How to Just Guard Multiple Hits in a String?

Jimminhy

[03] Disciple
The title says it all... I am only able to just guard the first hit in a string, and the rest are just regular guards.​
It's like there's no time to tap the G button before the next hit comes, haha

Make sure you tap the first JG for a super minimal amount of time

I see, but the way I do it, I tap Guard super quick and then hold it down for the just guard. I tried to just tap guard really quickly but it never works... I can imagine I wouldn't have enough time during a string.

Is there a trick to nailing the timing for the single tap?

If it helps, a common misconception is that JG is guarding right when the move connects, but in reality, it is tapping G right BEFORE the move connects. So basically, tap G as fast as possible right before the move connects.

I see, but the way I do it, I tap Guard super quick and then hold it down for the just guard. I tried to just tap guard really quickly but it never works... I can imagine I wouldn't have enough time during a string.

Is there a trick to nailing the timing for the single tap?

holding down the G button doesn't work for just guards, as PW has already, you only tap the G for minimal frames for a JG, before it lands.

As for strings, depending on what character you're fighting JG works in different ways;
if we're JGing a single move with multiple hits such as Siegfrieds SBH K BE, which has 3 hits, if you JG the first hit, then you'll automatically JG the remaining 2 hits after.

however if we're JGing Tira's GS 666B BE then you'll only be able to JG the first hit, because the JG frames don't last long enough to automatically JG the remaining hits in time, meaning you have to achieve this manually...(not that you should tbh)

now if we're talking strings such as Ezio's 6ABB or Voldo's 6ABA, then you'll have to JG each hit manually, but honestly imo it's a pointless exercise from a practical point of view...many of us look to JG the final hit of such strings or find ways of evading them so that we can maximise our punishes

I see, but the way I do it, I tap Guard super quick and then hold it down for the just guard.
The thing about holding it down is that the game has a cooldown for when you can attempt another JG. That way people don't mash the guard button and everything gets parried no matter what. The longer you hold down the guard button, the longer it takes for the cooldown to take place so that you can JG another hit of a string.

When it comes to strings, I personally it better to JG the last hit of said string unless there is an alternative way to get around it, wether it be sidestep, TC, etc..

But then again, I'm not great at JGing so what do I know? Not to mention some characters can easily punish certain strings on a standard guard anyway.

The thing about holding it down is that the game has a cooldown for when you can attempt another JG. That way people don't mash the guard button and everything gets parried no matter what. The longer you hold down the guard button, the longer it takes for the cooldown to take place so that you can JG another hit of a string.
OMG are you the same Party Wolf that used Xiba in CEO 2013? If you are, then I'm a fan!

Back