge flashes. Just a way of adding some personal flavor to her CE.

It makes her CE more epic but I wonder why Hilde? imo it would sound really badass if it was for the evil characters like Nightmare, Cervantes or the boss character.

It makes her CE more epic but I wonder why Hilde? imo it would sound really badass if it was for the evil characters like Nightmare, Cervantes or the boss character.
She's the only charge character. Makes sense for her CE to have a charge sound effect.

Good call, I saw it but didn't think about it. Looks like she still has it.
I figured she would still have it. Her low-game was pretty subpar in SCIV, it wouldn't make sense to nerf that.

I do hope they kept her 2A+B K though. That was my favorite move to use as a taunt at the end of the round. Stab your opponent's body and ring yourself out. Perfectly humiliating.

think she's a really cool character :P hope to see more of her, her moves sound really sharp now

Im curious, Im trying to learn SC and was wondering what about hilde made caused her to be banned in SC 4? I figure if I learn more about what makes a character good, I can learn more about the game as a whole.

Im curious, Im trying to learn SC and was wondering what about hilde made caused her to be banned in SC 4? I figure if I learn more about what makes a character good, I can learn more about the game as a whole.

She could ring you out on hit in alot of stages (except walled stages :P). She carried way too far i thought.

The Doom Combo will no longer ring out in SCV... so she might be unbanned from tournaments in SCV.

Ah yes the infamous doom combo if im not mistaken right? Was that really all though?
Well all her charge moves were mid and left her at good frame advantage, so she could keep applying pressure even if you blocked them. Not to mention her Charge A moves auto-GI'd moves too. Your best bet was to try to step or space her out so that she whiffed, but she has a super fast step speed and long range, so if you were turtling too much, she'd charge her Charge level 3 moves easily. All that plus doom combo.

On topic: BE grab to CE is pretty nasty.

Well all her charge moves were mid and left her at good frame advantage, so she could keep applying pressure even if you blocked them. Not to mention her Charge A moves auto-GI'd moves too. Your best bet was to try to step or space her out so that she whiffed, but she has a super fast step speed and long range, so if you were turtling too much, she'd charge her Charge level 3 moves easily. All that plus doom combo.

On topic: BE grab to CE is pretty nasty.

Ok so Im assuming a charge move being a mid is a very good thing then? Why is that if you don't mind me asking? Other than that I actually understood everything else in your post-surprisingly lol, guess Im not as much of a noob as i thought-but damn she seemed like quite a handful to deal with.

Plus I heard pad players could button bind to allow her to tech throws while she was charging or something of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back