If you could have super powers, what would you like to have?

If I'm the only person in the world who gets this wish, I'd choose the power of cloning anything I want. Especially money. Or seeing the future of the stock market.
If other people get to have powers, I'd like telekinesis.

The power of the Death Note.
Except I can write it on anything & without the drawback of the Shinigami eyes.

I'd probably buy a large scythe & keep it in my house. Not for any specific purpose...

I would just personally find it amusing >:]

The power of the Death Note.
The main problem of the Death Note is well shown in the classical anime and manga.
The owner of the DN is very dependent on journalists and television. They stopped showing the criminals on television - the Yagami had problems. They showed on television the innocent, saying that he was a criminal - the Yagami killed the innocent.
The Yagami solved these problems due to the fact that his father was a police officer. But in the real world, such diversions are found quite quickly - different officers are given various information. If the criminal goes along the path given to the officer 3, means that the officer 3 has leaked the information.

in the possibility of the owner of a DN to become a great hired killer, I also strongly doubt it.
The problem is that there is no way to take orders and get paid for them while maintaining complete anonymity. The more anonymity - the more likely that your order or your pay will get someone else.

The main problem of the Death Note is well shown in the classical anime and manga.
The owner of the DN is very dependent on journalists and television. They stopped showing the criminals on television - the Yagami had problems. They showed on television the innocent, saying that he was a criminal - the Yagami killed the innocent.
The Yagami solved these problems due to the fact that his father was a police officer. But in the real world, such diversions are found quite quickly - different officers are given various information. If the criminal goes along the path given to the officer 3, means that the officer 3 has leaked the information.

in the possibility of the owner of a DN to become a great hired killer, I also strongly doubt it.
The problem is that there is no way to take orders and get paid for them while maintaining complete anonymity. The more anonymity - the more likely that your order or your pay will get someone else.
Part of that was a summary of the show & the other part didn't make sense. It was also falsely presumptuous.

So everyone fart on my face and return I fart on yours. Maybe by doing that we can somehow combine the smells of our smelly odors as a way to confirm our bonds. Sharing is caring.

I choose immutable influence. If I want someone to do something, I ask them or tell them and they do it. Whether that's handing me all of their money or breaking their own arm. And I don't want them to feel weird or forced about it. I want them to feel like it's the most natural thing in the world. Having to ask might seem like a weakness, but it seems good to have a safety on something like that. There are a lot of times you wish somebody would run into traffic or something and you don't really mean it. Heck if it worked with recorded media I wouldn't even have to do anything nefarious. Just record a video, put it on the internet, tell everyone to stick around to the end and which point I tell them to show all their friends, like and subscribe and then rake in that top channel dough.

It's time to say my option of using force.
Similar disputes on forums of comix-fans I saw many times. The main thing that I understood in these disputes - if your super-abilities become known to the world, millions of people will want to know the mechanism of their action. Therefore, the future of the laboratory rat lies ahead of you. Since 90 percent of the biological information is obtained at autopsy, laboratory rats are rarely long-lived.

So, for a start, I'll have to decide - Light or Dark Side of the Force?
If I choose the Light Side of Force - then the main problem of fighting with crime is not to defeat criminals in battle. Of course, the police and the army in combat are much stronger than any criminals. The main problem is to find criminals and prove that they were the ones who committed the crime.
Therefore, I will choose not a super power and fighting abilities, but clairvoyance ot farsight. However, if I openly say that I'm clairvoyant, the fate of a laboratory rat awaits me.
Therefore, I will try to become something like a detective Colombo, who almost immediately guessed who exactly the criminal. And the rest of the film Colombo spent on proving the guilt of the criminal.
Much easier if I instead of clairvoyance received a crystal ball with a similar ability. The reason is simple - it can be written on a video camera, and use this video as proof. Clairvoyance on the video camera unfortunately can not be written.
Of course, the magic thing has a big drawback - it can be stolen. But the possibility of conveying a wonderful thing at the same time is also a big advantage. For example, I can not work around the clock, and in case of strong employment for the rest time we will transfer the ball to friends. Also, if I'm suspected of having supernatural abilities, I can pass the ball to another person - to ward off suspicion from myself.
Finally, the main reason - if I fight with criminals, of course, I will have many enemies and wishing to take revenge on me. If the enemies kill me, one of my friends or like-minded people will receive the ball by inheritance, and will continue my work.

If I choose the Dark Side of the Force, I will also have to hide, and convince everyone that my unusual results are not related to anything supernatural.
The easiest way is to become something like a Latin American narcobaron. His closest analogue will be Tiberium barons from the Command and Conquer, or spice barons from the "Dune".
Therefore, my choice is that I will become a Tiberium or Spice Baron.

The option "neither good nor evil, I will remain in neutrality", I consider unpromising.
The reason is still the same - if the world learns about my super-abilities, I will become a laboratory rat. For this reason, the only way to maintain neutrality is not to use your super-abilities at all. The option "I have THE SUPER-POWER, but I do not use them" is almost the same as "I do not have THE SUPER-POWER", A small zero is not much different from the GREAT SUPER-ZERO.

How about this one, the ability to know when someone is lying with 100% accuracy. If I could time travel, I would go back to the 60s in San Francisco and get lost with all the other flower children. I was born in the wrong time.

Mind control is pretty much the most OP of the bunch if you stop and think about it. So that and I could force all people around the world to finally start using their brains. Yes, I would make common sense actually common.

Mind control is pretty much the most OP of the bunch if you stop and think about it. So that and I could force all people around the world to finally start using their brains. Yes, I would make common sense actually common.
At the comix forum it was discussed for about ten years, and came to the conclusion that the mind control is not overpower.
Firstly, the behavior of a person in a hypnotic trance is very different from the behavior of an ordinary person, as I mentioned earlier. And it is extremely difficult to overcome this. Prohibitive mechanisms for undesired behavior in the network of the human brain are arranged so that the removal of one prohibition causes bugs and twists in all neighboring streams.
Although of course this is true for the situation of "moderate realism, moderate fantasy."
In the situation of "low realism, high fantasy" dragons fly violating all the laws of aerodynamics, and skeletons move without muscles, see without eyes, and speak without language.

But in this case the second problem comes out - the immunity to the effect on the mind.
In real life there are people completely insensitive to hypnosis, so it is possible that they will be partially or completely insensitive to your skills.
Beings without a brain, such as robots or the aforementioned skeletons, will be completely insensitive to your skills.

Third, why do you think that your skills will have unlimited radius, effect size and duration?
Overpower in your assumptions is not the control of the mind, but the assumption that your skills will have unlimited radius and duration.

Back