I Don't Think Pyrrha's done with soul edge...

Greenshortz

[08] Mercenary
i know in the story they destroyed the soul blades and everything was happy lalaladidadadada but if you look back she's still malfested and soul edge in my opinion didnt seem very complete i mean it has been idle for 17 years (or to our knowledge has been low key) and if soul edge was completely destroyed wouldnt pyrrha's arm return to normal if it was destroyed.... i think the next game will show her start to grow thirsty for soul edge...

just an idea

well when soul edge removed itself from segfried he didnt have the arm still...

That's my argument. Story mode was garbage so I try not to kill myself speculating. She could have burned it with a waffle iron and the game would have still hit shelves.

I think you're all forgetting one very important thing:

HOWUNFORTUNATE.png
Malfested vermin have no right to live!

I think being malfested is like being on fire. You can put the fire out, but you still have all those burns. Just because Soul Edge is gone, or malfestation is cured, doesn't mean that the side effects of it will disappear too.

This.

And how many times has Soul Edge blown up before? It's like that fly that keeps buzzing around your ear, and you swat it away and you think it's gone, then it's there annoying you ten seconds afterwards...
As usual, I think Soul Edge is still somewhere. From what I saw of the story mode, it left a lot just... There. Not really enough to go "Yeah, soul edge is dead again."

I think you're all forgetting one very important thing:

HOWUNFORTUNATE.png
Malfested vermin have no right to live!

If I'm interperiting this right...

Your saying that the next storyline will follow PAtro/Pyrrah/the world and their hunt to kill the Malfested? since the Malfested are basically soul edge...and we do believe that this isn't the end to soul edge...

If I'm interperiting this right...

Your saying that the next storyline will follow PAtro/Pyrrah/the world and their hunt to kill the Malfested? since the Malfested are basically soul edge...and we do believe that this isn't the end to soul edge...

What? No. I didn't say any of that.

well of course Pyrrha's Soul Edge baggage isn't done. Although, the "withdrawn, sweet-natured girl turning into a genocidal maniac" is probably one of the most overdone, boring cliche's in story-telling. I really don't know what to do except maybe a sort of Blade of the Immortal thing where Pat protects her despite people damning her as a Malfested which was just a result of Tira manipulating her as she was in a vulnerable state (a state I'm surprised Tira didn't get her to earlier considering she reduced the poor girl's life to one of persecution of tragedy)

Maybe there will be DLC for Story Mode to clear up Viola and Hilde's situations and to show if Pyrrha still has her Dr. Zoidberg arm.

I hope not; she has the most potential to become a higher villain even to betray Tira for the sword's demands would be an interesting twist. She should become at least a sub villain with an alternate goal but still similar to nightmare. I mean, I dont want to hear anymore of her whining, I want a deeper more story. Maybe soul edge could reawaken and try to take over her body in retaliation for her trying to betray it. Then the whole "How dare you" speech would happen to her like it did to sophtia.

What's with all the forum necromancy lately?

Mmm, what I took from it was more that Patroklos and Pyrrha were the only ones capable of truly mastering the swords other than Algol. Pattycakes may have needed a deus ex machina to do it, but he still recovered from manipulation and pseudo-possession by Soul Calibur and Pyrrha was able to do more or less the same with Soul Edge, when she had something more to care about than her own well-being. If anything, I'd think they were going to be the ones that would be key in the inevitable battle with Algol to stop him.

If we did have that full story Odashima planned, I'd expect something akin to Algol being banished back to astral chaos and the power of the swords divided up between some of the cast members to always leave a loophole for a sequel.

What about that picture?

well when soul edge removed itself from segfried he didnt have the arm still...
And people get mad at me for spelling his name wrong. *snickers*

well of course Pyrrha's Soul Edge baggage isn't done. Although, the "withdrawn, sweet-natured girl turning into a genocidal maniac" is probably one of the most overdone, boring cliche's in story-telling. I really don't know what to do except maybe a sort of Blade of the Immortal thing where Pat protects her despite people damning her as a Malfested which was just a result of Tira manipulating her as she was in a vulnerable state (a state I'm surprised Tira didn't get her to earlier considering she reduced the poor girl's life to one of persecution of tragedy)
And that will exactly be how it turns out in the future.

Okay, time for my introspective. Pyrrha was in her Omega form at the end of the story. I believe that Pyrrha will still be tormented by the effects of Soul Edge, to the point she loses her grip on sanity and who she is. Then comes back Tira, and she tells her to continue destroying and killing everything in her wake, leading her into Asia, and becoming a ruthless psychopath. This will also lead to Patroklos having to choose between his "justice" schtick or try to save his sister, which will more than likely lead him down a dark path making him an anti-hero but leaning towards losing his sanity also. All in all, Pyrrha could potentially be evil because of Soul Edge's influence as well as Patroklos for becoming Chaotic Good but could all lead to losing his snaity because of Soul Calibur's slightly dark intentions, albeit if it hasn't happened yet.

Wasn' t Pyrrha able to overcome the influence of Soul Edge with her own mental strength?? Since she was not completely freed from Soul Edge, it is likely she will become more evil again. I kind of agree with the idea of Patroklos turning into an anti-hero because Raphael had been the insane antihero who sought both swords to create his onw word. Now he is a tragic character on the search for Amy. If we have a new two siblings struggling from the power of the swords, we have a new potential direction for the storyline.

Back