How to pronounce Hilde (With evidence)

Ceirnian

[11] Champion
I notice a lot of people have been misprouncing Hilde's name so I figure it's time to settle this for everyones sake. This is a quote from another thread along with some evidence showing why.

As for how to say her name, I'm under the impression that it is "Hild-uh". Her full name is Hildegard von Krone, so the most logical way to say it is Hild-uh I believe.

[TAKE THAT! Edit] http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hildegard

Hild-uh is the correct way. Gotta rep my german half and get people to say this correctly :)

So there you have it. Go out and stop people from saying Hild or Hild-ee. Hild-uh is the way of the future (or Hil-duh if you take the dictionaries breakdown to heart).

I already knew that from the fact that the japanese Katakana was "hi-ru-da"
Granted no one here cares how the japanese pronounce things now do they?

Beat story mode with Hilde. She says her full name. Now say that five times fast!!!

people butcher her name everytime, and even when i correct them, they don't care. they still call her Hildee

stupid people =p

How about if I say Hildy, with the 'y' like Mikey, Sammy, or Kathy? I don't hear Micha, Samu, or Kathr too much.

That said, I just wanted to bug you since you didn't seemed annoyed enough already. I mean, only one dedicated thread? :P

I don't care how it's supposed to be pronounced. Hild E sounds cool.

People go mispronouncing shit all the time, even on purpose. No need to be bothered by it. =P

You'd be surprised how many people pronounce or spell my username "OFFMATIC". Both by accident and on purpose.. i guess it sounds cool to them or something. lol

I'm not annoyed by it, I just figured people who didn't know might prefer knowing how to say it the correct way :P

you mean how it's pronounced in American English. i'd be curious to hear the difference in a German speaker's pronunciation.

actually, now i kinda wish that the characters all spoke in their native languages. the subtitles are there already.

"hild-uh" sounds ugly. like gertrude or annabelle.

"hild-eh" sounds cute.

and "sugar tits" is almost perfect.

HEERUUDDAAAH

Lol the pre-requisite for talking about Hilde's standing in tiers and viability is getting her name right.

I usualy just call her Hild (no E just Hild) but her full name is Hildegard Vonkronon (last name is probably spelt wrong)

Well i'll try do do it right: Hilde/Hildegard(Hild-uh/Hild-uh-gahrd/or simply Hilda.) - von(fawn) - Krone(Krou-nuh here i'm unsure as there there are two forms because krone is either a form of money or means crown).
Transcription would be [hɪldəˌgɑrd] [fɔn] ['kʀoːnə]. Hope you can understand it. I live in germany but its kinda hard to express how it is pronounced.

Back