Ill Fated: Characters by SpellcraftQuill

SpellcraftQuill

[14] Master
Rebooting my thread after not posting for a long time plus needing a fresh start after my PS4 HDD died and with them, my custom characters.
Kingsbane.png

My main series of CaS, they are from a novel/RPG Maker game I'm creating (while I'm not too busy exhausted from work) of an assassin for an order of holy knights whom strayed against a once just cause.
Recreation/Reimaginations
Not necessarily recreations, but my own version of an already existing character.
Alternate Costumes
Not necessarily recreations, but my own version of an already existing character. They will be posted on their respective pages as linked.
Others
Anything else that doesn't belong. Usually experiments with different CaS parts.

Last edited:
EokY9tmWEAI0iEB.jpg

XIII, Phantom of Retribution
XIII_1P_1.jpg

Full Name: XIII (No name given.)
Faction: Former Left Hand of Order, now turned against masters.

Dislikes: Abusers of power, nobility, rodents, himself.

Theme: No Turning Back

Having been taken away from his family at birth, he doesn't know much of his past- only that he's been raised as a weapon of the Order. Only assigned a number and not even a name, XIII's past haunts him as an assassin and spy for the Order imposing their rule from the shadows. Seeing through their lies, he volunteers himself unto a mission for the decisive battle against the nation of Navarre which has long resisted the Order's machinations. However, his schemes against those whom he's served backfired on failing to convince his brother Jairus that the Order has fallen out of touch with its tenets.

Left for dead, a nun claiming to be the long lost Princess Maelys of Navarre nurses him back to health. Hurt by his own brother's perceived betrayal and blind loyalty, XIII now seeks power over the warring Navarrean states by using Princess Maelys as a bargaining chip for power. The once loyal Left Hand now no longer feigns loyalty to a once holy Order and would seek power at any means necessary to save the land from a corrupted, shadowy rule.
XIII_1P_2.jpg

XIII_1P_3.jpg

XIII_2P_1.jpg

XIII_2P_2.jpg

XIII_2P_3.jpg
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Scorpion_1.jpg

Having seen the Wo Dao, I've kind of figured that maybe Hwang's style with said weapon would actually work well on Scorpion. As stated, my "recreations" won't be exact recreations of certain designs, but rather my interpretation of said character. Focused more on the demonic vibes here while maintaining his traditional undead form.

Scorpion_3.jpg

Scorpion_2.jpg
Yaksha (Original creation)
Yasha_1.jpg

What is behind that mask? This was an attempt to create something somewhat androgynous but no matter what you do, there's always going to be those breasts. I had this design in mind when Setsuka was released to see if I could get the Wretch Suit under her SCIV kimono. This design also gives rather blatant Yoshimitsu vibes, don't you think. Even Setsuka's damaged hair seems to somehow create that wig that's often on the ninja Robin Hood. Just an experiment more than anything.
Yasha_2.jpg

Yasha_3.jpg

Last edited:
Scorpion is your favorite MK character? by the way your version look like it's from MK 11! not bad, SpellcraftQuill!

mine are- Sub-Zero, Ermac and now Rain thanks to MK 11.

Anyways, XIII and Yaksha look bad@ss! Yaksha look like she could be Yoshimitsu's long lost sister or distant relative

Actually more into Sub-Zero even though the NRS Hanzo arc is making me reconsider. It’s just that the MK characters get different designs each game so it’s easier for me to create my own versions.

The Kingsbane characters (XIII for example) are my main passion.

Maelys, Rightful Heir
Maelys_1P_1.jpg

Full Name: Maelys della Navarra IV
Faction: Heir to Navarre.

Dislikes: Lies, blood, alcohol, dogs.

Theme: Unwavering Resolve, Call of the Legend (vs XIII)

Long-lost princess of the fallen nation of Navarre, Princess Maelys was sent to live as a sister near her homeland's outskirts upon her father's defeat. This kept her in the dark of her heritage but she always knew she was destined for something greater. While she remains pious in her faith, Maelys lacks the haughty nature of her fellow monastery sisters and puts the people first. Still, that is her only home even if she does long to make a difference and do good throughout the land. This was until one fateful day that she discovered she was truly the heir to Navarre. As if a divine spirit took over, she secretly learned the art of combat from observing the Order's soldiers on patrol. Her call would ultimately be answered upon the timely arrival of the Left Hand's renegade known only as XIII. Because she nursed an apostate, she has been deemed one herself and is thus banished from her home. Now the time has come for her to reclaim her throne...

Truly an idealist, her love for tales of chivalry have inspired her in her desires to save Navarre from its chaos. Yet due to her sheltered upbringing, she is known to be rather naïve and sometimes lacking in common sense. She is serious to a fault with her duties and despite being made an outcast, hasn't lost her faith. These traits put her at odd XIII along with her hesitance to put to the sword, traits to hold be a would-be queen. Still, despite her benevolent nature, she longs for the lavish lifestyles of nobility that she longed to have. She prays her gentle heart will make her be able to restore the homeland she was denied.
Maelys_1P_2.jpg

Maelys_1P_3.jpg

Maelys_2P_2.jpg

Maelys_2P_3.jpg

Maelys_2P_1.jpg

Worldbuilding time: A bull is on the emblem of the Navarrean royal family. Was inspired by the horns for alt!Maelys’s crown.

Also you’ll probably notice a few of the alts look a bit like timeskip versions. Her alt actually gets a lower pitch.

And it’s a bit weird how with Serious Type, she sometimes sounds like one of my supervisors...

Ciaran, Free Spirit
Ciaran_1P_1.jpg

Full Name: Ciaran Ni-Tali
Faction: Talian exile.

Dislikes: Politics, oppression, blood, ghosts.

Theme: Sleepless: The Untamed Beast

A minstrel exiled from the Talians, nomads mixed with human and dragon's blood. Initially one of many bounty hunters out for XIII's head, Maelys's pleas for mercy lead to Ciaran deciding the others' cause is worth fighting for. Being dismissed by the former assassin as an imbecile, they end up striking a strong friendship despite their initial disdain towards one another. This cheerful, foolish façade masks his desire to make good use of his gifts in healing magicks channeled by playing his flute, even knowing that this would have him marked as one to but put to the sword by the Order. He believes the land Maelys seeks to rule is one where he'd find his way of freedom. One wonders if his nonchalance is an act...

Not a man known for taking responsibility, Ciaran follows wherever the wind goes. With a tendency towards cowardice, it belies his charisma and a desire to do good without being tied down by any laws or customs. Because of his race though, he is shunned yet his performances have earned him the occasional Aurum among those who haven't any hatred for the Talians. While he lacks in combat prowress, Ciaran serves as the mood maker of Princess Maelys's retinue.
Ciaran_1P_2.jpg

Ciaran_1P_3.jpg

Ciaran_2P_1.jpg
Ciaran_2P_2.jpg
Ciaran_2P_3.jpg

Back