I'm the 6,666th member of 8way run. Hello to all.

Mr.Nobody

[10] Knight
Hey there!

Lobo sent me a message stating that I'm the 6,666th member of 8way run. Kinda has a nice ring to it, that 6,6666 number....

I've been playing SC since it was Soul Edge in the arcades ( way back when I was in highschool, I think ). I bought a dreamcast for the sole purpose of playing SC and I have played all the SC games up to SC IV . I tried fighting online on XBL ( laggy as hell ) a few times and I hate being F-bombed by 12 year old kids . Be that as it may, I am just an average player so anyone here can probably beat the living crap out of me any time.

After 3 years or so, I have resumed playing SC IV and I am trying to relearn everything, even the basics.

See you around.

Hi and welcome.

Be sure to check Ivy's Soul Arena, maybe you will learn something new from it.

Hi and welcome.

Be sure to check Ivy's Soul Arena, maybe you will learn something new from it.

Thanks!

With Ivy , I have to remind myself that she is no longer the "buffer queen" of SC 2 and that her moves are a bit tighter this time around. SS and CS is a bit tricky to pull off with a standard 360 controller, but it can be done . Also, I'm trying to figure out how to switch to sword stance between moves so I can launch opponents into the air from coil or whip and do 6B8 or 8AB. I need to relearn all those coil/sword/whip moves too and Ivy's Soul Arena is perfect for that.

By the way, I hope they keep Ivy in SC V. Its a good thing that Old Man Mitsurugi is still around and kicking in SC V ( yeah, I saw the short demo on Spike via youtube ). Too bad for Soph, but her kids will take her place ( or as speculation might have it, she will be a Boss character ).

See you around and I'm glad to be here.

I noticed the number, so I capped it.

6666.JPG

Thanks!

With Ivy , I have to remind myself that she is no longer the "buffer queen" of SC 2 and that her moves are a bit tighter this time around. SS and CS is a bit tricky to pull off with a standard 360 controller, but it can be done . Also, I'm trying to figure out how to switch to sword stance between moves so I can launch opponents into the air from coil or whip and do 6B8 or 8AB. I need to relearn all those coil/sword/whip moves too and Ivy's Soul Arena is perfect for that.

By the way, I hope they keep Ivy in SC V. Its a good thing that Old Man Mitsurugi is still around and kicking in SC V ( yeah, I saw the short demo on Spike via youtube ). Too bad for Soph, but her kids will take her place ( or as speculation might have it, she will be a Boss character ).

See you around and I'm glad to be here.
Yeah, I agree. To be honest I'm not too worry about Ivy in SC5. She's one of the most iconic characters of the series, I'd would be really unwise to get rid of her so I'm pretty sure she's coming back ;)

In my opinion, her SC4 "incarnation" is the most interesting one so far, she is one of the most complex and fun to play characters not only in SC but fighting games in general. CS/SS are still powerful but not as important this time.

Exactly, Ivy is one of most complex characters to use in the game.

Anyways, welcome to 8wayrun.^_^

Yo!

I play Cass and Soph too. But I main Ivy and Mitsurugi ( and Hwang but that was way back in Soul Edge and when he was still around ).

See you around.

ivy will be back...again.

she will be extremely good at everything...again.

all the ivy players will complain that she isn't good enough...again.

:)

I enter my plea as "Guilty, your Honor".

Oh, you forgot 2 things.

she will have most of her movesets changed and all ivy players will complain....again.

her SS/CS will be neutered and ivy players will complain....again

However, there will be very few complaints regarding changes in her bust size and the pair of bottlecaps and the band aid she will probably be wearing in SC V. Just kidding.

a bandaid strung and held up by a fishing line.......

As long as it isn't that George Washington SC 2 2nd P costume.

How did I miss this thread?

Congratulations on your numerical honor, sir.
Welcome to the forums, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask or PM me. I am here to help!

Enjoy your stay.

-Idle

How did I miss this thread?

Congratulations on your numerical honor, sir.
Welcome to the forums, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask or PM me. I am here to help!

Enjoy your stay.

-Idle

It's great to be here, Sir. Thanks!

Our Ivy threads are probably the most detailed character forum ,so any questions you have on her are likely explained in full to help explain her complex nature. We have break downs of each stance, glitches, hidden mechanics, and how to use and perform iCS/SS. It's also still very quick to respond to questions. Welcome to 8wayrun.

Back