If there was a Soul Calibur VI, prequel/sequel/reboot/retcon?

Well, they could fix that in a new game. Make them tiny external files, as if they were little bits of player-made DLC. Then, your only limit is your console's memory capacity.
Would also make the *shudder* social aspect of CaS better, with files that can be shared. o3o After all, PS4 wants to be more "socially integrated" anyway. >_>

Would also make the *shudder* social aspect of CaS better, with files that can be shared. o3o After all, PS4 wants to be more "socially integrated" anyway. >_>

Pretty much. It would at least turn it from

"OMG cool CaS formula plz"
"*sigh* one moment..."

to

"OMG cool CaS! *downloads*"

Overall, an improvement.

I've never liked the idea of downloading or even copying someone else's CAS.

It's not even "Oh, they worked so hard on it and it's their work and you stole it you COPIER"
It's just uncreative and, well, lazy. Instead of making your own character just download someone else's! Plus if any one got particularly popular I fear there will be millions tons of doubles to be found online, which in a way defeats the purpose of Create A Soul.

Or, Copy A Soul, as it would be called.

I've never liked the idea of downloading or even copying someone else's CAS.

It's not even "Oh, they worked so hard on it and it's their work and you stole it you COPIER"
It's just uncreative and, well, lazy. Instead of making your own character just download someone else's! Plus if any one got particularly popular I fear there will be millions tons of doubles to be found online, which in a way defeats the purpose of Create A Soul.

Or, Copy A Soul, as it would be called.

Yeah but people still do that nowadays with videos giving people tutorials on how to make "X" character. So this would just make things much simpler :/

@Yuna539_Hadokens are a character specific tool, not a feature of the game itself. but overall, considering PS simply took the core mechanics from what makes SF most recognisable id say its enough to make the claim seeing as they weren't trying to hide it. Even if what they aimlessly borrowed influence from is just generic uneeded minor things it change soulcalibur 's original format just to suit it as opposed to the other way around is why it stands out so much. When coming to play soul calibur for soul calibur , it just looks and feels too out of place with it so suddenly forced into a game that was always farest from needing it. Thats all. lt clashes like stripes and polkadots.

@Yuna539_Hadokens are a character specific tool, not a feature of the game itself. but overall, considering PS simply took the core mechanics from what makes SF most recognisable id say its enough to make the claim seeing as they weren't trying to hide it. Even if what they aimlessly borrowed influence from is just generic uneeded minor things it change soulcalibur 's original format just to suit it as opposed to the other way around is why it stands out so much. When coming to play soul calibur for soul calibur , it just looks and feels too out of place with it so suddenly forced into a game that was always farest from needing it. Thats all. lt clashes like stripes and polkadots.

what the...

tumblr_maxpieCmjF1qh5u4lo1_500.gif

I think it adds abit more depth to game-play. The meter makes a player wonder whether they should burn it up in the first few rounds or wait till the last round. Or perhaps the player just wants the meter for GI only~ Either way, I think the meter is a great addition, and true, while it does seem like PS just went and ripped off SF's "super moves" or whatever they're called, I think it was to appeal to a wider audience. At this point in SC life it needs some more attention. I don't want this series to die.

However, I don't want it to become another SF, so I get what your saying man.

@xxpyrussxx, lm not totally bias to the concept because with some like nightmare's specifically does add that on edge sense of strategic unpredictability to a match and his in particular works well with SC5's speed now but the others is where l guess what grinds me. Nightmare's is fun because its the a counter-quick and without exaggeration super-guard impact. l like it because its not outside what we had already. Where as a lot of the others look more like tacked on cartoony superspecialmagicawesomeish weird stuff which l find distracting and detracting like cassandra's CF. Just too flashy and unfunny.

Leixia's and Rapael's, are certainly a bit over-the-top. Lei's may be short... but it's obnoxious. Raph's is just ridiculous.

A-Pat's and Yoshimistu's are borderline. I would rather have the floating damage exclusive to Elysium and a-Pat's "dramatic pause" slows the fight down too much.

Pyrrha's and Astaroth's are severely underwhelming.

The rest of them are pretty spot on.

We're already back at the "vidja gaemz are too unrealistic" discussion again? 8WR, you have disappointed me for the last umpteen thousandth time.

We're already back at the "vidja gaemz are too unrealistic" discussion again? 8WR, you have disappointed me for the last umpteen thousandth time.
No, we're not. *shakes head* Kind of hard to pick that out of what was said, in reply to something being "too flashy".

What's being said is that the character's antics, during their CE, seem too silly or over-produced. That's how I feel with Leixia and Raph, with a bit of that same for Yoshi and a-Pat.

Back