How do you play X? Offensive or Defensive

I play both. But usually I start off kinda semi-agressive.

In the beginning of a round I usually test my opponent with 6A+B. Usually its safe enough to throw out, and agressive players will run headfirst into it for free damage, and defensive players will back off far enough where they can't counter. Only when they know it's coming, is when I am in danger of getting countered.

After that initial move, I feel it out. I might get aggressive, charging in with 66B mixups, and hitting with 3B's, AA's, BB's, 4K's, 6B+K's, etc. If they bat my attacks away, I back off and start getting defensive, using tricky moves like 2A+B, 44_99B, and 6A+B.

Lately I've been getting waaay too defensive tho.

Picked her up a few days ago, played probably about 20 hours of her by now. I've been doing whatever I need to do. Get opponents used to something, and then completely change that style up in mid combat.

My biggest problem is that I'm trying to find better mid moves for her. Most of my game is high vs. low, which isn't great considering that blocking low causes half my mixup to whiff.

aK is pretty good, IMHO. i19, safe on block, +3 or 4 on hit, covers step, TCs, and offers mixups. The only issue is that the second hit whiffs on certain characters if the A hits at max range.

Back