iCS/CS and SS information

That's normal CS with Clean Hit.

The Cow is trying to deceive us =P

You guys might think I'm crazy, but ever since I read that you can put the 214a into this move I actually hit it a lot...without use of the stick...maybe that little extra time between the 6 and the B+G is the difference?

I hate the fact that I am on Duty today (I'm in the US Navy), coz I can't go home to give this a try! This discovery is just epic, and totally changes how we play SCV Ivy!

I don't know if it was mentioned before, or how useful it may be to anyone, but I have been able to get a quick CS after a GI with an occasional clean hit. I don't think this is guaranteed unless you would be able to pull CS out before they could duck. Might be a good mixup from GI at least. Great damage from a clean hit CS off of a GI is nice. Maybe someone can do more with this than I can, just thought I would share.

I'm having a difficult time doing all of these new CS setups, Sora. Amazing finds, but man, they're hard.

Practice is everything, my friend... I remember back in the SCII days when I was like "Man, I'll never be able to pull of the CS..." After a couple of days of practice, I was pulling off Flaming CS's like a pro, and had a blast breaking it out in different set-ups on the fly... It takes time, but it's usually worth it...

Couple things I found...

Input CS directions, then B, then B+G works (make sure to wait for B+G, so BB doesn't come out)
Input CS directions, then 2K or 2A, then B+G works
Input CS directions, then tap G, then B+G to possibly JG and punish with CS (worked for me once against CPU)

And, Ivy says "Hahaha, lay still now" during an iCS
And an iCS from the back hurts 94

Ok thanks for this! This is an awesome find IMO. I think this is one of the coolest new toys to play with CS, and I've had high success doing all of these except for the JG into CS. Although I'm getting better at getting a faster CS after a GI.

I've started to buffer CS into while rising animation like I was able to do in SCII and SCIII. I'm glad to see this is still possible too. Now to see if Link or someone can still do it after a jump to avoid a low or a throw.

Haven't been fully used to the new setups yet either. I'm trying to get to a point where any poke I do out has an option select to go into CS -- at the very least seem to create that threat.

Need to get back exclusively using Ivy for a while.

I'm getting to where I can consistently do CS while standing and after a CH 6[A] (Thank you Link for this awesome setup) but I'm still not able to buffer it quickly during attack strings, like B,B or A,A.

Practice makes perfect though.

EDIT: Went to training mode for a bit, found that 22A8284666 > G > B+G works. It's grwat because 22_88A seems to be safe, so this is easy to setup.

The game doesn't care about inputs it seems... Analog/stick users: 282-3698741236-66 B+G...so much easy not dealling with the triple 6...sorry if posted already

The game doesn't care about inputs it seems... Analog/stick users: 282-3698741236-66 B+G...so much easy not dealling with the triple 6...sorry if posted already

I'm gonna have to try this. If you're saying this is reliable it could possibly be easier for me to use this way than 2x circles then 666 B+G. I'm sure there is a suitable shortcut for users of the analog/stick. I have had fairly good results using the 2 circles method, but I am thinking this may be better once I practice a bit with it. I'll let you know either way.

282874123666B+G and 282874~666B+G both work well for me, I'm not sure which one is better at this point. I dont have the new notation worked into my muscle memory yet so we will see.

I feel like the faster I do it the harder it is, but when I just normally buffer it then it comes out perfectly. I'd love for some frame testing to see whats up with this move. I want to just make an educated guess and say you only have 4-5 frames between each input at the most. I miss the input buffering from SC2, you could literally smoke a cigarette in between each input.

I really hate the 2828 part and since you cant seem to shortcut by 3737 its a pain to fastest input on pad. Some things about Ivy I wish they just leave alone.

With that said being able to clutch out CS levels up Ivy tremendously so if you cant do it you Ivy is going to be seriously lacking. Your opponent has literally no incentive to duck with her 1B BE, 22B_BE, WC 1B..etc they should be standing all the time. I still need some new buffers, I'm still buffering out of 4A+B, A+B and B~K like its 2003.

I've been having much, MUCH, better success with 282369874666, faster than doing two circles and easier than direct input. I still can't get an iCS but I really don't care about it that much, the normal version works perfectly fine for me.

Yikes. That way is easy.

I also think theres needs to be a study on the way this move works, because apparently iafter inputting the last 6 the command is "locked" to activate CS as long as you mash B+G directly after what you do. This is very interesting.

I've 28284666 [214A~G]~B+G *mash* and did the unblockable feint into flaming CS
I've 28284666 [kB]~B+G *mash* and got stomp > CS

hmmm..time to test. Be back...

Was there ever a time when he messed up? It's possible he had a programmable controller if he did it flawlessly every time. If not, i want to know his technique!

It's not possible to do it without any movement, unless you buffer it. If someone does that from neutral like CPU, it becomes pretty obvious there must be a "cheat" involved.

I hate how the CPU just whips out iCS like that... Makes me feel like a noob by comparison. But if you look at the iCS demo in the movelist it seems like the CPU taps G somewhere in iCS to keep from moving. That's the only way I can think that this guy was doing it if he was not cheating.

Back