iFC 8B and iFC 8B BE Guide

Its pretty good after 22A because if they know the frames they'll either want to jump attack or or 2A. iFC 8B beats both. Mix in throws and the backstep-chair and you're golden.
22A works a lot better because it's neutral on guard, and with those options it really shows why 22A is one of his best moves. Only problem is a simple AA or BB would beat all those options, so you shouldn't always try to catch them

Also 4B+K, 2A+B, iFC 8B does 81dmg (89 clean hit) vs 73 dmg with 66B ender for meterless backstep punish.

If you delay the bubble (perfect timing), you can get 4B+K(AT), 2A+B, 66B+K for 103d meterless. But yeah that combo is definatley more consistent (unless its a certain 4B+K tech trap).

If you delay the bubble (perfect timing), you can get 4B+K(AT), 2A+B, 66B+K for 103d meterless. But yeah that combo is definatley more consistent (unless its a certain 4B+K tech trap).

I was playing with it for a while and you have to delay the shot so it fires as the opponent is crumpling to the ground. When done correctly, they should be on their knees (using Pat as my example) once you fire the bubble; then, the bubble will hit them at their legs instead of their upper body launching them slightly higher, which gives you enough time to land the 66B+K.

This trick also works for landing 66B+K after landing a 1B on CH (following the 2A+B bubble, tip range 1B is nigh impossible to land 66B+K on bigger characters) and after hitting them with the iFC 8B BE when you're out of meter and are able to relaunch with 2A+B when their head is facing you or side of their body is facing you.

22A works a lot better because it's neutral on guard, and with those options it really shows why 22A is one of his best moves. Only problem is a simple AA or BB would beat all those options, so you shouldn't always try to catch them

22A on Grd into 2B works for me. Getting a headbutt blocked can be bad news in some cases. 22A's pushback on Grd makes me want to space more afterward anyway, it also makes me feel like Algol's 66A would be the only effective step catcher, I don't want 66A blocked either. I should use 4B+K afterward too, I don't set it up enough cause sometimes (more often than not) you find people who know and just never backstep.

4B+K is best used at the start of the round. Most people rush in pressing buttons, so 1B catches them on CH a real good chunk of the time, for the step-happy opponents, 66A and sometimes 33A or 11_77K will catch them easily. You have to instill fear of getting hit at the round start to make them backdash and get caught by 4B+K.

Also remember that 4B+K catches the opponent who's doing a retreating move or is doing a move with 4 in it (like Raph 44B)

Back