Hoshino silenced by Namco? News from Harada

• Admin
As most of you may know by now, Hoshino (@hoshino_calibur), who is the director of the Soulcalibur series as of 2013, has not been actively communicating with other users on Twitter. It is currently a Soulcalibur news station and not the voice or thoughts of the director himself. We generally see Twitter accounts for both game news and for the leading director when we take a look at other fighting games.

Why is Soulcalibur so different in comparison? Katsuhiro Harada (@Harada_TEKKEN), the director of the TEKKEN series, had this to say on Twitter yesterday in reply to a comment aimed at him.

Harada in 2015 also had this to say.

Why is Hoshino not allowed to communicate with the fans of the game? It seems like an odd decision from a fan perspective. The only way I am able to rationalize this, is that Namco higher-ups may want to keep the future of Soulcalibur a secret. That way any other games they are trying to market (*cough* Tekken 7 *cough*) will have less divided attention. Is this the correct way to handle the social media aspect for the Soulcalibur series? Only time can tell.

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Even ArenaNet's "Soon™" is shorter than this. That's why I'm on it while waiting for some Soulcalibur news.

However, I don't think the series is doomed... Except if they told us they will release news "soon" and these news are "we're done with the series". They'd better release one hell of a fighting game (if not the best EVER) if they don't want some heavy backlash.

Eh, i'm still holding on for E3. If it doesn't get announced there then idk what to think anymore.
But thankfully i have games like SFV, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, and Naruto Storm 4 to keep me busy.

Maybe it's reverse psychology this could be the first seed what sooner or later turns into a accouncement down the line... A currently very long and dragging line

Great! : )

I'll Tweet him a welcome back!!

They may have answered @drCrux in that Tweet but no word to Joe Public on their Twitter...

Good news regardless!

Last edited:
Just finished reading this thread.... E3 came and went... silence on SCVI. Honestly I don't think anything will be announced until E3 '17.
It's just a gut feeling. :sc5vio1:;-)

I think they'll continue this popularity contest with most of the characters left to pass time and get the fb page more active. They'll just stall with whatever else until they're ready to announce SCVI.

well sources have said to look out for gamescon...but most likely we'll get something once the hype for T7 dies down a bit

Like I say, expect nothing big until after Tekken 7 releases. Though it is reasonable that we could get a simple announcement somewhere.

Why thank you very much for the share!
I think I found a new interest in the next Gamescom then (though I do understand we may have nothing as well).

Live streams

6 Viewers
mellogoose
mellogoose
Getting that practice in
6 Viewers
SC_Shadow78
SC_Shadow78
Got power outage but it get back after a few minutes (Still short stream)
1 Viewers
Katmanfoo
Katmanfoo
Talking shiii, slappin buttons!!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member