If there were CaS styles besides Devil Jin...

I wouldn't mind some Tonfa.

(shit that's what Talim used, totally forgot.)

*looks at Ninja Gaiden 2 weapons*

Ng3dlc1.jpg

Le Bello would KILL for some claws. Literally AND figuratively kill.

Unknown's wolf should of been Z.W.E.I.'s joke weapon.

and why not give Sephiroth some love while we're at it.

Even though people might say he is pretty cheap, we can just make his commands harder to execute.

His character design could fit into SC quite smoothly. In fact, the Demon hitpack is a start in the right direction!

Soul of Kirby.
The ability to swallow, yes, LITERALLY swallow your opponent, spit them back out and use their powers.

As for my serious answer... I think hook swords would be awesome. Being able to hook them together would make for some pretty unique combos.

hook swords.jpg

and why not give Sephiroth some love while we're at it.

Even though people might say he is pretty cheap, we can just make his commands harder to execute.

I liked what Dissidia did with Sephiroth (outside of Shadow Flare spam in Duodecim). For those who never played him, essentially you had to delay his strings on hit to get the most damage out of them, since they were multi-hit strings that could be cut short if you finished them too early, thus cheating yourself out of damage. It's a cool mechanic, but there was rarely a time when you ever opted to cut his combos short - generally you only did so if you were in danger of a Banish Trap or it appeared like they might be able to just barely escape because of hitbox shenanigans. It was also very easy to do, and the only disadvantage of somehow getting the timing wrong was missing out on damage.

To put him in a more traditional fighter like Soulcalibur, I think one could feasibly expand on this and create a character similar to α Patroklos/Setsuka. The same thing applies - one can get measly damage by ending his moves as soon as possible without any difficulty, no timing required - or he can try to get a (comparatively difficult) Just Frame at the end of his moves to get more damage and different properties on hit (stuns, knock downs, wall splats, etc). If they fail the Just Frame, punish him hard for it - on top of not getting damage and good properties, make him disadvantaged, or even punishable. There needs to be a definite risk for screwing up on top of less damage.

Alternatively, one could just go the more obvious route and make him an insane spacing character, since his Masamune is about six feet long...

I liked what Dissidia did with Sephiroth (outside of Shadow Flare spam in Duodecim). For those who never played him, essentially you had to delay his strings on hit to get the most damage out of them, since they were multi-hit strings that could be cut short if you finished them too early, thus cheating yourself out of damage. It's a cool mechanic, but there was rarely a time when you ever opted to cut his combos short - generally you only did so if you were in danger of a Banish Trap or it appeared like they might be able to just barely escape because of hitbox shenanigans. It was also very easy to do, and the only disadvantage of somehow getting the timing wrong was missing out on damage.

To put him in a more traditional fighter like Soulcalibur, I think one could feasibly expand on this and create a character similar to α Patroklos/Setsuka. The same thing applies - one can get measly damage by ending his moves as soon as possible without any difficulty, no timing required - or he can try to get a (comparatively difficult) Just Frame at the end of his moves to get more damage and different properties on hit (stuns, knock downs, wall splats, etc). If they fail the Just Frame, punish him hard for it - on top of not getting damage and good properties, make him disadvantaged, or even punishable. There needs to be a definite risk for screwing up on top of less damage.

Alternatively, one could just go the more obvious route and make him an insane spacing character, since his Masamune is about six feet long...

I would like both suggestions to be implemented together.

He would be an aPat./Angol/Cervy/Nightmare type but bit easier to read his attacks since they would be easier to predict.

I believe he would be very able to be a playable contender as long as he is properly balanced and has enough individuality all around from the rest of the roster.

An actual werewolf would be cool. With legit claws and teeth. Then the game will turn into Bloody Roar. Speaking of Bloody Roar, they should make another one of them.

An actual werewolf would be cool. With legit claws and teeth. Then the game will turn into Bloody Roar. Speaking of Bloody Roar, they should make another one of them.
Yeah, I love werewolves. TRUE werewolves (looking at you Twilight lol) and I think it would be cool to see a full on werewolf character come into the game.

And I agree with Bloody Roar. It's one of my favorite fighting game series and I would love to see it come onto the PS3/360. Can you imagine what the characters would look like in these HD improved graphics? I also think a 3D Darkstalkers game would be fun to see too.

I think Heihachi could have used a comeback.

I also would have liked Wang Jinrei, Martial Law, Unknown, or Dragunov.
Can we like, quit putting so much Tekken into Soulcalibur? Until they get a little cross promotion going on, it's not really fair. IDK how a Soul character would fit into Tekken, but that's not for me to figure out. Plus if I wanted to play Tekken I'd play Tekken.

To be honest, if there where a bunch of CaS only styles in this game like SCIII I wouldn't play it. I love CaS but I hate inconsistency. The CaS styles plus the height adjuster would just do me in and I would hate SCV more than I hate SCIII.

Lets see
Dante's Gauntlets from Devil May Cry 3 or 4
Beowulf.png

Hayabusa's fighting style is better with weapons
but tuned down of course
ryu-hayabusa.jpg

And Tomahawks <3
1097842432_4240680881_thumbnail.jpg

Back