In a Battle Royale who would win?

Who would win in a Battle Royale (to the death)

• Dante (Devil May Cry)

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Sephiroth (FFVII/ Kingdom Hearts series)

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Nightmare (Soul Calibur series)

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Starkiller (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed)

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Ryu (Ninja Gaiden series)

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Algol (Soul Calibur IV)

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Kratos (God of War series)

Votes: 13 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FFVIII was my favorite in the series too...

The problem was that too many people missed the whole point of the game. It was an OPERA.

Seemed more like eye candy than opera to me... the story and game play were just lacking in my opinion-too much time spent on uber ps2 grafix.

lol @ Algol

we are talking about a guy who gets beat everytime we play arcade mode lolz, ofcource sephiroth would win.. :D

See, I really hated Steiner when I originally played IX. However I can understand where he's coming from now. A true patriot - loyal to the end. He was a complete tool and an idiot; but that was all part of his character. He was the most loyal guy ever; basically he was a stupid dog....and I really don't like dogs because of their loyalty even if their master is cruel.

VIII had fine gameplay - except for uber grind draw system which probably occupied at least 40 hours of my time...but I think people are forgetting CARD GAME!

Sure FFVII had so many mini games but they were always at the heat of the moment and if you screwed it up it usually meant missing out on a nifty item. To me that's not fair, being thrown a new dynamic all of a sudden without any practice or safety net. Crisis Core tried to recreate that 'mini games gallore' and it didn't separate the chore that was the general gameplay....

I don't expect RPGs to deliver incredible gameplay experience...it's just usually travel from A to B, hear what someone has to say, kick some ass and see where it goes from there. Interesting gameplay is welcome to come pay us a visit; but on the fly mini games can be so incredibly unfair (and VII's didn't go past anything more than hit random button at an assignment right time).

Dante would win! He has so many awesome tricks he can do and he's super-duper kawaii ^______^ not to mention the fact that he slays evil things! HOW COOL IS THAT?!

/fanboy

Regardless, I voted for Dante just because I like DMC the best out of the games listed.

no offense

but these threads make me and many other people irritated. its like gamespot/gamefaq's "omfg who is better??? CLOUD OR SQUALL" threads that tend to fry brain cells per view.

btw, why is starkiller up there?

Starkiller is up there cuz i just finished reading TFU book, and i thought he was pretty cool.

VII's mini-games were not random button-pressing, Snowboarding, Submarine, Motorcycle, they all had a part in the story line and you could go back in the Golden saucer and get the items. The basketball game there Took ridiculous timing to keep going, and ok... the "fighting game" was just Rock-Paper-Scissors with apparently no chance of winning. The card game in VIII was probably the only thing I hated more about it than the magic and lvl systems. One thing I liked about it was the trigger for critical hits, that should have been used more in RGS's. Speaking on interesting battle systems, XenoGears was pretty cool.

Back