How do you make the voices not suck?

NarokKurai

[08] Mercenary
SCV's Creation mode is pretty neat, but whatever they've done to the way voices work, it's terrible. Moving the pitch or tone sliders at all suddenly makes it sound like their talking through a diving helmet, and there's this constant electronic buzzing in their voice. Hell, I've heard a "Cynical Female" voice make sounds more akin to an unholy pig than a human. Has anyone managed to edit the pitch or tone of a voice and not make it sound ridiculous?

SCV's Creation mode is pretty neat, but whatever they've done to the way voices work, it's terrible. Moving the pitch or tone sliders at all suddenly makes it sound like their talking through a diving helmet, and there's this constant electronic buzzing in their voice. Hell, I've heard a "Cynical Female" voice make sounds more akin to an unholy pig than a human. Has anyone managed to edit the pitch or tone of a voice and not make it sound ridiculous?

I think you should only mess with the tone slider. The pitch is what gives them that "robotic voice." Strangely, the volume of these voices sound lower than that of the normal characters. I also don't get some of the "yells" and "shouts" some of the female voices make. Some of them either sounds weird or you can't hear them clearly. Very odd, because you hear them just fine in Creation mode...

Back