iCS/CS and SS information

Hey sora... are you finally putting that pre-buffer into use yet?
I keep putting it off, but I bet there's a string that would work with the CS prebuffer.

that BB-->prebuffer-->k, CS looks promising

Yes and no. I find that this version of the pre-buffer is risky especially if they block the attack (not enough time to hit confirm).

However, I'm more than using step-CS now. I feel like I'm pro. Lol!

What moves are good to buffer before you do step-CS?
I feel like it's quite risky...
probably the best time to do that is after 6{A} connecting.

i wish they kept cs the same as in sc 4 it was alot more fluid in the motion, and i miss the whip when she grabs you :(

I'm able to do iCS quite often now.. But what I wanna know does the last 6+B+G have to be pressed together or it must have a little delay cause i can't tell because it's so fast...

Been practicing CS for a couple of hours now. I feel I can get the input in regularly, rarely precise, often with garbage directions, but as far as I understand those shouldn't matter much.
The CS however, doesn't come out very often. And I simply don't understand why that is. I'm certain that I do it fast enough, and I can check on the inputs on the screen that they're all there (talking regular CS, not iCS here).
I cannot find any pattern in the inputs that holds for every success I have. I'm sure some of my successes have had slower input than some of my failures, and I can see right there on the screen that I sometimes input the exact buttons needed (and I know I do it fast enough) without the CS coming out.

Have any of you noticed some point of the input that is especially important to get more precise than the others? I think my failings have to do with the last B+G part. I noticed someone on this thread mentioned it was better to input 6666B+G instead of only 666B+G as the last part. I think I may have more success here as well. Not sure though.

Also I don't understand why you say it has good range. Maybe this is part of why I'm failing, because I feel I'm standing quite close and it still misses. For example against training dummy in 'Guard All' mode I input A+BA to close in, and then input the move while the A+BA move animation finishes. But the A+BA move will often push the dummy so far back that my throw misses. But then again, maybe I fail to get the CS and instead just do a regular B+G throw with lesser range, which is why it misses.

Also. Can anyone explain the buffer window system for this move? I know you say you're supposed to input the move while another move is still executing. So that's what I'm trying to do. I can make it work from A+BA, AA, BB and 1A. Possibly others. None of these are very regular though. Only 20% success rate or such at maximum. Exactly _when_ can you begin to buffer the directions? For example if I press A+BA I begin buffering the directions _as fast as I can_ after the last A press. Are you supposed to wait some time, or what?

Well, I'm probably not the first one getting frustrated about this move. Maybe I'll get there in time. Have been able to make it work against the CPU a couple of times, but it frustrates me that I don't know why it fails when it does.

I'm able to do iCS quite often now.. But what I wanna know does the last 6+B+G have to be pressed together or it must have a little delay cause i can't tell because it's so fast...

Mind telling me how in the world you pull it off?

Mind telling me how in the world you pull it off?

Also I don't understand why you say it has good range. Maybe this is part of why I'm failing, because I feel I'm standing quite close and it still misses. For example against training dummy in 'Guard All' mode I input A+BA to close in, and then input the move while the A+BA move animation finishes. But the A+BA move will often push the dummy so far back that my throw misses. But then again, maybe I fail to get the CS and instead just do a regular B+G throw with lesser range, which is why it misses.
It has insanely good range compared to regular throws, and it will normally catch your opponent off a A+B,A buffer... What you are witnessing when you miss is your regular B+G throw, and you can tell by Ivy's animation - she reaches further back and swipes forward much faster than her regular throws... Personally, I miss Ivy's old CS starting animation, where she entangles you with a whip of her sword...

Daishi said they won't make iCS easier. He also mentioned that when he tries to do it, he gets it maybe once in two hours of continuous trying.

After the patch CS will be stronger actually, it will have an increased clean hit rate and it will build less of opponent's meter. CE will also be fixed, faster, more damage (100) and they fixed the glitch where some characters could avoid it with TC moves.

Daishi said they won't make iCS easier. He also mentioned that when he tries to do it, he gets it maybe once in two hours of continuous trying.

After the patch CS will be stronger actually, it will have an increased clean hit rate and it will build less of opponent's meter. CE will also be fixed, faster, more damage (100) and they fixed the glitch where some characters could avoid it with TC moves.

Daishi is a masochist then. =o

Where the hell are you getting all this information?!

Where the hell are you getting all this information?!
From Daishi. I actually got lost with him, Utoh-San and Hayato on Saturday evening in London ;) Utoh-san (the same man who was with Daishi at NEC, he also works in Project Soul, he knows everything about the game and was there as a translator for Daishi) was extremely awesome and friendly, patiently answering all my questions, I was able to get a lot of information about the patch, how they do balancing etc.

I also beat Daishi 5:0 with Ivy =P I just hope he now won't think that Ivy is broken, haha.

That was by far the best SC event I had in my life.

Awesome Ring. Although there is one thing I hope this patch will bring and it is that epic laugh. I told Daishi about it at NEC and and he said to me "really people want that back".

From Daishi. I actually got lost with him, Utoh-San and Hayato on Saturday evening in London ;) Utoh-san (the same man who was with Daishi at NEC, he also works in Project Soul, he knows everything about the game and was there as a translator for Daishi) was extremely awesome and friendly, patiently answering all my questions, I was able to get a lot of information about the patch, how they do balancing etc.

I also beat Daishi 5:0 with Ivy =P I just hope he now won't think that Ivy is broken, haha.

That was by far the best SC event I had in my life.

OMG IVY IS TOP TIER WTFFXORS NERRFFF!!!

*cough*

Glad you had fun. =)

seems like an impractical move, then.
Whatever, CS is so lenient these days it makes up for the lack of iCS in many ways.

Back