How do you play X? Offensive or Defensive

TrippalHealicks

[08] Mercenary
I used to play real defensive and "counter" enemy moves and such. (a lot of 66B+K, 44B, etc) But, I recently went "aggressive" style, per the suggestion of someone that noticed i had "Start Dash A" since I use the Soul Calibur sword....

Well, this has worked out fairly well, but I love the fact that I can switch to heavy defense and counters when I need to.

How do you guys play Xianghua, primarily?

"Toe Clipping" defines my style the best. I mix with her tricky WS game and many lows. :1::A:, :3::A:, :2::A:+:B: to name a few. From FC, I can mix with WR :A:+:B::2::B:, FC :3::A:+:B:, WR :B: (crouch throw combo time!), FC :3::B:, FC :3::bB:, WR :(A):+:(B):, and any variety of SXS mixups from there.

I still use her general set of good moves to advance and close distance, but once I close in, I start in on the low mixups.

Yeah, I definitely spam random lows at any and all conveniences. lol

Never the same one twice in a row. Keep 'em guessing. People don't know what to do against X. They're like "WTF is this? lol Who uses that character? haha"....then they die. lol

I can play either. It depends on how the opponent plays. However I like to bait them into doing short range quick attacks so I can do :4::4::B:. I also like to run in at times and do a bunch of short quick short range moves that give me advantage to force them to block a lot so that I can start using SXS.

I can play either. It depends on how the opponent plays. However I like to bait them into doing short range quick attacks so I can do :4::4::B:. I also like to run in at times and do a bunch of short quick short range moves that give me advantage to force them to block a lot so that I can start using SXS.

:4::4::B: is probably her 2nd most useful move. Just ridiculous the kind of stuff you can trick people into doing and stabbing them in the gut.

i play aggressive, not a paitent person, i usually start with ››A because everyone backs up, second round start with ‹‹AA then i go inside, 1 good move that get alot of people go in and do AAB, most forget about the B, then follow with ‹‹B, i love this setup, gets em all the time, or most because they think they can counter attack,also i'd like to learn to be a better defensive X, F_Twilight my psn. Hit me up for some matches

i play aggressive, not a paitent person, i usually start with ››A because everyone backs up, second round start with ‹‹AA then i go inside, 1 good move that get alot of people go in and do AAB, most forget about the B, then follow with ‹‹B, i love this setup, gets em all the time, or most because they think they can counter attack,also i'd like to learn to be a better defensive X, F_Twilight my psn. Hit me up for some matches

I just might do that. I'm pretty good defensively with her.

I play offensively, yet I mix in trapping and defensive traits so pretty much I play a balanced game

rush. that. shit. down.

Though I play rushdown with her. I can say she is versatile enough to be played any way and still win. She has many good tools at all ranges.

cha cha

I get in that ass with her. She likes to put that pressure and that wake up game on folks. At least that's how she talks to me.

If I have SXS3 I'm more bound to rushing down, if I don't I play a bit more careful to get that SXS3 stored up. As for 44B, mix it up with 1B+K and B+K, works wonders for people trying to stop you from evading their moves.

I like the :4::4::B:, also. I also like mixing in some :aK:'s,:aK::K:'s, and :aK::B:'s. When my oppenents do laggy moves I like punishing with :6::6::A:. I just need to work on my blocking.

A defensive counter game.. The 4k and 6k work wonders for keeping aggressive players at bay, and are also good for set ups.

Usually I play X depend on how my opponent react on X's move
example...

when they doesn't care about sxs move and always trying to interrupt it I should stop being
offensive.

usually using 44B is a good move to make your opponent became more careful not to attack recklessly
when they start to scared with 44B. I think it's time to press them.

Back