If Soul Calibur characters are in a regular weapon fight, no magic and all that

Katanas have been proven to be unable to cut through chainmail.
Shields realistically, especially of Cassandra's and Sophie's build, would get knocked aside easy...plus neither of them have any actual combat prowess.

Voldo has years of experience...especially in assassination...

Hilde actually has some combat experance and actually wears full armour...

Alright... I'm probably going to ramble here quite a bit.... But if we set all the characters and their fighting styles into our real world, into the real time period and places (which SC mostly does), some characters and fighting styles would be impossible anyway. Like, Astaroth... Um.... I don't think that would be possible, right? I mean him even existing. And swinging that giant of a weapon? Um... No. When it all boils down, I'm pretty sure that Siegfried with a real zweihander (like the SCV Flamberge), Mitsurugi and Kilik with his staff are the most skilled and powerful characters that are perfectly possible in real life. Yes, Siegfried's power in the earlier games usually comes from Soul Calibur, but in SCV he hasn't got it anymore and uses a zweihander sword and style (again, with a realistic sword, not freaking Requiem). I know I'm leaving out some realistic styles out, but I think that Sieg, with his skill, power and zweihander and Mitsurugi with his skill, experience and katana would in real life be the best. And if you try to bring up the "who's stronger" debate for Sieg vs. Mitsurugi, I think in real life they would never even encounter each oter, since they are quite far from each other. And if you look into history, when do you see samurais fighting german knights? And if they ever actually encountered and fought.... It would all depend on their skill and weapons. My bet would be on Sieg, because..... Well... Bias, I guess. Zweihander is a more brutal weapon with more reach. Realistically, Sieg usually wears full metal armor or at least chainmail, and Mitsu usually just ordinary clothes with a chest plate. So if Mitsu was to defeat Sieg, he would have to dodge or block/parry his zweihander blows (could he even do that with a katana?) and somehow get through his armor, without much power or reach.... Well, uuuuugh! This is really messing with my mind, so I'll leave it for now. Besides.... I shouldn't have even wrote this, because inevitably there will be someone immediatelly telling me that I'm saying bullshit.

you're missing the title...time period etc etc got nothing to do with the debate.
Asta is a machine...so swinging that big of an axe is completely feasible...he wasn't made with magic but with science.
because people use the most realistic weapons...or are skilled...doesn't necessarily make them the strongest characters in real life.
Siegfried was wielding the faust at the age of 18...so his power coming from Soul Calibur is nonsense...especially since it wasn't his main weapon till SC4.
as I've mentioned before...it's been proven that Katana's cannot cut through chainmail, let alone cuirasses...and samurai's amours wasn't exactly the best in that period...no matter how skilled Mitsu would have been Sieg outguns him.

Because each little circle is going in a straight line. Pay attention to the middle circle and notice its just moving up and down. The other circles are doing the same thing only in different angles. Its cool but it frustrates me at the same time.

Anyway,

If it came to a "real" fight anyone with ACTUAL combat experience would have a chance to win. People have holy weapons and shit like that would be dead meat. Especially if some of these magic users think its okay to fucking fight shirtless and with a stupid ass coat. That wolf is gunna be able to block every kunai that fucking ninjas throw or whatever it is they use.

Because each little circle is going in a straight line. Pay attention to the middle circle and notice its just moving up and down. The other circles are doing the same thing only in different angles. Its cool but it frustrates me at the same time.

Anyway,

If it came to a "real" fight anyone with ACTUAL combat experience would have a chance to win. People have holy weapons and shit like that would be dead meat. Especially if some of these magic users think its okay to fucking fight shirtless and with a stupid ass coat. That wolf is gunna be able to block every kunai that fucking ninjas throw or whatever it is they use.

lol I know that's why I submitted it...

well the point of the title is "regular weapon fight & no magic" so realistically yes holy weapon users would be dead meat and ZWEI would be even shittier than he is in-game.
A Samurai could have all the skill or combat experience in the world...but it's not going to help him/her cut through chainmail or armour...they're tested against bamboo which apparently has the same resistance as human bone, they are NOT tested again European Steel...so practically even Hilde could beat Mitsurugi.

I can't see how Voldo's weapon would be pratical, though. I mean the way he holds the blades as he rotates his wrists (in his idle stance), that just looks weird.
What about bonus characters - even Zwei could destory Demuth, for example!
Also, talking about holy warriors, isn't Cassandra independent of the powers of Hephaestus? I know she says: ''Hephaestus's power sure comes in handy in times like these.'' in SCIII, but this seems more like an exceptional instance of his help, and I think she generally doesn't rely on it to smack her opponents. I could be mistaken, though.

being able to move your wrists grants you extra mobility and cutting power...
well yh when you got a fat guy who just has a large fan...he's gonna get rekt by a young more physically fitter man with a sword.

well...look at Pyrrha...she zero fighting prowess and the holy power of her mothers sword and shield is the only thing that's kept her alive...if not for that she'd probably be dead...Patroklos is only one of the Greek family that actually has legit combat prowess, having been a part of Dumas' army aswell as having trained under Setsuka

Back