If Soul Calibur characters are in a regular weapon fight, no magic and all that

There's always Sophitia and Cassandra to stand in for Pyrrha, they are better fighters too.

Nightmare, Siegfried, and Hilde wear armor, so Cervantes' and Ezio's projectiles might not be too effective against them. Can simple crossbow shots penetrate solid metal? I know there are some arrows that can penetrate metal armor if designed right. How strong are flintlock gunshots vs metal armor?

Aeon would destroy everyone on account of being a giant lizard man. He'd catch Sieg's sword and throw him around like a ragdoll.

If Asta the golem is allowed in then Aeon is as well.

There's always Sophitia and Cassandra to stand in for Pyrrha, they are better fighters too.

Nightmare, Siegfried, and Hilde wear armor, so Cervantes' and Ezio's projectiles might not be too effective against them. Can simple crossbow shots penetrate solid metal? I know there are some arrows that can penetrate metal armor if designed right. How strong are flintlock gunshots vs metal armor?
Crossbow bolts can go through armor

What about the following: Maxi's nunchucks, Kilik's staff, Xianghua's Jian, Seung Mi-Na Guan Dao, Setsuka's iaido, Zasalamel's scythe, Tira's blade ring, Talim's Tonfas or Ivy's whip sword (assuming there's actually a thing)

What about the following: Maxi's nunchucks, Kilik's staff, Xianghua's Jian, Seung Mi-Na Guan Dao, Setsuka's iaido, Zasalamel's scythe, Tira's blade ring, Talim's Tonfas or Ivy's whip sword (assuming there's actually a thing)
Talim & Tira can kill themselves with their weapons.

Every character could do that, Yoshi even does, on occasion.
You do not understand...
What I meant is that their weapons are so impractical that wielding them is tantamount to suicide.

Tira's weapon is bladed on the inside and the out. She would take more than the chip damage she takes in the game.

Talim's tonfa-based elbow blades have their sharp ends pointing towards her own body and in the game she spins into her body. The blades are long enough to reach past her elbows. She would no doubt injure herself in a realistic setting.

Last edited:
But they're skilled enough to not be cut by their own weapons, most likely Tiras ringblade has a hollow-ground edge inside, you can hold a sharp edge and not get cut, so long as the point of contact doesn't slide, what essentially happens is this
cool_optical_illusion_02.gif

But they're skilled enough to not be cut by their own weapons, most likely Tiras ringblade has a hollow-ground edge inside, you can hold a sharp edge and not get cut, so long as the point of contact doesn't slide, what essentially happens is this
cool_optical_illusion_02.gif

That gif has always bothered me.

Alright... I'm probably going to ramble here quite a bit.... But if we set all the characters and their fighting styles into our real world, into the real time period and places (which SC mostly does), some characters and fighting styles would be impossible anyway. Like, Astaroth... Um.... I don't think that would be possible, right? I mean him even existing. And swinging that giant of a weapon? Um... No. When it all boils down, I'm pretty sure that Siegfried with a real zweihander (like the SCV Flamberge), Mitsurugi and Kilik with his staff are the most skilled and powerful characters that are perfectly possible in real life. Yes, Siegfried's power in the earlier games usually comes from Soul Calibur, but in SCV he hasn't got it anymore and uses a zweihander sword and style (again, with a realistic sword, not freaking Requiem). I know I'm leaving out some realistic styles out, but I think that Sieg, with his skill, power and zweihander and Mitsurugi with his skill, experience and katana would in real life be the best. And if you try to bring up the "who's stronger" debate for Sieg vs. Mitsurugi, I think in real life they would never even encounter each oter, since they are quite far from each other. And if you look into history, when do you see samurais fighting german knights? And if they ever actually encountered and fought.... It would all depend on their skill and weapons. My bet would be on Sieg, because..... Well... Bias, I guess. Zweihander is a more brutal weapon with more reach. Realistically, Sieg usually wears full metal armor or at least chainmail, and Mitsu usually just ordinary clothes with a chest plate. So if Mitsu was to defeat Sieg, he would have to dodge or block/parry his zweihander blows (could he even do that with a katana?) and somehow get through his armor, without much power or reach.... Well, uuuuugh! This is really messing with my mind, so I'll leave it for now. Besides.... I shouldn't have even wrote this, because inevitably there will be someone immediatelly telling me that I'm saying bullshit.

Aren't katanas supposedly brittle against armour? If so, Mitsurugi probably wouldn't stand a chance against Siegfried.
I think Siegfried would be a good contender in a realistic fight. Perhaps Sophitia and Cassandra too, if their shields can sustain Zweihander's blows - especially Cassandra (she seems to be faster, more nimble and agressive) - if she managed to repel an attack, she would be able to quickly attack Siegfried's head before he gets the chance to strike again.
Rock would probably beat her, though it depends on on how durable her shield is.
Voldo would probably fare poorly, but if he is as agile as he is in the game, that would give him some advantage, especially against short-range warriors.
For whatever reason, I think Hilde wouldn't do well either.

Back