iCS/CS and SS information

Yea, I have yet to find an Ivy player to do iCS from guard besides CPU. Actually correction, I have met one Ivy player, and he was from JPN. We had a pretty good connection, surprisingly. But anyway, the situation was, I 214b on block, and all you see is iCS come out after.
No step no nothing.
I asked how did he do that?
And he replied saying he uses a programable stick, but he also mentioned that there is a way to do it on d-pad.
He said, he can get it iCS constanly through guard, but he is inputting 282874666 b+g. I personally don't have a stick so I cant actually try it.
Now as it goes for buffering iCS through guard on d-pad, he said to practice doing 2828 on analog, but then do 4666 on d-pad. Like wtf? Is that even possible? Who can do 2828 on analog?

No, his method isn't as good as others.

Try the method in which you hold 8 on the analog, then press 22 on the d-pad. Now, move the analog in this motion from 8 to 4 like 874, then 666 on the d-pad.

My best way of getting iCS.

No, his method isn't as good as others.

Try the method in which you hold 8 on the analog, then press 22 on the d-pad. Now, move the analog in this motion from 8 to 4 like 874, then 666 on the d-pad.

My best way of getting iCS.

With this method, can you get iCS without moving?

lol I suck at iCS , but I've managed to get it doing 8 on the analog, then press 22 on the d-pad. Now, move the analog in this motion from 8 to 4 like 874, then 666 on the d-pad with a 4 flick on stick before last 6, kinda like 46 motion

that did iCS without step

I think I have discovered the secret to buffering iCS (well, sort of buffering).

what you gotta do is buffer it as she is recovering, not while the move is performed. For example, A+B is an easy one. Buffer it as fast as you can while she is rising from her crouching position. Voila! iCS.

Sorry if it has already been noticed but spamming iCS has never been so much fun :D

I dunno if this is handy for you guys I like doing it on good days, you can pull of iCS from a sidestep without the stepforward

I literally buffered it like I do with B CS
basically what I had done was 1B BE, 22 then iCS input and it came out as iCS after the step.

Terrible quality, but you can see what's going on.

This only seems to work with the legitimate method of inputing 2828. She will do a side step and you can buffer the rest w/o making her do a forward dash.

I can input iCS then do a quick 2 or 8. Still a legit sidestep iCS? lol.
I said that might theoretically work, but in reality that doesn't work unless you have a programmable hardware.

The input of iCS has a 40 frame window limit, and a full SS is 20 frames. So unless someone can actually manage to do 282846662_8 in less 20 frames (not humanly possible imo) it's not really possible.

I'm surprised I never really see iCS being buffered from a sidestep. Generally, her A grabs don't scare me (unless I have little enough health or she's at the ring edge) so I'll always be prepared to break B, but when mixed up with a side grab there's a possibility of taking 65 dmg for expecting the iCS. Or worse, eating iCS after being conditioned to break A after her sidestep.

...Also, the number of Ivy avatars on this page genuinely terrifies me a little.

There's always Summon Suffering, 65dmg (or 81dmg with clean hit) but yea, generally it's better to step and use side throw.

iCS from side step is almost impossible to do, but CS from sidestep is very easy.

Back