iCS/CS and SS information

So still hating this motion (haven't kicked any babies yet, but equip ur orphans with helmets just incase). Are people having better success with pad or stick for this? I may do pad ivy this go around if so...but I have xbox this time and till I have a need to purchase a ps2 converter the xbox pad is not gonna happen (standards and what not...mmmmmyes). So thoughts? Even when I do it on stick, the motion is still a rage fit of telegraphing clicks and obviousness. Help meeeeeee we have an ivyless IFB till this is down!

So still hating this motion (haven't kicked any babies yet, but equip ur orphans with helmets just incase). Are people having better success with pad or stick for this? I may do pad ivy this go around if so...but I have xbox this time and till I have a need to purchase a ps2 converter the xbox pad is not gonna happen (standards and what not...mmmmmyes). So thoughts? Even when I do it on stick, the motion is still a rage fit of telegraphing clicks and obviousness. Help meeeeeee we have an ivyless IFB till this is down!

I'm doing pretty well with a stick on CS... I haven't gotten iCS yet though.

For dealing with the stick noise I do (or at least try to):
1) Don't throw the stick all the way, this way you've only got the click of the switch and not the hit on the side of the stick as well.
2) Move the stick around a lot so its always clicking. Its also useful to try and buffer CS out of everything but only use it when you think it'll hit... that way once you get good at buffering it your opponent will likely get scared of CS and start ducking.

For the moment I'm using analog stick on OEM 360 controllers. I can use either the D-pad or analog but find myself using analog simply because it ends up being more reliable for me. I am using 2 360's, ending at 4 then putting 666 grab in. I've also tried the 2828369874666 grab "shortcut" I'm having very reliable normal CS with little if ANY ICS. Hope that helps some.

I've found myself at a crossroad, do I want to keep practicing on the controller, or do I want to move forward with either a hitbox or arcade stick? Either way I share your frustration with this new input.

I'd like to try the CS on a hitbox... I bet after a little practice you'd be able to do it really quickly. I just wish the hitboxes were dual modded...

I got a strange way inputting CS, but it's really reliable. After practising approximately 10 hours I finally capable of doing CS constantly at will and about 20% of my CS inputs turn out to do be iCS. For some strange reasons I was never able to do iCS after buffering it during a move. Is iCS not bufferable? I use the D-pad and the analog stick of the X-box controller alternately.
My CS-input works like this:
2(pad)8(stick)2(pad)874(stick)666(pad)
Due to the way of my input I can't use the A-button for G so I mapped it on LT. I hope this helps somebody^^

That^ method kinda helped me. But I'm beginning to think fastest input isn't the only thing needed to get iCS. It doesn't matter how fast I do CS, it only comes every once in a while. Here's my thought process: I've never seen iCS buffered, so I don't think it can be. I also think it can't be buffered if Ivy enters an 8wayrun animation. Therefore, in order to do iCS, you need to perform it in such a way that Ivy has minimal movement (in addition to being super fast).
Just a thought... I don't actually know how to test it...

I've never seen iCS buffered, so I don't think it can be.
Uhm, Ring posted a video earlier in the thread where he showed an iCS buffered during a CH 6[A] animation, if I'm not mistaken...
edit: Now, he at least did 2828, and maybe 4. I don't know if you guys are talking about entering ALL the directions during the animation or just the tricky part...

I meant the full input. I'm certain the full iCS motion cannot be buffered, because i recorded an 6[B+K] and an iCS and the dummy just did a CS after 6[B+K] and I think Kinetic is correct that you need to
perform it in such a way that Ivy has minimal movement (in addition to being super fast)
, cuz I just tried inputting the directions during block and releasing block right before the B+G (don't press the last 6 and B+G simultaneously) and I did iCS like 80% of my tries. Don't know if I'm just lucky or if this really is a reliable method to perform iCS. Could somebody test this out?
The notation would be like this:
[G]28284666]G[B+G
]G[= unhold G (didn't find a notation in the basic notation and terminology thread for my purpose)

WOOOHOO!
I'm finally getting the hang of CSs now after practicing for days, even managed a couple of clean CS.

I think accuracy is a lot more important than speed

The faster I try to do it, the more extra directions pop out so I get inputs like this which are clearly wrong
:2::8::2::3: :8::9::8: :6::3::2::1::4::7::7: :B+G:

When I intentionally tried to slow down my pace, I can get much cleaner inputs
:2::8::2::8::9::6::4::4::4::B+G:
that got me a clean CS with 93 damage, even though there's an extra 9 in there

I play with stick BTW, my trusty Datel/Mayflash modified with sanwa jlf and buttons

hey, pulling CS every time and can buffer it easy but i really get iCS super rare nearly never lol, is it possible to be done spam as before on ps3 controller or must i buy a stick? if thats the case i will buy,but namco is getting coy ...pulling cs easy on couple of ways mix pad and analog and can do only analog wanted to ask to continue train with normal ps3 controller or just buy arcade stick :) ? tnx

i cant wait to be able to spam iCS as before normal CS 95% of the time really makes me feel as a noob plus ivy is so shaved of combos i guess because its NEARLY like all in one state ,well crouching and turned back are a kind of states , but is like sense her sword broke in her ending SC4 she become more good(as a person ) and slightly more slow , less stuns , she still has her advantages but seem more like that they wanted to take the critiques off there backs (the ones who aways complain ivy is overpowered and the ring is not enough for her whips ect.) i still love her ...IVY FOREVER!!! but have a feeling she will be back for real in soul calibur 6 xD feels is like im playing astaroth slightly more faster...Anyways i really hope you can spam iCS on normal ps3 controller ... if no will buy the bloody arcade stick but i hate the idea xD although is not a waste sense you can use it for MK or Tekken also but still feel like i have to pay 151£ so i can iCS ...GL all :)

I can do it perfectly about 30 percent of the time. i just use both of my thumbs on the d pad and set my L2 button to b+g to make it work. I have to use the thumb stick on xbox to do it though. Haven't caught anyone with it though, lol.

Yeah being able to CS is one thing, but catching people with it is something else
just think of it as another variant of guard/throw mindgames except it does a lot more damage and the guy you're playing against will probably notice when you suddenly place both your thumbs on dpad...

I think the general strategy is to buffer it during certain moves like A+B where the opponent is condititioned to guard and wait

I can almost say for certainty that what Ring said is true. That the first part of the input (28284, or in my case: 282874) has to be done fast for iCS to work. Today I managed to pull it off 4 times in online fights.
edit: Still not a sight of the ideal iCS+Clean Hit combination. xD Must be because I still don't know what produces a Clean Hit. :sc2ivy1:

is more like clean hits land more easy if you execute on the right moment that you have exact time for it and in a way with some split second time advantage ... but can be random .Still hard to pull iCS aways have normal CS :/, play player 1 normally and pull iCs more often player 2 how freaky ... CS is really cake after a few days of training but iCS is so nasty lol, would be nice if someone post a video with hand thumb+input and ps3 controller for iCS spam xD Would be Great ! GL all

Back