iCS/CS and SS information

Can anybody help me with a better set up for CS? I find that I get most people by buffering it out of 1a or just throwing it out randomly...I ALWAYS end up getting smacked in the face when trying to do it out of anything else like 2A+B or A+B...damn I miss SCIV's 6A into CS because at the very least if they ducked you got a CL 3b out of it...I need serious help with this...I have all but thrown iCS out the window...

After plenty of time in the lab, I am able to use my CS without any extra steps before it fires. I think everyone so far has their own variation of how exactly to use CS, some more beneficial than others if you were hoping for an ICS. I haven't seen any ICS myself yet, but I am seeing quite a lot of clean hit CS.

I don't know if this is relevant or not but until I was able to use CS without any extra steps before the CS animation began, I was not seeing nearly as many clean hits on it. ICS may be more damage but I am inclined to agree with those of you saying it may not be "worth it" over reliable normal CS snuck in at the right time. In theory if you could always opt for an ICS over normal then it would be pointless to use anything else. I'll stick with my current method until I can get to the lab with one of you other Ivy guru's.

If anyone wants to practice or play on XBL with me send me a PM! Never hurts to see other players techniques.

I've landed it maybe 5 times total online and once or twice in local matches. It takes a lot of effort though, so it's way too hard to do when I feel like playing lazily. It's far from consistent, the 666 part always gives me trouble.

For anyone who uses Xbox controllers and still cares about doing iCS, here is my newest most reliable (for me) input method:

Hold 2 with analog, push 88 with d-pad, switch 4 with analog, push 66 with d-pad, then end with 6B+G
Works best on left side and comes out super fast if you can get used to it. Make sure you aren't trying to buffer it.

I've also learned that you can run pretty far before pushing B+G to preform CS. Not exactly sure how, I can just do it when I need to, lol.

Did anyone post the 1B BE buffer? Works great, i think. CS-CS buffer too (start analog-hold inpiut after Ivy says: "...sinner"). I also find 4A+B buffer pretty interesting cuz the opponent will wait for the following B attack.
How about some noble moderator to collect all the ideas and place them in the first post, btw? :)
I use analog hold method (thanks for the idea!).

Next week I will meet Daishi. I will ask him about iCS and why is it so hard in this game.

Something must be done about this command throw. I think we all agree. I will tell him that not only it's way to difficult, it has a random reward (clean hit) and it builds a lot of opponents critical gauge meter. Most people agree it's not even worth trying.

Next week I will meet Daishi. I will ask him about iCS and why is it so hard in this game.

Something must be done about this command throw. I think we all agree. I will tell him that not only it's way to difficult, it has a random reward (clean hit) and it builds a lot of opponents critical gauge meter. Most people agree it's not even worth trying.

off topic: Ring your Sig is crazy!!

Nice. A one on one meeting? What other Ivy topics are you planning on bringing up? 3[A] I'm sure ;)

No, there will be some other people. I still don't know what else should I talk to him about Ivy.

Also, 3[A] has already been taken care of. Just wait now.

I'm really worried they will nerf Ivy, because some people have a lot of success with her. Please don't convince them to take out iCS because I'm actually starting to get it now. I would definitely ask about SS, since it hardly seems worth it. Also, CE... Those seem to be the only things really wrong with her (including iCS and 3[A]).

Don't worry, they do not nerf a character based on tournament results.

There are many things wrong with Ivy. Also, it's not about taking out iCS, but making balancing it better.

Hitbox user here. Was able to complete iCS once. The timing was ridiculously tight. Make sure that you press just enough 6's (3), and the final 6 must be together w/ B+G, ugh.

For anyone who uses Xbox controllers and still cares about doing iCS, here is my newest most reliable (for me) input method:

Hold 2 with analog, push 88 with d-pad, switch 4 with analog, push 66 with d-pad, then end with 6B+G
Works best on left side and comes out super fast if you can get used to it. Make sure you aren't trying to buffer it.

I tried using your method with the PS3 Pad, and I can say I am able to get iCS half the time I complete the motion correctly. Btw to me this technique feels extremely unconfortable, and a CS/iCS come out only every 3-4 tries lol.

My technique to get CS is holding down the 2 with the analog, and input 884666 on the pad...it works great but I never got the just frame version this way =(

No, there will be some other people. I still don't know what else should I talk to him about Ivy.

Also, 3[A] has already been taken care of. Just wait now.

That's a great news :D I'll finally have a reason to use this move lol

Ring ask about fixxing SS as well, better base damage and a smaller break window and all command throws unbreakable from behind.

Don't worry, they do not nerf a character based on tournament results.

There are many things wrong with Ivy. Also, it's not about taking out iCS, but making balancing it better.
Please ask him to make it in a bigger time frame, what we got now is ridiculous maybe 40 frames or so will do

Back