iCS/CS and SS information

I thought the general idea of an arcade stick was it being used precisely for such insane commands. That's why pros prefer it. I could be wrong...
yes and no, its good for precision but not on speed the distance you move your hand is farther then on dpad or analog making ics harder but cs easier

for those of you doing CS on arcade stick, do you use square gate or octagonal gate? does it matter or is it personal preference?

for those of you doing CS on arcade stick, do you use square gate or octagonal gate? does it matter or is it personal preference?
I use an unmodified SFIV Madcatz stick, so I believe it's a square gate... I think it really depends on the user... Personally, I don't really notice a difference, but I would believe the octagonal would be better...

I've got an octal in mine. When the game first came out I was doing it very easily but lately for some reason my hands don't want to input it properly anymore.

I use a square gate as well. I tried octagon briefly way back in SC2 days, and it didn't make enough of a difference to permanently switch. I think it could help if you want to use circles to buffer CS, but it's really personal preference.

I use dualshock controller using the dpad/analog method;

I hold 8 on the analog; while tapping 22 on the dpad then I slide the analog from 8 to 4 like this: 874 then I tap 666 on the dpad.

iCS is quite easy! :P Thanks to psin89 who showed me this.

I was playing a Yoshimitsu and punished his 6K with iCS XD then when he got up I used her CE.

I feel sorry for him now ^o^

This isn't that game, but here's proof of my iCS. Go to 1:14. Btw, I know I did terrible in the actual match, I'm not used to playing against Aeon.

i think square is the best for sc maybe octa for sf but... yea even so i only get ics at the most 40% of the time, i wish they made it a little easier

Why? iCS is easiest grab to break on reaction, where CS is probably still one of the hardest. Until you play with someone who knows Ivy very well in usefulness terms iCS < CS, always.

Why? iCS is easiest grab to break on reaction, where CS is probably still one of the hardest. Until you play with someone who knows Ivy very well in usefulness terms iCS < CS, always.
I agree. I've broke all but 2 out of about 80 iCS's thrown at me. The 1 frame difference in speed and the flash just makes it bad. Namco should make iCS i16 or i17.

I'd rather the grab break frame window be 4-5 like old times and a range increase than be marginally faster. The difference in speed to connect is the least of your problems when Ivy becomes a bright white beacon for no reason other than "omg mash B"

Mage, something I wanted to ask you. I've been a first hand witness of your iCS's increasing successfulness.
1) Do you get it offline as well at the speed you input it?
2) Have you tried one of those combinations (such as inserting 88_22_A_[G] etc after the directional input) and still got an iCS? For example 28284666G B+G. I'm asking this to determine whether only a part of the command is subject to the timing or the whole thing.

Mage, something I wanted to ask you. I've been a first hand witness of your iCS's increasing successfulness.
1) Do you get it offline as well at the speed you input it?
2) Have you tried one of those combinations (such as inserting 88_22_A_[G] etc after the directional input) and still got an iCS? For example 28284666G B+G. I'm asking this to determine whether only a part of the command is subject to the timing or the whole thing.
You cannot get iCS if you block after the input I believe.

And, no, iCS is extremely hard and painful for your thumbs offline :P I can still get it, although it takes a faster input than online because of the frame lag that is online.

It is the speed of the directional input, not timing. You don't have to get the last 6 at the same time as B+G. It is the fastest input on SCV.

You cannot get iCS if you block after the input I believe.

And, no, iCS is extremely hard and painful for your thumbs offline :P I can still get it, although it takes a faster input than online because of the frame lag that is online.

It is the speed of the directional input, not timing. You don't have to get the last 6 at the same time as B+G. It is the fastest input on SCV.
Could you show your hands doing the dpad analog method? CS is very easy to me but Ive NEVER done ICS. I would like to do it at least once. I even tried doing it the way you mentioned in this forum. Didn't even do the regular CS. Or if you know somebody that can do that?

Could you show your hands doing the dpad analog method? CS is very easy to me but Ive NEVER done ICS. I would like to do it at least once. I even tried doing it the way you mentioned in this forum. Didn't even do the regular CS. Or if you know somebody that can do that?
I got another request to do a tutorial on one of my gameplay videos in which I performed iCS. Yes, I'll make a video later today.

I'll try to explain to you first:

Hold the analog up, and tap down twice with the dpad while holding the analog.

Then slide your analog in this motion: :8::7::4:
When you get to the :4: tap :6::6::6: on the dpad. And press B+G. You won't get iCS on your first try. It's just a bit of practice, and don't worry, it really doesn't take long to get used to.

iCS is obviously easier online, however I have got it offline with this method, my thumbs get quite sore trying to do it offline :P When you think your consistent with CS, try going online with a friend and practice is on him/with him. Try doing what you have been doing so far, just a bit faster.

When you think your consistent with CS, try going online with a friend and practice is on him/with him. Try doing what you have been doing so far, just a bit faster.
This has to be simultaneously both the most useful, accurate description and also the most worthless.

Hold the analog up, and tap down twice with the dpad while holding the analog.

Then slide your analog in this motion: :8::7::4:
When you get to the :4: tap :6::6::6: on the dpad. And press B+G. You won't get iCS on your first try. It's just a bit of practice, and don't worry, it really doesn't take long to get used to.

iCS is obviously easier online, however I have got it offline with this method, my thumbs get quite sore trying to do it offline :P When you think your consistent with CS, try going online with a friend and practice is on him/with him. Try doing what you have been doing so far, just a bit faster.
Thanks ill try this right now! I would love to do ICS becouse online everybody ducks my CS becouse they are so used to me buffering it with the same stuff. So maybe i can learn to input this faster?

Back