I'm the 6,666th member of 8way run. Hello to all.

Our Ivy threads are probably the most detailed character forum ,so any questions you have on her are likely explained in full to help explain her complex nature. We have break downs of each stance, glitches, hidden mechanics, and how to use and perform iCS/SS. It's also still very quick to respond to questions. Welcome to 8wayrun.

Yes, that is one of the reasons why I decided to join 8wayrun. Right now, I'm trying to relearn Ivy's Howling Spirits.

Thanks!

Lies I tells ya! The Siegfried boards have more detail generally - the Ivy boards just have more high level players (more helpful input) and what with Ivy being Ivy, there's more to write about...
As for SE B:6B:4B:6B:4B once you learn the rythm, try to do it with your eyes closed - if you can do that, then you'll be able to do it on or offline.
Welcome to 8way dude! =)

Lies I tells ya! The Siegfried boards have more detail generally - the Ivy boards just have more high level players (more helpful input) and what with Ivy being Ivy, there's more to write about...
As for SE B:6B:4B:6B:4B once you learn the rythm, try to do it with your eyes closed - if you can do that, then you'll be able to do it on or offline.
Welcome to 8way dude! =)

Yo!

Ever since that move came out in SC 2, it has been sort of a "challenge" to me. I still play SC 2 on my old xbox and I can pull that move off most of the time ( like 2 out of 5, which is lousy ) . In SC IV, I can't even do it once. They made the inputs really tight. Either that, or my timing really sucks.

Thanks,dude!

To be honest don't worry about that move. Even at the highest level the move has no real significance. Most players would rather do BBB and at least be assured the move will work as the benefit for the 5JF version is too small for the risk of dropping it. The damage is only 20 more, in combos even less. it's just as unsafe and the only real significant difference is it breaks SG faster...but that's only if they block ALL the hits...which also means you're getting punished and they're just gonna heal it back in the process. Only do the 5JF if you have a 90% success rate, it is not needed and is often only done for show or when you have a confident lead or want to close out a match.

Lol, I remember a few months ago when I first learned it, you gave me the exact same lecture XD
And Malek would disagree with you there btw :P
@ Mr Nobody
It just takes practice - it took me a while to get down consistently, but now it's second nature, you'll get there - just keep at it :)

To be honest don't worry about that move. Even at the highest level the move has no real significance. Most players would rather do BBB and at least be assured the move will work as the benefit for the 5JF version is too small for the risk of dropping it. The damage is only 20 more, in combos even less. it's just as unsafe and the only real significant difference is it breaks SG faster...but that's only if they block ALL the hits...which also means you're getting punished and they're just gonna heal it back in the process. Only do the 5JF if you have a 90% success rate, it is not needed and is often only done for show or when you have a confident lead or want to close out a match.
I agree. It's just one fancy move, anyway.

The thing is, it's more of a matter of "pride" ( i know, it's stupid ). Like, an Ivy player ought to be able to pull it off at a drop of a hat. Besides it scares the hell out off people when they see that move. Intimidation is part of the game. SS/CS is the cake and HS is the icing and the cherry on top, something like that. In a match, winning is good but winning with style is great.

I haven't been in a match for a very long time now ( the laggy XBL match I had 3 years ago against a very animated 12 year-old kid does not count ) , but I want to know that if I do get into a match I'll be on top of my game.

See you around

@Synraii

Thanks,man. Practice is the ONLY way to get it right.

By the time I execute this move flawlessly 10 times out of 10, there will be SC V. If they change this move in SC V ( assuming that Ivy will still be their ), I will strangle somebody. Kidding....

To a noob from an even noobier noob, welcome to 8wayrun.

And it's another Ivy main. . . Great. Knowing that, I'm already seething with hate at your mere presence on these forums while simultaneously respecting you for not only playing such a difficult character, but also dating the game back to SoulEdge.

Rapidly dissipating nerd-rage aside, you don't seem like the snooty, egotistical, srsbzns Ivy's I come into contact with on XBL, so with that sliver of hope, I'd like to fight you one day.

I got it. Weird, but:

1. Howling Spirits is easier to pull off on a d-pad compared to using a Hori fighter stick.
2. I got rid of that " I can't do it, I haven't played in ages" mental attitude and just let it go.
3. The 2nd and last directional and B tap are the most crucial parts. If Ivy doesn't "glow" on the second B tap, the you end up with a regular BBB. I just noticed ( or remembered, maybe ) that the ending animation is different after a 5 hit JF. I know, sheer noobishness.
4. The perverse thing about it is that if I am not thinking about how to pull the move off and I am not mentally counting the moves, everything falls into place and presto, Howling Spirits.

3 times out of 10 is still very lousy, but I'm working on it.

Sorry, wrong place to post this but I just had to say it.

So much for Howling Spirits.

To a noob from an even noobier noob, welcome to 8wayrun.

And it's another Ivy main. . . Great. Knowing that, I'm already seething with hate at your mere presence on these forums while simultaneously respecting you for not only playing such a difficult character, but also dating the game back to SoulEdge.

Rapidly dissipating nerd-rage aside, you don't seem like the snooty, egotistical, srsbzns Ivy's I come into contact with on XBL, so with that sliver of hope, I'd like to fight you one day.
Nah, I'm just an average Ivy player who fell in love with the game all over again after 3 years of trying to forget about it.

See you around, dude.

That's probably because you met them on XBL.

Saying from experience - everyone from 8way gets along for the most part. And if, for whatever reason, they can't get along, then they at least try to keep it civil. :) I mean hey, when I first joined 8way, I was a terrible player, who was only really known for being on top of that old, "best of" list they had going on at GFAQs, so yeah, I had my share of online rage. After coming here, met a lot of great people, learned a whole lot about my character, started going to offline meets and then started attending tourneys. Looking back at it now, I can honestly say, I never would have joined the competitive scene and had as much fun with the game as I did had I not come to 8way and met players here like lobo (I single him out cause he was the one to first force me to come and play offline).

As for Mr. Nobody, welcome and congrats on that number, man. You seem like a cool guy, I'll probably see you around.

@IRONTOOFBRUSH

Hey there! Yeah, the number is neat.

I'm sort of "coming back" to the series after a long hiatus. Kinda rusty and my timing is off, so I am going through all the basics and some of the more "flashy" stuff just to keep me on my toes.

See you around, dude.

@IRONTOOFBRUSH

Hey there! Yeah, the number is neat.

I'm sort of "coming back" to the series after a long hiatus. Kinda rusty and my timing is off, so I am going through all the basics and some of the more "flashy" stuff just to keep me on my toes.

See you around, dude.
Once you've learned Ivy's C throws and the 5 hit just, try to learn GB Asura for a real challenge =P

@Synraii

Bro, CL 1B B+K works like a charm, but I don't think you can insert A or slide input A in between ( or then again, maybe you can but 1B B+K will do it just fine). The party is still early, so we'll get to that GB stuff later on.

You can, it prevents the transition into SW aloowing you to stay in CL with that nasty backstep, giving you the option to spam it ^^

If you're on a controller rather than a stick, bind a shoulder button to B+K then just do a three part slide:
baB+K - works every time. Btw, I'll have a Bombardier if that offer's still on the table ^_~

@Synraii

So I mapped B+K to RB.....and it works. Sometimes. But,it works! The timing of the slide to A is tricky ( before the tip of the short reaches somewhere head level but before it goes all the way to her back before B+K ). If I can do it consistently, then its golden.

Okay, one of these days the tab on that Bombardier is on me.

Back