iCS/CS and SS information

Even messing with this a bit more.

I can't pull it off, but maybe its my execution. Can someone see if they can make something like 4K (start buffering 2828) -> blocked -> hold G to block BB (buffer in 4666) -> B+G work? This would be GOLDEN if it did work (if we didn't get enough gold as is) .

PS.
Hmm, may have found out why it doesn't work. Apparently, the game doesn't like 6 and G at the same time. By the time you get to 6, you should not be holding G anymore.

Ah well, again, if anyone can prove me wrong I'm all ears.

PS.2

Tried 44A (buffer CS directional) -> blocked -> 6 B+G. Doesn't work either. Too long apparently. But, B+G immediately does work.

this technically makes it easier to JG into CS.
By the way I just learned to consistently JG using the xboxcontroller LOL
horray!

What a great day this is.

According to link, buffer CS in first THEN step. After the last 6, and assuming you inputted it quickly enough, you should have enough time to press 88 or 22 then B+G -- the grab should still come out.

So if i understand right it would be 2828422666+B+G ?

The golden rule here is that the direction inputs must be intact (for the most part). However, you can add a lot of things before and/or after the CS directions buffer.

This input sounds so lenient, yet I still have mange to pull it off once. Just plain old CS T_T.

This input sounds so lenient, yet I still have mange to pull it off once. Just plain old CS T_T.
They're talking about plain old CS. iCS is very strict on its inputs. You've got 5 frames per input on that one.

Even messing with this a bit more.

I can't pull it off, but maybe its my execution. Can someone see if they can make something like 4K (start buffering 2828) -> blocked -> hold G to block BB (buffer in 4666) -> B+G work? This would be GOLDEN if it did work (if we didn't get enough gold as is) .

PS.
Hmm, may have found out why it doesn't work. Apparently, the game doesn't like 6 and G at the same time. By the time you get to 6, you should not be holding G anymore.

Ah well, again, if anyone can prove me wrong I'm all ears.

PS.2

Tried 44A (buffer CS directional) -> blocked -> 6 B+G. Doesn't work either. Too long apparently. But, B+G immediately does work.

Wow great!!!

Any gimmick that is out of the norm is a good thing -- if for nothing else but the mindgame. No harm in trying it out.

I will give these a shot. Looks fun!

EDIT: Lol, this is hilarious, and maybe even practical.

So input CS, then 214A/4B+K like Ring mentioned, or even something simple like B. Cancel using B+G, or hit confirm then B+G respectively. CS STILL comes out!

This is really cool. I can BB -> CS buffer -> 4B -> B+G (CS).

Edit 2: Okay, messed with this a bit more. There is definitely some viability here. It's made even easier since G is a higher priority than B. Therefore, pressing B+G can be used to cancel something and directly throw at the same time! For instance:

CS Buffer -> G -> B+G (CS)
CS Buffer -> a_b_kB+G(CS)

Going into even more depth, you technically should buffer in CS whenever possible and simply option select depending on hit confirm. For instance, and assuming the opponent doesn't duck:

BB (buffer CS) -> blocked -> G
BB (buffer CS) -> hit -> either B -> CS OR direct into CS.

The following instance may be situational, but not ideal for competitive play:

BB (buffer CS) -> 4K -> B+G while in middle-end frames of 4K.

This is because you can't hit confirm it. The long buffer period of CS has to end somewhere before the game stops recognizing the move. If you wait until hit confirming 4K, CS will not come out. However, if you press B+G while in the middle-end of 4K, CS will come out right after, but if 4K's blocked, you're asking for punishment.

Long story short, buffer CS to fast move then throw or buffer CS to cancel is perfectly competitive IMO.

didn't seem to work for me, so you can store the input, then press B+G after G to use CS?

You guys might think I'm crazy, but ever since I read that you can put the 214a into this move I actually hit it a lot...without use of the stick...maybe that little extra time between the 6 and the B+G is the difference?

Couple things I found...

Input CS directions, then B, then B+G works (make sure to wait for B+G, so BB doesn't come out)
Input CS directions, then 2K or 2A, then B+G works
Input CS directions, then tap G, then B+G to possibly JG and punish with CS (worked for me once against CPU)

And, Ivy says "Hahaha, lay still now" during an iCS
And an iCS from the back hurts 94

Back